2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Slayer keeps putting up huge stats and proving me 100% wrong, but my lying eyes tell me he’s on the back side of the hill and headed down. Dub still has 3 or more elite years left, I don’t think Slayer does, if hard numbers force it I’d say he’s the one to move on from. Palmer will play the role of a poor man’s Allen. It would be a net drop in the group if thats all there is, but add an elite speed/slot receiver and all of a sudden the 3-some looks great
    Physically, he doesn't seem the same from 4 years ago.
    He isn't faking cbs out of their jock straps anymore.'

No sudden, explosive redirections.

Maybe its his hammy.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The next category in the offseason is probably cuts, already talked about extending the home grown guys…the following seem like obvious cut candidates for me…

#1 matt fieler, not much to say here other than I was one of the people that defended him last year and now I can’t do it anymore…is there anyone here that honestly believes he has earned his 8.5mil (?) salary? If you judge by performance over pay he has to be one of the worst investments on the team this year…I just can’t imagine any reason to not plug salyer in his place, it would save a load of money and create 6.5 mil in cap space with a small 2 mil dead cap hit, I think this one is kind of a no-brainer barring any weird surprises, like if they finally slide him to his natural RT spot if they are not able to resign pipkins or some crazy shit like that…

#2 to me this one becomes more and more obvious the longer dicker continues to impress, cutting hopkins post june 1st saves the chargers about 40% of the money they need to sign their draft class…in a year when the budget is going to be tight, this amount of money is significant, his cut would only generate 600k in dead cap…AND the savings alone would pay for dicker until he becomes an UFA in 2025 offseason!

after those two cuts it gets kind of murky for me, michael davis had at one point looked like he was headed for this list and now I don’t see any way they can justify cutting him, if anything they might extend him to reduce his cap hit next year from almost 11mil to around 4-5mil depending on how they structure that deal…so davis will help reduce the cap next year by about 6-7mil but probably not the way some folks on these forums had anticipated…

lastly on this subject, I’m curious to see what happens with jc jackson’s legal problems and how this could become a huge cap cut for the team if they installed protections in the deal in case he got in trouble legally…I believe that’s why his market wasn’t as big as you would anticipate from a guy that had done what he had in the previous 4 years…so this offseason we’ll probably find out if the chargers protected themselves from this possibility and who knows what that could mean for the cap? I think this ties in with michael davis’ emergence, I think vato is clearly the guy going forward…the spanii don’t tolerate players with legal issues and it’s one of the few things I agree with those fuckers on, something is going to happen…
      Feiler just doesn't seem to be able to bend.
      He's always rigidly upright, and DTs are always getting under his shoulder pads and pushing him back.

I wonder if he has back problems or sore knees.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

So between cutting fieler, cutting hopkins, and extending vato, the chargers can create around 13-15mil in cap space, add the 11mil in dead money coming off books and the 3 million that’s going to roll into next year and they are going to have some cap space…and that's before they convert some of joey’s salary to clear a huge chunk of about 18-19 million in cap space…assuming they extend herbert this offseason they’ll still have plenty to sign resign pipkins and sign their draft picks…guys like tranqull, van noy, callahan, and fox might be gone tho
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Physically, he doesn't seem the same from 4 years ago.
          He isn't faking cbs out of their jock straps anymore.'

No sudden, explosive redirections.

Maybe its his hammy.
          that’s exactly what I’m seeing. Obviously I’m in the minority here.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

I can see the chargers grabbing another WR in rounds 1-3 but I can’t see them moving on from KA his coming offseason, herbert loves the guy, he’s herbert’s favorite target, especially on 3rd down…I’ll be surprised if keenan isn’t back for the 2023 season…
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Alabama safety Branch was a beast today...having doubts he will make it to our pick...one of my favorite players...
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

How about Zay Flowers? He can be a problem at slot.

Also, Johnny Wilson. Imo he will be a good WR but he can be a top 5 TE when all set and done. That as if he is willing to play that and put on weight without losing his traits.
                yeah, you're not alone w/some Zay Flowers love, and.... dude has been creeping into the first round convo.... are you a buyer for him there ??

and nice idea, re: Johnny Wilson.... 6'7" 235lbs
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                  In looking at WR's, I started looking for guys that also return punts (ala DeAndre Carter).

I found this guy... Nikko Remigio, Fresno State. He looks like a fairly productive receiver also.
                  Electric playmaker and all-Mountain West receiver2022 Stats: 74 Rec, 852 Yds, 6 TD, 2 Punt Return TD

wow, great story (priority UDFA ?).... nice'm Nutty,

https://collegian.csufresno.edu/2022/11/nikko-remigio-a-versatile-prodigy/
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Thats certainly debatable, but it ignores that the cap savings potential for Slayer is large, the cap hit for Mdub would be negative unless someone confirmed that a trade would move all remaining prorated cap burden to the new team? I don’t know but that would change a lot of equations in the roster if correct.

your decision is fine, but we’ll have another year of TPB bitching that they don’t go deep enough.
                    well, for myself, 'tis all after the fact, as I thought the same re: signing MW in the first place, and not to mention his cap hit in two years is $27m (ouch), albeit w/a $7m dead cap figure.

if Telesco is still our GM, guessing MW is given any and all benefit of the doubt when it comes to an extension, if not then don't see a new GM resigning him given his intermittent/inefficient production and injury concerns.... (dude is not a WR1).

far as Keenan goes, he's gonna cost us less than MW in 2024, which is borderline absurd in my book, and.... don't think there's much if any chance MW gets traded, again 'specially if it's still team Tommy John @the helm.

and re: another wideout added to the mix.... did want one last year, and ahead of any lineman, and.... Wilson, Olave 'n Williams all went 10, 11, 12 in the draft ahead of us last year. otherwise eye trust in the football gods, and if there's not someone to my liking in the draft or FA, am not gonna draft by position nor fish someone outta FA for need.... just not good football biz by my take.

patience.... our next great Chargers receiver will show when 'tis time.... no legendary Chargers wideout is served before his time.... (all in good time).

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

wow, great story (priority UDFA ?).... nice'm Nutty,

https://collegian.csufresno.edu/2022/11/nikko-remigio-a-versatile-prodigy/
                      Thanks for the article. Sounds like a well-rounded young man.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                        round need is C (Linsley goes down its over)

any good prospects?
                        Would have to move Zion or Salyer over. Why I want a center late round and T/G versatility in the 3rd.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          Alabama safety Branch was a beast today...having doubts he will make it to our pick...one of my favorite players...
                          Have Branch first to us in my mock.
                          Was phenomenal today. With a good combine might go top 20?

Comment

Working...
                          X