2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
    I got one right

They took Duggan!

3 TCU plays

So Howie Roseman gets a bunch of guys from the Georgia
    Telesco gets three guys from TCU

Georgia beat TCU 62-7
    Sort of sums up the difference between Telesco and Howie

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

What does Albert Einstein say the definition of insanity is? I think this may apply with TT's drafting...
      Lol, I disagree we got a generational talent at QB. I don’t care if he “wins” the draft every year but when you draft a Herbert you get some leeway. I would rather have a bad off-season and do well than win the off-season and draft and lose in the first round of the playoffs.

I form one think we had shit luck last year and I’m happy to run it back with some more depth and weapons.

You can disagree but I’m bullish on this season hopefully I’m right and you’re wrong, amirite?

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

There are some very solid players available as UDFA.

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

I wasn't able to follow it today, but I saw we picked. Can we get a poll to see everyone's thoughts? I know several that think this was the worst draft in the history of modern football, but I'm not on that side.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
            If I could change anything, I would have taken TE Zack Kuntz in the 6th and DE/DT Moro Ojomo in the 7th. But I’m not mad at the draft. These guys all seem to have high upside. I think QJ, Tuli, Henley, Davis and Matlock play significant snaps this year. And if that’s the case and they play well for Rooks, then that’s a successful draft. Then getting your future backup QB in the 7th. Now they don’t have to worry about that next year.

Now I pray they do not keep 3 QBs in the roster this year. Roster management was straight SHIT last year.
            Duggan is a camp arm, goes to PS, unless he can beat out Stick. Speaking of roster management, why do the Bolts even CARRY Horvath? If yer not gonna use him, at least put him on PS...or cut him...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Carrot top.
              Wait...is Max Duggan a carrot top ?

I think I see a pattern.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Duggan is a camp arm, goes to PS, unless he can beat out Stick. Speaking of roster management, why do the Bolts even CARRY Horvath? If yer not gonna use him, at least put him on PS...or cut him...
                Horvath scored two TDs last season.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

You know what ?
                  Add it up.
                  This definitely qualifies as goofy drafting.
                  Cannot sprinkle powdered sugar on it.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Sort of sums up the difference between Telesco and Howie
                    TCU and ND get all they can out of their players but had no business in title games 2 of the last ten years

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Duggan, I don't get it. Reading about Davis says Duggan doesn't have the arm for downfield throws. A QB that can't throw?

The rest of the draft was about need and we did a pretty good job, but Duggan?????

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                        I wasn't able to follow it today, but I saw we picked. Can we get a poll to see everyone's thoughts? I know several that think this was the worst draft in the history of modern football, but I'm not on that side.
                        I think it was a solid draft...would have liked to have seen a RB and TE, but the Bolts DID address their major weaknesses.

1. Johnston was a steal and will help us stretch the field to open up ground game and short pass game. He's also insurance for when we let Slayer and Mike Will go.

2. Tuli--great pick--addresses weaknesses on D-line.

3. Henley--experienced, fast LB who should be able to beat out K9, who has been a disappointment. Solid tackler.

4. Davis--we got our returner, and 3rd string wideout. Big PON

5. McFadden -- A bit short at 6-2, but addresses depth need at G or maybe C...Jaimes may be a goner...

6. Matlock--Addresses need at DT...could be a nice rotational player

7. Duggan--a bit of a head-scratcher for me, but apparently the Bolts aren't all that high on Stick at backup and are looking to upgrade...

Overall grade: A-

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
                          Duggan, I don't get it. Reading about Davis says Duggan doesn't have the arm for downfield throws. A QB that can't throw?

The rest of the draft was about need and we did a pretty good job, but Duggan?????
                          If we can draft a defensive player that can't make a tackle then we surely can draft a QB that can't throw. duh

Comment

Working...
                          X