2022 OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY 1 - WHO YA GONNA PICK?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Makes sense. Green to me was an unexpected pick by Houston and I like Zion but figured Green had the more versatility that we like, thus why I mocked him to us
    I’m very happy with who Chargers selected with their first round pick 2020, 2021 and 2022. We can only hope, 2023 is as good

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Mock of the day. I’d like to add interior pass rush so when two guys were there when I picked, I couldn’t resist.

E3A7AFA7-274F-468C-A7EE-952D43601646.jpeg
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Bresee is a top 5 pick. JJ Watt clone. Of course JJ slid to #11 but no way in hell #25 unless of some significant injury.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
          Bresee is a top 5 pick. JJ Watt clone. Of course JJ slid to #11 but no way in hell #25 unless of some significant injury.
          JJ Watt clone? Not really that close imo.
          He would have to do a lot better this season to be a top 5 pick. He can be but he isnt as good as Watt was.
          In anycase im not sure a DT x2 is going to be a top need. JJ in only his 2nd season as a DL was a monster.

Kinda weird seeing a mock already as we havent even seen the current class play a game yet.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-26-2022, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

JJ Watt clone? Not really that close imo.
            He would have to do a lot better this season to be a top 5 pick. He can be but he isnt as good as Watt was.
            In anycase im not sure a DT x2 is going to be a top need. JJ in only his 2nd season as a DL was a monster.

Kinda weird seeing a mock already as we havent even seen the current class play a game yet.
            Not weird it’s what we do.

second, stand by JJ Watt profile. High motor interior who could kick outside. Explosive off snap. Relentless versatile athlete who is built the same, 6-5 290-295. Of course we won’t know his feasting numbers until the combine, if they even measure same tests going forward, but tape doesn’t lie. He looks like he could also play some offense as TE or FB. Absolutely love Watt, watched him while playing for Wisconsin and pounded the table for Texans to take him. Little did I know he would slip out of the top 10 right into our laps…. For the Chargers to draft him would require trading up, no doubt about it. Would love if they did.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

23.jpg

missed out on Arik Gilbert round 2, and coulda gone Skoronski round one as well.... Dante Stills was ranked one spot below Gaoteote.

Bumper Pool is overrated, and while Cam Brown is easily a day two talent....
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

interesting in that the draft was all D.... missed out on RB round one (Bijan), and passed on the OL in favor of ILB, same round, and.... missed out on wideout round two.... after that, all D.

Noah Sewell >> Murray
                Calijah Kancey >> Tillery
                Bumper Pool >> Drue
                Cam Brown >> Callahan
                Siaki Ika >> Covington
                Rashad Wisdom >> Alohi
                Palaie Gaoteote >> Egbule

Bijan is LT sexy, Sewell is Seau sexy, and Skoronski.... not so much (Ed White ?) ,
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  23.jpg

missed out on Arik Gilbert round 2, and coulda gone Skoronski round one as well.... Dante Stills was ranked one spot below Gaoteote.

Bumper Pool is overrated, and while Cam Brown is easily a day two talent....
                  There’s a man who loves his D.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

The dog days of June, nothing is happening in football. Might as well take a look at next year’s talent.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      The dog days of June, nothing is happening in football. Might as well take a look at next year’s talent.
                      Project, project, project. Time to reflect, anticipate, and take a broad overview of this teams firepower moving forward. Plenty going on in the head.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Mock of the day. I’d like to add interior pass rush so when two guys were there when I picked, I couldn’t resist.

E3A7AFA7-274F-468C-A7EE-952D43601646.jpeg
                        If the Chargers Run Defense improves to above league average, but interior pass rush still lags and feels like they will move on from Tillery end of season, why not trade back in 1st (early 2nd) in addition to extra pick (late 2nd/early 3rd) and address interior pass rush with DT Jaquelin Roy? Pair him with Day and Austin Johnson would finish the front 7.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

If the Chargers Run Defense improves to above league average, but interior pass rush still lags and feels like they will move on from Tillery end of season, why not trade back in 1st (early 2nd) in addition to extra pick (late 2nd/early 3rd) and address interior pass rush with DT Jaquelin Roy? Pair him with Day and Austin Johnson would finish the front 7.
                          I can see two DTs leaving after this year. There will be space for younger, cheaper high talent guys on the IDL. So when both popped up, I drafted them. In reality, both may be gone before we pick in the first. But I would absolutely restock the DL with our first two picks if the right guys were there. We are on the older side there right now.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X