2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

would move them both up a round.... think Siaki is there for the takin' @54, and Benton for the same in the third.... good point tho, as plenty of people's have Keanu coming off the board round two,
    Yeah, I believe that's where they fall... Benton is probably a high 3rd pick. I have Siaki mid/late 2nd round.
    Have you watched Zacch Pickens...? He's projected 4th round. He's probably late 3rd round.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Throw out another prospect who I like better than Kinkaid or Addison, in the shadow of Bijian Robinson perhaps and negative value associated with position (RB) is JAHMYR GIBBS

Clean prospect, no red flags, runs faster than even Hyatt (4.36) 5’ 9” 200 lbs thicker obviously but still 10 yard 1.52 sec. Plucks the ball receiver as good as Addison but more YAC (after contact) would not be opposed to him @ all #21. Also excellent return abilities. Be prepared.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If Moore/Staley are concerned about Kincaid’s blocking ability being detrimental to his offense and Washington’s route running abilities, Mayer is the guy they’d want. Didn’t like they waited to the last pick to upgrade RB - their pick is a tough runner, would improve short yard situations, but not the total threat I’d like to see.

the JJ draft pick chart baffles me. I understand it, just no idea who he came up with those points.
        Yep...mostly agree Dmac...the first few rounds look about right to me, but the dropoff to nearly nothing the last two rounds is the one that is baffling to me...only ONE point for most of those 7th rounders? There's some nice value there sometimes...weird...

draft value chart 2023.jpg

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
          Two players, very popular here with Charger fans Dalton Kincaid and Jordan Addison.

Kincaid has some injury concerns (back) everyone here should know that, but he didn't compete or showcase his skill set @ either the Combine or Utah's Pro Day March, 23rd. That's a red flag, I cannot sign off on. Then a blocking liability, when we need everyone on this offensive roster to improve blocking and sound football skills, like tackling. He is 6'4" 246 lbs thats average at best, he's decently fast but slower than Musgrave (also recovering from injury) who is 6'6" and 253, no love for him? I'm out on Kincaid and think it would be waste of 21st pick.

Addison, 5' 11" 170 @ his Pro Day. At that weight surely he could run faster than a 4.49 (think he can but didn't put in work to train) then pulled out of Combine with back stiffness. USC Pro Day he was supposed to run it again, but said it wasn't safe because of weather. Red flags all around top that off with less than 1000 yards receiving 875 to be exact to go along with 8 TD's with a Heisman quality QB? Sorry but thats another NO.

Might as well just go and draft Hyatt if you really want a deep ball threat, he's a little bigger 6' 0" 180 ran 4.4 with 1.5 10 sec. split. Tape doesn't lie, no red flags/injuries, very productive 1267 yards 15 TD's. Pur burner, heart attack waiting to happen. Or take Mayer if you really want a great all around TE who can block, catch and help protect Justin.
          His injury concern was a small fracture in his back. He played with it in the Pac 12 championship game. I hate to keep repeating it but as ive mentioned it a couple times. After that game he had surgery and of course i dont know what they did or where it was located but he was able to playin agame with it. It is reported to be small....even mentioned as a tiny fracture but im no Dr.

Thats why he didnt run at the combine or pro day. I dont consider that a red flag as it is said he will be fine. Gronk also had a back issue coming out. I dont know exactly what it was but it was a concern at that time. That i do recall. Kincaids only concern for me is his blocking but he isnt awful. Just needs work. As a rookie hge may not be the ideal TE to start off with but with Everett and coaching, his blocking can improve.

Kincaid is very similar to Kyle Pitts who also wasnt known as a good blocker and was 245 lbs coming out coming out and some here want to trade for him when it was thought Atlanta might move him, which has since been squashed. Pitts ran a 4.44 so he is faster though we dont know Kincaids speed. But he isnt slow by looking at his tape.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Kincaid has some injury concerns (back) everyone here should know that, but he didn't compete or showcase his skill set @ either the Combine or Utah's Pro Day March, 23rd. That's a red flag, I cannot sign off on. Then a blocking liability, when we need everyone on this offensive roster to improve blocking and sound football skills, like tackling. He is 6'4" 246 lbs thats average at best, he's decently fast but slower than Musgrave (also recovering from injury) who is 6'6" and 253, no love for him? I'm out on Kincaid and think it would be waste of 21st pick.
            Good point on Kinkaid...don't want to draft habitually damaged goods...and nagging back injuries can keep coming back again, and again, and again...draft El Condor instead...

