• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

To be honest I leaned heavily on "experts" stating Quentin's traits aline perfectly with what the Bolts need in another WR.I got Quentin,Bijan,and any of the top CBs (Joey Porter) or top Edge guys as my 1st rounders.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      The pick is in...with the 21st pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Chargers select...

Quentin Johnston WR TCU

This is the WR in the '23 draft with the highest upside.

There is elite, Stefan Diggs level, stop/start. Combined with this are long strides. The result is an ability to produce explosive plays from yards after catch and by getting deep.

By 2024 Johnston will refine his raw game and transition from WR#4 to WR#2, as the contracts come into play.
      I've said elsewhere that the only way the Bolts select a wideout at #21 is if they think he's the next Justin Jefferson.

Maybe the Bolts feel that way about QJ. If they take him over Joey Porter, Jr. or Dalton Kincaid, we'll have our answer.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I doubt Johnston is there at 21 but maybe.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          I doubt Johnston is there at 21 but maybe.
          We can say that about *many* players. I doubt Bijan is there. I doubt Kincaid is there. I doubt Joey Porter, Jr. is there. I doubt Miles Murphy is there. And yet...

Honestly... there are 30 players who *could* be off the board by #21, although only 20 of them *will* be.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Chargers Draft Party 2023 on April 27 in Century City

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

We can say that about *many* players. I doubt Bijan is there. I doubt Kincaid is there. I doubt Joey Porter, Jr. is there. I doubt Miles Murphy is there. And yet...

Honestly... there are 30 players who *could* be off the board by #21, although only 20 of them *will* be.
              Lol, true enough. Feels like this draft is Mr Toad’s Wild Ride.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

https://www.chargers.com/news/chargers-mock-draft-tracker-4-0

Todd McShay, ESPN – WR Jordan Addison, USC

Last updated: March 7, 2023

"Addison has great instincts and burst in the open field, and he can win 50-50 balls downfield. And as we saw with his 4.49-second 40-yard dash, he can create separation on vertical shots, which is [Justin] Herbert's bread and butter. Across three seasons at two different schools -- he transferred from Pitt in 2022 -- Addison piled up 3,134 yards and 29 TD catches."

Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN – WR Jordan Addison, USC

Last updated: February 28, 2023

" Addison had 100 catches for 1,592 yards and 17 scores at Pitt in 2021, winning the Biletnikoff Award as the nation's best receiver. After transferring to USC last year, he was hampered by an unspecified injury, limiting him to 59 catches for 875 yards and eight scores. When healthy, though, he is a quarterback's dream. He can play in the slot or out wide, and he's a smooth route runner."

Chad Reuter, NFL.com – WR Jordan Addison, USC

Last updated: April 7, 2023

"Addison provides the versatility to line up anywhere on the field to spell veterans Keenan Allen, Josh Palmer and Mike Williams. He can also return kicks and punts as a rookie."

Yup, I agree with Todd McShay and Mel Kiper. Ick. Anyway, I think Addison can have a CeeDee Lamb type impact to the Chargers offense, as well as return kicks and punts. Then, TE and RB choices are going to provide us all clues with where Coach Moore's offense is going.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Why? Not a good draft for WR until 3rd round. Then maybe one there otherwise Edge or DB first two rounds.
                  Where do you get that it isn't a good draft for WR? https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-dr...-group-weakest

The draft is DEEPEST at CB and Edge. Meaning we can pick a solid talent in the mid round's. So that is "why"

My perfect start to this years draft would be to have Bijan fall to 21, then trade up to get Hyatt. Then back fill the D. Edge, CB, LB, S.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Where do you get that it isn't a good draft for WR? https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-dr...-group-weakest

The draft is DEEPEST at CB and Edge. Meaning we can pick a solid talent in the mid round's. So that is "why"

My perfect start to this years draft would be to have Bijan fall to 21, then trade up to get Hyatt. Then back fill the D. Edge, CB, LB, S.
                    Sounds like a good strategy. I just want our first, and maybe our second picks to be immediate impact players, either weapons for Herbie or quality rotation guys (DB, IDL, EDGE) on D.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Only 19 taken before pick #21. Miami selection #20 forfeited.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Just pulling up a new PFF Draft Board, look see who’s still available-
                        • Joey Porter Jr.
                        • Bryan Breese
                        • Nolan Smith
                        • Myles Murphy

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                          I think Addison can have a CeeDee Lamb type impact to the Chargers offense, as well as return kicks and punts. Then, TE and RB choices are going to provide us all clues with where Coach Moore's offense is going.
                          I about spat my coffee! This is the highest praise I've heard of Addison, by a LOT!

If Addison *IS* the guy at #21? He'd BETTER have that kind of impact!

Comment

Working...
                          X