• Show
Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

DB, EDGE, or RT @79. I’m not hopeful they go RT though after the Zion pick. They also were looking at a lot of late round OTs in the pre draft process. I think our starting RT is gonna be Norton/Pipkins or a FA signing like Reiff. The defense needs quality depth pretty much across the board so I think we start going that way with picks.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

If Lucas were to be there, He would be very hard to pass up.

I’m a big fan of DeAngelo Malone and would snag him up if he’s there. Having, Bosa, Mack, Rumph and Malone as your 4 edge rushers would be great depth.

I think there is plenty of depth at the DB and RB positions this year. Snag one of them in the 4th, 5th or 6th.

I am also a big fan of DT Eyioma Uwazurike. I don’t think he makes it to the 5th. Good interior pass rush depth.

Comment

• SK21209
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2020
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

I'm hoping for either Kingsley Engabare (DE) or Marcus Jones (CB) at 79.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

LOL...I think about every year TT has been here, a prospect I really liked, and thought would go in the second round, fell to our pick in the third...and then TT would pick somebody else!! I am sure it will happen again this year...someone like Lucas, or Travis Jones, or Kenneth Walker, or Roger Mcreary...the list goes on. There will be a very nice second rounder who slides due to need/fit issues with other teams...hopefully we will have the opportunity for a steal, and this time, pounce on it.
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

My double extra long shot, Cameron Thomas.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
              DB, EDGE, or RT @79. I’m not hopeful they go RT though after the Zion pick. They also were looking at a lot of late round OTs in the pre draft process. I think our starting RT is gonna be Norton/Pipkins or a FA signing like Reiff. The defense needs quality depth pretty much across the board so I think we start going that way with picks.
              I agree that CB and DL depth is probably more important but I also think a RB with Ekeler could be needed; a WR not the need but a fast WR to stretch the field, would be nice. And of course, RT always a need.

I think I am still with BPA though. If the right talent drops - just take the player and move on. Don't feel like you have to take a position when the list is not short. Take the best player - but please no more Mager or Pipkins

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                Round Two starts (allegedly) at 4pm, Pacific Time.

No telling what options the Bolts will have by the time they're on the clock in the 3rd round.

I mean... if we KNEW who'd be left on the board then, we could speculate intelligently. .

As it is? It's Wild Ass Guess Time my Bolt Brothers.

Because the right RB2 candidate could be sitting there. <or not!>

Or a perfect scheme-fit Front 7 Defender! <or not!>

Or... Well, you get the picture.

It's a plus for the Bols that there are a variety of legit directions they can go to address a team need, depending on who happens to be the best value.
                Soooo....true!.... lol

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  LOL...I think about every year TT has been here, a prospect I really liked, and thought would go in the second round, fell to our pick in the third...and then TT would pick somebody else!! I am sure it will happen again this year...someone like Lucas, or Travis Jones, or Kenneth Walker, or Roger Mcreary...the list goes on. There will be a very nice second rounder who slides due to need/fit issues with other teams...hopefully we will have the opportunity for a steal, and this time, pounce on it.
                  If Travis Jones falls that far then he would have to be in line for spinal surgery or something. No way I see that happening.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                    Please Tom.....do not trade up. Sit tight and wait for the 3rd round to fall to us. I am hoping QB's start to move in the second as every one that does pushes players down the board.
                    I can't imagine him trading into 2nd, but I could easily see him trading up a few spots or more in the third, giving up a 7th or so..... if there is a particular player he really likes

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I can't imagine him trading into 2nd, but I could easily see him trading up a few spots or more in the third, giving up a 7th or so..... if there is a particular player he really likes
                      Giving up a 7th, I can live with. Moving into the 2nd would cost draft capitol that I want for this year and next.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree that CB and DL depth is probably more important but I also think a RB with Ekeler could be needed; a WR not the need but a fast WR to stretch the field, would be nice. And of course, RT always a need.

I think I am still with BPA though. If the right talent drops - just take the player and move on. Don't feel like you have to take a position when the list is not short. Take the best player - but please no more Mager or Pipkins
                        I do think we need a RB out of this draft but for me the value at RB starts in round 5. I mean if Breece Hall or Kenneth Walker fall to 79 sure, but I do think there are some guys you can take day 3 that can give quality snaps as RB2. Honestly outside QB, K, P, or LS I don’t have a problem with them going any position in round 3. Like you said, BPA that’s not from a small school please!

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Edge please
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock