2022 OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAY 1 - WHO YA GONNA PICK?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

In Hops with Pop - somebody asked Popper and he didn't think they would trade up. Without a second rounder its using future capital. Like next years 1st - not a fan. The Chargers history of trading up: Ricks Still, Hester, Te'O, Attaouchu, Murray and Gordon

Thats not good and I get its three GMs over 30 years - but nope - not for me

Stay the course - see what happens. Maybe in Round 4, you have two 6's you can move up in that round
    Brugler has Lucas falling to us without a trade up. He correctly guessed Zion to us yesterday.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Rachaad, Zamir , or Zaquandre?
      Zamir would be my first choice but either of the other 2 will fit the bill as well.
      Get an rb2 who can take better advantage of your stud Oline;
      keep your defense off the field and well rested!!!!

Pip's forte is run blocking: he only needs to stop with his turnstyle imitation in pass pro.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Staley talked about having the rest of this draft and free agency after to address the rest of the oline depth/RT....that was awfully transparent of him....also reiterated that Feiler is LG unless something drastic happens.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

It's not like Roundtree was a high pick. Higher rounds are not even a 50/50 shot, so you can't necessarily expect that he was going to fill that role. I still think we need to bring him back and see if he can get his head extracted, but we are too close to having a complete offense to play wait and see. In fact, given our need at RB, a couple of late round RB would not be out of the question if we don't get one earlier (3rd/4th).
          Jaimes wasn’t high either. Just happy they’re not thinking, oh we covered that last year, when obviously it’s still a need.

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

In Hops with Pop - somebody asked Popper and he didn't think they would trade up. Without a second rounder its using future capital. Like next years 1st - not a fan. The Chargers history of trading up: Ricks Still, Hester, Te'O, Attaouchu, Murray and Gordon

Thats not good and I get its three GMs over 30 years - but nope - not for me

Stay the course - see what happens. Maybe in Round 4, you have two 6's you can move up in that round
            Don't forget we traded up for Leaf as well!
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We spent money in FA'cy on DTs, doubt we are trading up for another. I don't even see it as a need.. Maybe later round depth.
              Charger starting DTs (Day/Johnson) will frustrate us with how little they pressure the qb.
              One of them will always come out on passing downs.....need a 3rd pass rusher.

Need a 3rd pass rusher to take pressure off of Bosa/Mack anyhow, so that they don't wear out during games.

Is that Rumph? Tillery? Doesn't matter what position. You need two good ones who are fresh throughout games.
              My guess is that Telesco/Staley will be hedging their bets and go in that direction early,
              taking advantage of a deep group.

Can't wait too long.

A few dbs still available in free agency....the bar is tevaugh campbell.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Staley seems to be okay redrafting from even a year ago, Rountree so far is a dud, I think he really wants his thumper RB to spell Ekeler. My prediction for our 3rd = RB.
                I think it's likely the good RB's will be picked in the 2nd. We'll go for DL or CB in the third.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Jaimes wasn’t high either. Just happy they’re not thinking, oh we covered that last year, when obviously it’s still a need.
                  This pick is not a vote of confidence in Jameis

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Charger starting DTs (Day/Johnson) will frustrate us with how little they pressure the qb.
                    One of them will always come out on passing downs.....need a 3rd pass rusher.

Need a 3rd pass rusher to take pressure off of Bosa/Mack anyhow, so that they don't wear out during games.

Is that Rumph? Tillery? Doesn't matter what position. You need two good ones who are fresh throughout games.
                    My guess is that Telesco/Staley will be hedging their bets and go in that direction early,
                    taking advantage of a deep group.

Can't wait too long.

A few dbs still available in free agency....the bar is tevaugh campbell.
                    We have Tillery. Not sure what you are expecting. There aren't any Aaron Donald in this draft.

AD is an exception, not a norm

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yep. And glad for it.

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Nothing wrong with depth.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Nothing wrong with depth.
                          THAT’S what I’m happy about, they saw that and drafted Zion.

Comment

Working...
                          X