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

His injury concern was a small fracture in his back. He played with it in the Pac 12 championship game. I hate to keep repeating it but as ive mentioned it a couple times. After that game he had surgery and of course i dont know what they did or where it was located but he was able to playin agame with it. It is reported to be small....even mentioned as a tiny fracture but im no Dr.

Thats why he didnt run at the combine or pro day. I dont consider that a red flag as it is said he will be fine. Gronk also had a back issue coming out. I dont know exactly what it was but it was a concern at that time. That i do recall. Kincaids only concern for me is his blocking but he isnt awful. Just needs work. As a rookie hge may not be the ideal TE to start off with but with Everett and coaching, his blocking can improve.

Kincaid is very similar to Kyle Pitts who also wasnt known as a good blocker and was 245 lbs coming out coming out and some here want to trade for him when it was thought Atlanta might move him, which has since been squashed. Pitts ran a 4.44 so he is faster though we dont know Kincaids speed. But he isnt slow by looking at his tape.
              I heard in regard to Kincaid NO SURGERY was required after his back injury. If this is the case I wouldn't worry about it. Mike WIlliams on the other hand had a spine injury after a horrific college game, and this last season after a simple tackle, back injury!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good point on Kinkaid...don't want to draft habitually damaged goods...and nagging back injuries can keep coming back again, and again, and again...draft El Condor instead...
                That wasnt me you quoted. Im disagreeing with him on that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I heard in regard to Kincaid NO SURGERY was required after his back injury. If this is the case I wouldn't worry about it.
                  If true then even better but i havent heard that. I thought he had surgery but could of read wrong info. In anycase it wasnt like he had a back disc or a digerative disc.
                  Hec Herbert had a broken Femur in High School?.... and it healed and nobody questions it. Bones heal.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

If true then even better but i havent heard that. I thought he had surgery but could of read wrong info. In anycase it wasnt like he had a back disc or a digerative disc.
                    Hec Herbert had a broken Femur in High School?.... and it healed and nobody questions it. Bones heal.
                    Here's some info:

Kincaid’s recovery has been overseen by noted orthopedist Robert Watkins, who determined surgery was not necessary. Kincaid is expecting to be fully cleared in the coming weeks. He will meet with teams this week in Indy but will not do any on-field work.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Here's some info:

Kincaid’s recovery has been overseen by noted orthopedist Robert Watkins, who determined surgery was not necessary. Kincaid is expecting to be fully cleared in the coming weeks. He will meet with teams this week in Indy but will not do any on-field work.
                      Great news. I wasnt worried about it before, now even less concerned.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Next guy, nobody wants another 1st rd OL, is Darnell Wright, Tennessee. Thick, physical (6’5” 335 lb) day one starter @ RT, not banking on a fully healthy Trey Pipkins, better served as insurance and swing. Believe Telesco corrected Staley, moved Zion to LG (agreed) and Salyer to RG (agreed). Have Wright graded higher than Zion last year but by hitting on Salyer, adding two starting quality OG’s (w/tackle versatility) that’s a pretty successful draft alone. Wright is very analytical and film study savvy who would fit perfectly in the OL clubhouse giving Chargers a top tier OL for Justin Herbert when he’s on that multi-year multi-million dollar contract. Protect your franchise, learn from past couple seasons you have excellent opportunity to close that window.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

for the Kincaid can't block crowd.... would volunteer that he's a better blocker in space than Darnell.

and how you just throw out evals by guys like Jeremiah and Simms, who pretty much just drool over the guys tape.... don't get it.... dude would be a vintage Charger.

and agree the three are fairly evenly matched, and.... thought we wanted an offensive weapon and pass catcher ?? !!

not only do I think DK is the better player, just really like his intangibles, and most of all think he is by far the most Herbert compatible get in this draft.
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X