• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

And I guess the point is that in not going with anything close to consensus, Telesco has failed pretty miserably in the third round to the point where he should literally allow anyone else on this planet to make the third round choice as it is difficult to miss on so many third round picks. I am thinking a blindfolded monkey throwing darts at a draft board with consensus third round players on it would do better.
    should have let Snoop make the pick

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Anyways, I’m done bitching about this pick. Welcome JT Wokds and I hope you kill it

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

That's what I was thinking, Wood...in some packages, Woods might play outside corner...with 4.37 speed, he has the jets to do it...
        Staley plays with 3 safeties, 3 CB's, 1 LB and 4 DL/edge

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

He can play deep or press man against big/fast guys like that. He's also tough, physical and a willing tackler, if maybe launchwiffy pt 2. Versatility and physicality are both valued.

He may miss but he isn't going to get run roughshod like Kelce did to us in OT.
          eye think/suspect he's a gamer, but wondering if you've picked up on what/why it is that Staley thinks this is guy is so sharp/such a quick processor ?? any idea.... ??

he def closes quickly, but is that due more to diagnosis or his straight line speed ?? I do like that he is gonna make some plays.... there is no getting around that, and....

how many does he make that end up hurting the team.... ??
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Pec injury he reportedly told teams he refuses to get surgery on. The injury and the attitude concerning getting it taken care of definitely had an effect on his fall.
            isn't it better not to have surgery on that particular injury, @least considering a person's longterm health/viability ?? personally I wouldn't want surgery if it wasn't required, and.... don't think it is in this case, just more of a timetable issue perhaps ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

eye think/suspect he's a gamer, but wondering if you've picked up on what/why it is that Staley thinks this is guy is so sharp/such a quick processor ?? any idea.... ??

he def closes quickly, but is that due more to diagnosis or his straight line speed ?? I do like that he is gonna make some plays.... there is no getting around that, and....

how many does he make that end up hurting the team.... ??
              I watched the OU film. Definitely looked like a fasts processor vs pass and screens. It's hard to tell with a deep safety when the camera is just watching the QB stand in the pocket for 8 seconds, but any time they switched to all 22 or the ball came his way he was there. Slow diagnosing run, but that may be scheme too (told to favor pass/play action).

Baylor runs a very similar scheme to us. Well coached DBs.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

isn't it better not to have surgery on that particular injury, @least considering a person's longterm health/viability ?? personally I wouldn't want surgery if it wasn't required, and.... don't think it is in this case, just more of a timetable issue perhaps ??
                He seems to have a slight build to hold up at the NFL level without a bunch of studs in front of him keeping him totally clean. Looks like a DB but doesn't have DB speed. He'll get worn down IMO.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by LA_BOLT View Post
                  I wanted Dulcich with the third. Of course the Donks take him with the next pick.

Figures.
                  can Woods shut down/cover Dulcich.... ??

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

I just figured out the reaaon people are mad about the pick is that Dean was still there. I can be slow on the uptake for those things.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                      I just figured out the reaaon people are mad about the pick is that Dean was still there. I can be slow on the uptake for those things.
                      And...82 team picks passed on Dean before he was picked. It's dean's fault that he dropped so far. Plus we can use a really good db with no injury right now.

:Cheers1:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Concensus said take Tua over Herbert.

Concensus gets you Tua and heartburn.
                        Evaluate the players, not what other people are saying.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Cody got a lot of people talking about him as a 1st rounder in mock drafts, but was selected in the 2nd.
                          He was still a bust is the point.

Comment

Working...
                          X