Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

No....

What I said is they like a particular player and they think he wont be there by the next time they pick!

:hello:
    I think he would have been more likely than not, but who cares? If you can get Travis Jones, you do not pass up that chance to get a lesser player in Woods. These players are not close. Jones is a much better player.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I think he would have been more likely than not, but who cares? If you can get Travis Jones, you do not pass up that chance to get a lesser player in Woods. These players are not close. Jones is a much better player.
      Not if you need a db this year. I get what your saying but if staley can improve the secondary a lot by this pick this season who cares. Draft a dlinemen next year!

:2cents:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Generally, i liked your draft selections in the mock draftl

However, with Penning you would get a guy who will need a few years before being a solid or even first rate OT;
        with Jones, you would get a guy who will also need time to develop (like most DTs), and only currently replicates what Johnson/Day do.

I don't want Strong, better rbs available.

Chargers needed guys who can get up to speed sooner, being in win now mode.
        I disagree and think Penning and Jones would have contributed right away. I like Zion Johnson, but the defenders that played against him and Penning at the Senior Bowl thought Penning was better--better right now. The Saints liked Penning at #19 overall.

Jones is an in shape hard worker. He did very well at the Senior Bowl. He certainly is going to be a lot better than Ogbonnia, who was a terrible non-Araiza pick.

I like Strong's big play capability and so did the Patriots. That said, I think I understand why the team preferred Spiller, who represented good value.

I think the players I named help us in win now mode, but also have higher ceilings to help us continue winning.

Comment

Not if you need a db this year. I get what your saying but if staley can improve the secondary a lot by this pick this season who cares. Draft a dlinemen next year!

I think Woods is a legitimate NFL player, but I would pump the brakes on a 4th round rated player improving the secondary "a lot" and doing it this year.

And Jerry Tillery still sees the field as things are presently constituted, which is also awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

No one had OL as a draft need for them this year. Maybe perhaps next year if they have trouble w their cap but through 5 rnds they have signed no Ol.
            They had an IOL need as a replacement for Daryl Williams, but there has been talk about the Bills bringing Williams back.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Ontario , Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

That sums up their attitude toward the dline perfectly. Our run d was worst in the league. We replaced 2 players we lost in FA w 2 new players. you would have thought a DT would have been more of a priority .

BAL took Travis Jones ( a 2nd rnd graded player) a few picks before us. They always stock their D. We didn't address the DL until the 5th rnd Tale of 2 teams
              Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 04-30-2022, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

I think Woods is a legitimate NFL player, but I would pump the brakes on a 4th round rated player improving the secondary "a lot" and doing it this year.

And Jerry Tillery still sees the field as things are presently constituted, which is also awful.
                Regardless, I think our defense will be better than last season by at least 15 spots. We only have so many picks this year so not everything can be filled by the draft.

:coffee:

Comment

Regardless, I think our defense will be better than last season by at least 15 spots. We only have so many picks this year so not everything can be filled by the draft.

:coffee:
                  I agree 100% that we only have so many picks. That is why it is so important to get the best value with each pick.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

That sums up their attitude toward the dline perfectly. Our run d was worst in the league. We replaced 2 player we lost in FA w 2 new players. you would have thought a DT would have been more of a priority .

BAL took Travis Jones ( a 2st rnd graded player) a few picks before us. They always stock their D. We didn't address the DL until the 5th rnd Tale of 2 teams
                    Yeah but....I think we now have one of the smartest secondaries in the NFL after the woods pick with extreme hawkishness thrown into the mix.

:cheers:

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Ontario , Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Yeah but....I think we now have one of the smartest secondaries in the NFL after the woods pick with extreme hawkishness thrown into the mix.

:cheers:
                      I hope so. I agree w chaincrusher though. We don't seem to take adv of what the draft gives. They just go in and make their predetermined picks. Given Telesco's record is sub .500 it doesn't appear that successful either but will hope this year is different.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

We took Ogbonnia, a much lesser version of Travis Jones, so there goes that idea.
                        Ogbonnia is going to be depth in a rotation after spending big in FA on two DTs. They obviously wanted another starter at safety in Wood.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

White was a S in college - they have drafted 5 w out him. I don't care about since Staley was here. Mgmt has drafted a lot of safeties over the recent years. 5 of them. 2 in the last 2 years.
                          Safeties have become more valuable than LBs in the modern NFL. Just like RBs have given way to WRs.

Comment

Working...
                          X