2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RockyMtnBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Sounds like a “versatile” OL than can provide depth at a few spots on the line. Hope he’s as good as Salyer for a later pick.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
      BB liked Antonia Mafi better than Jordan McFadden! We'll see. We do plan on making him a OG right?
      Yeah. Maybe fill in at OT in an emergency like Sayler did last year.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

NFL Net describing “all pro level feet”. Is he a C conversion maybe? I don’t like my C to tall, easier to bowl them over
        Don't like conversion projects...would have preferred Wypler, a real C from a big time program, Ohio St....oh well, in TT we trust...I guess...

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I've no idea about this guy. The NFL Network said he was a OT.
          That’s what he was in college. He’ll move inside because of his measurements.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Thats my take....

Next focus....RB
            Or a backup safety

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

I'm good with Jordan McFadden again a pick for depth on the Oline... If we would have drafted him last season he probably would have played in the Jags playoff game. So if you look at it that way. Okay. However we need a FS and look who was drafted right after McFadden, Scott and Johnson.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

OL versatility that we need for depth. Oh and as for Davis.....remember we were down to playing Michael Bandy last year.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

McFadden info:

Scouting Report: Strengths
                  • Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
                  • Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
                  • McFadden will have a chance to develop as a right tackle or possibly inside at guard, where McFadden could be an interesting prospect for a zone-blocking team. If nothing else, that versatility is enough to make him at least a quality reserve.
                  • Understands angles and plays with good leverage. McFadden has long arms and heavy hands, using them effectively in pass protection, and he has a strong enough initial punch to get an edge on quick sets.
                  • Outstanding on reach blocks, showing good initial quickness and flexibility to seal the backside. He’s a heady player who is quick to recognize and react to twists and stunts up front, and he shows a good sense of timing on combo blocks
                  Scouting Report: Weaknesses
                  • Tends to slip off blocks when going against bigger linemen, and McFadden too often finishes plays on the ground.
                  • Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
                  • While he’s solid as an athlete, he’s more comfortable moving forward as a run blocker than setting in pass protection, as he too often relies solely on his initial punch to stand up pass rushers instead of moving his feet.
                  • As a pass protector, he gets caught reaching and lunging when matched up against quickness.
                  https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...den-OT-Clemson
                  ​

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes but he isn't replacing Keenan or MW as stated in the post I replied to.
                    That was never the intention of the pick. They needed a KR, and they picked the guy who they felt was the best available. I think they also like his potential on carrying the ball on end arounds and WR screens.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

So far solid picks on defense. BUT I love loading up around Herbert our franchise. Very satisfied with the draft thus far.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Might be 6’2 1/4” but has 34” arms. Position versatility again. Played a lot of OT but he’ll be backup G. Best blocker in ACC last year. We needed it. Now here’s to
                        hoping Kuntz lasts until the Chargers 6th round pick.
                        it's either TE or DT...unless they decide to double dip on o-line with a tackle, Duncan and a few other guys still available guys like Kirkland
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Duke seems to like him:

Comment

Working...
                          X