2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAY OW 55
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Merril not afraid to rock the boat, ...love it. Did you see Steven A Smiths smirk like Merril was crazy? lol...thats priceless!
    Ive said it for years, QBs are always over drafted. I had Trey Lance a 3rd round talent in my top 100 posted here. Sims called Kellen? Mond the best QB in that class and i had him late 3rd rounder. He cant get on the field for Minny over Cousins.

Im hearing talk Lance may be traded by the Niners to keep Purdy as the starter. I had Jarmarcus Russell a 2nd rounder. Turns out he was a total bust because he was a lazy slob.
    you know you’re Quarterbacks and the Stephen A. Smith grin gives it away. Like this guy is an idiot. Who does he think he is??? Dumb meathead running back.

I miss having guys who rock the boat and just don’t want to go with the obvious shit people say. Like if you think a Quarterback is a bum say it.!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

personal suspicion is that none of the receivers are gonna Pro Bowl, and ditto for Washington.... do think Dalton Pro Bowls, and.... if he's off the board.... give me O'Cyrus, pls & thank you,
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Well, if they draft him I'll support him.
        Of course, I'll support anyone they draft. Even a little undersized shrimp I don't care for but I always hope for the best if they draft them.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

I’m just not sure you guys could handle anymore “better options” @ 21 so I’ll quit and let it, just…..be what it is.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Kalieja Kancey could be the pick also. Don’t be surprised Pitt Defensive tackle. Looks like another Aaron Donald.

small in stature but Thick. Very strong.

we talk about Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack. That’s a guy that you can plug in the middle. I like this guy.

very big dark horse. Nobody has spoken about him that’s a pick I can see.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
              Throw out another prospect who I like better than Kinkaid or Addison, in the shadow of Bijian Robinson perhaps and negative value associated with position (RB) is JAHMYR GIBBS

Clean prospect, no red flags, runs faster than even Hyatt (4.36) 5’ 9” 200 lbs thicker obviously but still 10 yard 1.52 sec. Plucks the ball receiver as good as Addison but more YAC (after contact) would not be opposed to him @ all #21. Also excellent return abilities. Be prepared.

Been stumping for him at 21, yessir.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                Kalieja Kancey could be the pick also. Don’t be surprised Pitt Defensive tackle. Looks like another Aaron Donald.

we talk about Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack. That’s a guy that you can plug in the middle. I like this guy.

A guy I'm starting to like is Gervont Dexter.
                He's the guy getting double teamed more often than not by a SEC Oline.

Here is from Dane Brugler's top 50 list:
                48. Gervon Dexter Sr., DT, Florida (6-6, 315)

Although his body of work doesn’t warrant a spot in the top 50, Gervon Dexter Sr. is an agile, coordinated athlete, and there is more talent in that body than we have seen up to this point. He is a traits-based projection. With improved discipline, he can be a game-wrecker when he properly uses his long levers.

He's in my 2nd round cluster if he makes it that far.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Given their predicament, if raw, i don't think Telesco or Spanos can wait a year or two for Washington to develop.

The push year started last year and they fell on their face. The Herbert cheap rookie contract window is rapidly shutting.
                  Nobody has to wait for Washington to kick ass and take names as a blocker. Imagine the edge the running game would get with Washington on the field!?!

He wouldn't be counted on to be a high-numbers catch guy, not with Keenan, Mike W., Ekeler, Palmer and Everett already in place.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Generally Kancey not mentioned here because he’s projected to be second DT off the board behind Jalen Carter.

There will be 2 or 3 tempting prospects, prospects other teams might covet as well so begin collecting your trade down cluster, by which Telesco could leverage another 2nd day pick and get the right fit/need plus value.

Bigger the move back, higher the compensation, but definitely could use 3 2nd’s to get a stud! Just ran a PFF sim, traded down w/Jets who took Darnell Wright (whom I’d select) but for trade purposes picked up both 2nds #43/#44 selecting Edge BJ Ojulari and TE Luke Musgrave. Chargers 2nd #54 went WR Jalen Hyatt.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

I would much rather have Kancey over any of the wide receivers and tight ends in this draft. Realistically speaking, he is the guy I want if Bijan Robinson isn't there.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

If LaDainian Tomlinson were in this draft out of TCU right now how high would he go?

I'm just curious about this because, while I don't think Bijan Robinson is as great as Tomlinson, I'm interested to hear from those who don't want to draft a running back in the first round. Does that mean you wouldn't draft the greatest running back in our history if he were coming out of college now?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

E. Campbell, E. Dickerson, L. Tomlinson ...
                          When you have the chance to grab one of them, you must do it.
                          B. Robinson will go before 10.

Comment

Working...
                          X