2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Michigan/TCU game playing like a Big 12 game.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

that’s exactly what I’m seeing. Obviously I’m in the minority here.
      look at his results - he's still catching more passes than anyone else on the team. Maybe they could trade him for a first which they use for his replacement? That would solve some salary cap problems.

Just my opinion but I hope they can keep him.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Incredible game. I’d love that guy Quentin Johnson on TCU

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Fun game to watch. I sure didn't expect such a high scoring game.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

From reading posts here, I guess were having a firesale after the season, full rebuild mode and everything has to go, cut or trade michael davis, kenaan allen, mike williams, joey bosa, gerald everett…basically anyone making more than 4-5 mil bucks per year has to go…

:what:

I know it’s been a while since we’ve had a nice collection of talent so folks aren’t used to it, but sheesh, let’s be realistic, there will be some tweaks but most all the guys being discussed here will be back on the roster in 2023…enjoy it, it’s okay to have nice things
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• C’monchargers
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

yeah, you're not alone w/some Zay Flowers love, and.... dude has been creeping into the first round convo.... are you a buyer for him there ??

and nice idea, re: Johnny Wilson.... 6'7" 235lbs
              Beyond his size, the way he operates is that of a TE, a wallet type TE. His biggest knock is his come back route, which TE doesn’t really run. he doesn’t run the entirety of wr tree route but he runs everything a TE would. Plus I would be surprise if you tell me a guy that is 6’7” is a stud in come back route. And his speed, He is a legit 4.4 guy and has 1% tile high point and catch very well in jump ball situation. He is a phenomenal athlete.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Beyond his size, the way he operates is that of a TE, a wallet type TE. His biggest knock is his come back route, which TE doesn’t really run. he doesn’t run the entirety of wr tree route but he runs everything a TE would. Plus I would be surprise if you tell me a guy that is 6’7” is a stud in come back route. And his speed, He is a legit 4.4 guy and has 1% tile high point and catch very well in jump ball situation. He is a phenomenal athlete.
                what is a wallet type TE ?? and guess he's made it as high as a late second round selection.... maybe another fifth round Telesco value pick ??
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

well, for myself, 'tis all after the fact, as I thought the same re: signing MW in the first place, and not to mention his cap hit in two years is $27m (ouch), albeit w/a $7m dead cap figure.

if Telesco is still our GM, guessing MW is given any and all benefit of the doubt when it comes to an extension, if not then don't see a new GM resigning him given his intermittent/inefficient production and injury concerns.... (dude is not a WR1).

far as Keenan goes, he's gonna cost us less than MW in 2024, which is borderline absurd in my book, and.... don't think there's much if any chance MW gets traded, again 'specially if it's still team Tommy John @the helm.

and re: another wideout added to the mix.... did want one last year, and ahead of any lineman, and.... Wilson, Olave 'n Williams all went 10, 11, 12 in the draft ahead of us last year. otherwise eye trust in the football gods, and if there's not someone to my liking in the draft or FA, am not gonna draft by position nor fish someone outta FA for need.... just not good football biz by my take.

patience.... our next great Chargers receiver will show when 'tis time.... no legendary Chargers wideout is served before his time.... (all in good time).
                  the passing attack problems can't be all on Lombo. I think all of the above needs to be looked at carefully after this season. i figured that the passing game was going to be electric this year and it isn't. there is a lot of money tied up with KA and MW and something is not working. all i know is: we need to leverage our advantage of having a top 5 QB.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

TCU did it. Upset - can it happen again? Ohio St. over Georgia?
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

the passing attack problems can't be all on Lombo. I think all of the above needs to be looked at carefully after this season. i figured that the passing game was going to be electric this year and it isn't. there is a lot of money tied up with KA and MW and something is not working. all i know is: we need to leverage our advantage of having a top 5 QB.
                      Pretty wild that Josh Palmer is leading the Chargers in receiving yards until last week. Not many folks saw that coming (Slayer's hammy + Mike Will's ankle made it possible). I think the franchise is going to be well served in the valuable snaps that both Josh Palmer and Jamaree Salyer got at the WR1 + LT1 positions. I feel like the Chargers could solidify the RT position this season if Pipkens could stay healthy and on the field.

When the running game opens up, everything else on offense opens up. I think the run game gets better as the line gets healthier.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        TCU did it. Upset - can it happen again? Ohio St. over Georgia?
                        As a neutral, just glad it became a good game. I have to wonder if Harbaugh is getting tired of this bowl racket.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Sonny Dykes and Max Duggan are on a mission.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X