• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I don’t remember anyone picking us to win the division last year. Playoffs definitely. But not the division.
    I picked us to win the AFCW after our great start. This team just didn’t know how to finish.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

This kinda reminds me of going for it on 4th down from our 18 yard line. Do we really need to do this for RT? I'd much rather get a superstar at 17 and then use our next years first rounder to pick up another player at the top of second round we really like.

:facepalm1:
      IF this rumor is true, the Chargers must believe this is the best offensive tackle in this draft class, in order to commit to a such a drastic move. I LOVE the idea of someone to freaking maul Maxx Crosby, I find myself in favor of the move as I believe RT is our weakness on paper, other than RBs and special teams players, and all can be acquired in the later rounds.

Scenario: Chargers have a 7 point lead in the 4th quarter. Five minutes left on the clock, Chargers ball on their own 24. I would run the ball, dominate and control the line of scrimmage, which in-turn, allows you to control the clock and the game. This move to put the Chargers over-the-top addresses that long time short coming in Charger football, and ROI on investment in Ickey so great, the Chargers would be in the AFC Championship game come January, hence making any future 1st Round pick for the Chargers, the near equivalent of a high Second Round pick.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I picked us to win the AFCW after our great start. This team just didn’t know how to finish.
        This team didn't have enough pieces in 2021. The defensive interior lineman and Bryan Bulaga were the achilles' heel and killed their playoff hopes.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

This kinda reminds me of going for it on 4th down from our 18 yard line. Do we really need to do this for RT? I'd much rather get a superstar at 17 and then use our next years first rounder to pick up another player at the top of second round we really like.

Rebuilding teams's GM dont do this.
          SB bound team's GM dont do this.
          NFL Madden team's GM.....hey they do this.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I thought I was shocked by Daniel Jeremiah's new mock.

Dealing multiple #1s to move UP when you can stay put and select Charles Cross or Trevor Penning. That said, that means that Staley & The Gang think ICKEY EKWONU is the dude to lock down the RT spot, as kinda still I'm freaked out by losing multiple years.

That would certainly signal that the Chargers are all in on 2022.

https://ninetynineyards.com/2022/01/...-need-to-know/

He's got the most dominant hand punch I've seen. Violent, violent hands. Ex-wrestler. Let's do it.
            Let me put it this way: Trevor Penning + next years #1 (in the middle 20's?) or Ekwonu?

The Chargers roster at this moment hasn't separated itself from the AFC west pack.
            Going all out means consistently taking bold moves.....not reverting back to your usual cautious self after going half way.

Didn't anyone read the Shakespearean quote i posted? Zounds!

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Superstar falling to #17?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Rebuilding teams's GM dont do this.
                SB bound team's GM dont do this.
                NFL Madden team's GM.....hey they do this.
                You mean move up for a non quarterback in the 1rst?
                Pittsburgh moved up for Troy Palamalu & Devin Bush...nothing works out 100 %.
                You have to trust your scouting department and figure out your needs.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

IF this rumor is true, the Chargers must believe this is the best offensive tackle in this draft class, in order to commit to a such a drastic move. I LOVE the idea of someone to freaking maul Maxx Crosby, I find myself in favor of the move as I believe RT is our weakness on paper, other than RBs and special teams players, and all can be acquired in the later rounds.

Scenario: Chargers have a 7 point lead in the 4th quarter. Five minutes left on the clock, Chargers ball on their own 24. I would run the ball, dominate and control the line of scrimmage, which in-turn, allows you to control the clock and the game. This move to put the Chargers over-the-top addresses that long time short coming in Charger football, and ROI on investment in Ickey so great, the Chargers would be in the AFC Championship game come January, hence making any future 1st Round pick for the Chargers, the near equivalent of a high Second Round pick.
                  Do you really see Staley as the kind of coach who would try to run the ball to bleed the clock with 5 min left in the 4th quarter and only a 7 point lead? Hope you’re not pining for the Lynn daze.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

7 points with 5 minutes left? That’s like an invitation.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      7 points with 5 minutes left? That’s like an invitation (to run over a gassed defense).

I think that is what you meant.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

This team didn't have enough pieces in 2021. The defensive interior lineman and Bryan Bulaga were the achilles' heel and killed their playoff hopes.
                        Lack of adequate depth was widespread. RT, RB, DT, LB, CB.
                        Run D was the single largest problem and has been largely addressed in FA.
                        We're not done.
                        Smart moves improving OL are still a must.
                        I'd find a decent vet ILB.
                        There's room for improvement #2 RB, CB depth among others.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I think that is what you meant.
                          Playoff-winning teams score 7 in 30 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                          X