2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Yeah, he's definitely not an ILB.
    He'll be expected to run down plays all over the field.
    Hopefully he shows good instincts in camp so we don't have to watch Murray another 17 games.
    Up side is a more athletic, better tackling Donnie Edwards,
    Down side if he doesn't learn to play the position: Lost in space

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

That was the Pipkins whisperer. Send Jordan to school!!!
      Jordan might already be one of his pupils, that could be why the chargers drafted him to begin with...again, the drafting Slater created a pipeline of inside information for the chargers and look what it did for pipkins too...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Im liking the draft so far...but not loving it...nothing screams marrying the run and pass like a RB...and we passed on some good ones...we are a knee injury away from having one of the worst RB rooms in the league...hell, if I were Ekelor, I would frigging hold out...he has all the leverage, lol...
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          This is shaping to the most epic Chargers draft in recent history IMO.
          since staley arrived, the draft has had a sharp planned targeted focus that it lacked under TT and Johnny, staley should be our GM not our HC
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Im liking the draft so far...but not loving it...nothing screams marrying the run and pass like a RB...and we passed on some good ones...we are a knee injury away from having one of the worst RB rooms in the league...hell, if I were Ekelor, I would frigging hold out...he has all the leverage, lol...
            By going this way it for sure puts it all on Justin Herbert's shoulders which Staley is famous for! Imagine giving him a work horse RB and not asking Herbert to do so much. If we had Jim Harbaugh here the first thing he would probably do is draft or sign a stud RB. Imagine that, it makes too much sense.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              I think I like our RBs a bit more than you do, I'm excited to actually see spiller get his shot and Kelley was so improved last year and now with an additional year he's going to be even better...rountree is expendable IMO and they might find another gem in UDRFA...

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                This is shaping to the most epic Chargers draft in recent history IMO.
                Isn’t it a bit early to say that?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

So maybe we shop RB's once camp opens. Lots of bodies change places then.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

By going this way it for sure puts it all on Justin Herbert's shoulders which Staley is famous for! Imagine giving him a work horse RB and not asking Herbert to do so much. If we had Jim Harbaugh here the first thing he would do is draft or sign a stud RB.
                    I'm not a gambler but the chargers will be drafting a RB in rounds 2 or 3 next year, I guarantee it...there are still some decent vets out there that will play for minimum and can help tide us over until 2024 if something unforeseen happens with ekeler...

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I'm not a gambler but the chargers will be drafting a RB in rounds 2 or 3 next year, I guarantee it...there are still some decent vets out there that will play for minimum and can help tide us over until 2024 if something unforeseen happens with ekeler...
                      You could be right. I really believe TT and Staley believe they have the perfect RB's now on the roster to run Moore's system. We shall see. Is Joe Mixon going to be released. Never mind dude is having legal problems.?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

I think I like our RBs a bit more than you do, I'm excited to actually see spiller get his shot and Kelley was so improved last year and now with an additional year he's going to be even better...rountree is expendable IMO and they might find another gem in UDRFA...
                        If Ekeler goes down, they are in trouble.

There are rbs you can pick up that might be very good 3rd down options.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

I agree and you'll also see TE.

Comment

Working...
                          X