2022 OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY 1 - WHO YA GONNA PICK?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

TT’s has had a mix of drafts where he’s traded up: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2020; and drafts where he has stayed put: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2021.

I don’t think he’ll trade up in this draft unless it cost only a 6th or 7th. He lacks capital to move up too far. And I think he and Staley are in alignment about mortgaging the future too much.
    If TT have found a way to trade back a little bit in 1st round, he would have had that capital.
    Perhaps we lost the chance to get a N. Dean, a A. Booth or a B. Mafe.
    WAS went back 5 spots (11 to 16) and got a 3rd and a 4th.
    NE went back 8 spots (21 to 29) and got the same 3rd and 4th.
    Today, I'm not happy how the things went on day 1.
    Just hope Zion's play will help to change my mind.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

If TT have found a way to trade back a little bit in 1st round, he would have had that capital.
      Perhaps we lost the chance to get a N. Dean, a A. Booth or a B. Mafe.
      WAS went back 5 spots (11 to 16) and got a 3rd and a 4th.
      NE went back 8 spots (21 to 29) and got the same 3rd and 4th.
      Today, I'm not happy how the things went on day 1.
      Just hope Zion's play will help to change my mind.
      If Zion was "the" guy, then by moving down you risked losing him. IMO, an additional 3rd and 4th did not merit losing a guy like Johnson. Now, for a 2nd-rounder...maybe. But I doubt anyone was willing to make that kind of offer. Mid-round picks (4th and beyond), don't carry much weight with me; they're just darts you throw that you hope hit the bullseye. Even a late 3rd-rounder isn't a prime catch, IMO.

Plus, I don't quite get what you're saying: The three guys you mentioned above (Dean, Booth, Mafe...all of whom I know nothing about), are they 3rd-round picks? 4th-round picks? Or would we have (probably) lost Johnson by trading down 5-8 spots and then taken one of those three guys with the 22nd-25th pick instead?

Looks like you're the most disappointed poster today. Most everyone else seems pretty happy. Hope Johnson's play changes your mind.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

The 3rd and 4th you got in the downgrade could be use for adding a 2nd in a trade.
        I thought with all the 7th rounders we have, we could upgrade some picks.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Who wants 7th round picks?? Fantasy Island.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

NE. BB is still in search of another Brady.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

TT’s has had a mix of drafts where he’s traded up: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2020; and drafts where he has stayed put: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2021.

I don’t think he’ll trade up in this draft unless it cost only a 6th or 7th. He lacks capital to move up too far. And I think he and Staley are in alignment about mortgaging the future too much.
              They do seem to be working really well together, Staley’s contribution’s to the offseason and in the draft room so far are among his most impressive accomplishments since he arrived so far. He’s made TT a better GM and improved the FO’s performance overall up to this point…his approach to players has also made the chargers a desirable destination for FAs. Last offseason we saw them transition from getting older overpaid broken down guys in FA to younger more viable players and this year that really really became the theme, all the FAs experienced, accomplished, and under 28 years of age, plus they didn’t overpay for a single effin one of them like they would’ve in the past. The ole Bulaga ‘let’s go out west and retire fat on charger money’ deal is going away thank goodness!!!
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

If Zion was "the" guy, then by moving down you risked losing him. IMO, an additional 3rd and 4th did not merit losing a guy like Johnson. Now, for a 2nd-rounder...maybe. But I doubt anyone was willing to make that kind of offer. Mid-round picks (4th and beyond), don't carry much weight with me; they're just darts you throw that you hope hit the bullseye. Even a late 3rd-rounder isn't a prime catch, IMO.

Plus, I don't quite get what you're saying: The three guys you mentioned above (Dean, Booth, Mafe...all of whom I know nothing about), are they 3rd-round picks? 4th-round picks? Or would we have (probably) lost Johnson by trading down 5-8 spots and then taken one of those three guys with the 22nd-25th pick instead?

Looks like you're the most disappointed poster today. Most everyone else seems pretty happy. Hope Johnson's play changes your mind.
                Agreed. You don't trade away a Day 1 starter for a 3rd & 4th maybe/maybe not contributor.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Don't trade away, just go down 5-8 spots !

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

I'll give you credit, you're wrong but you are sticking to your thought regardless that only one other member agreed with you.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                      Fluent in Sarcasm
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Iowa
                      • Man of the People
                      • Send PM

Should have pulled a Belichek, moved down 8 picks and then drafted a guy consistently graded as a 3rd-4th rounder. Instead of replacing JC Jackson with McDuffie they got to replace Shaq Mason (who they traded for a 5th rounder) with Cole Strange. Belichek is playing this league like a fiddle with these trade downs.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

He's gone 5 or 8 spots later.

Comment

• The Jets are just making everyone else look silly in this draft. Now they get Breece Hall to go along with Gardner, Wilson and Jermaine Johnson. Just awesome.

Comment

Working...
                          X