• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

LMAO...he is competing with Dell and Downs for that job. Lot of small guys in this draft. At least Flowers bulked up to gain 10 lbs of muscle.

Just say no to Jockeys.
    Twenty years ago these type of receivers would be considered gadget receivers taken in the 4th or 5th rounds.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I can't speak for anyone who has the misguided notion that Bosa sucks, but the depth behind Bosa and Mack is mighty slim and another stud rusher would make our D infinitely better, keep Bosa and Mack fresher, and provide insurance against injury.
      Are you suggesting maybe Nolan Smith if he is on the board at 21???

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

If you have an opportunity to get an elite pass-rusher I think you take him over anyone other than an elite quarterback. An elite pass-rusher's ability to make the opposing quarterback's life miserable is invaluable. I want as many dominant pass-rushers on my team as possible. If we had a top-three pick right now I would be all about Will Anderson, and I would be listening to those who would push for Tyree Wilson. I wouldn't want to hear about any offensive player in that situation.

How many of these dominant edge pass-rushers last to the 21st pick in the draft? Not many, which many on this forum don't seem to understand. With the likely reality that Bijan won't be there at #21, I have not thought of any pass-rusher to take in this spot--because I don't think there is one.
        So at 21, what elite pass rusher will be there? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Are you suggesting maybe Nolan Smith if he is on the board at 21???
          Nolan Smith had 12.5 sacks in 38 games at Georgia. He had three sacks in eight games before missing the rest of last season with an injury.

Besides the hope that he'll develop into a good pass-rusher in the NFL, are there other reasons to select him 21st overall?

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Gotta catch the football before you can do any damage with it. I like Johnston’s highlights, it’s the lowlights that worry me, at least as our first round pick. Will he be the Tillery of WRs, and us hoping he changes his spots?
            LOL! Will Mayer or Kincaid be the next Tillery of tight ends? Will Bryce Young or CJ Stroud be the next Tillery of quarterbacks?

Does Johnston have a reputation for committing needless personal fouls in college like Tillery?
            Do scouts wonder openly about his commitment to football?

Who is going to be the next chaincrusher of posters is what I prefer to know?

Stay tuned!
            Last edited by powderblueboy; 04-18-2023, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Nolan Smith had 12.5 sacks in 38 games at Georgia. He had three sacks in eight games before missing the rest of last season with an injury.

Besides the hope that he'll develop into a good pass-rusher in the NFL, are there other reasons to select him 21st overall?
              He's was a strong run defender at Georgia,
              but I don't know how that would translate to the Charger's schemes.

He will be drafted for traits: insane burst and evidently insane bend.
              Georgia wanted him to not race around OTs off the edge, but to keep the qb in the pocket.
              so we didn't get a chance to see what he can do best.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Just thinking about Nwosu,

I don't think Nolan smith would be a good fit on Staley's defense.

Myles Murphy would be a good fit.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                  Just thinking about Nwosu,

I don't think Nolan smith would be a good fit on Staley's defense.

Myles Murphy would be a good fit.
                  I agree and he is likely to be available when we pick, or maybe still available if we trade back later in the first round.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

IMHO Murphy is a bit of repetition with Bosa and Mack--big EDGE.

If Tito and/or AJ come back soon, plus we draft a DT, doesn't that push Fox towards work on the EDGE ?

I really like the element Nolan's Smith's juice brings for us, even with the apparent misfit.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      IMHO Murphy is a bit of repetition with Bosa and Mack--big EDGE.

If Tito and/or AJ come back soon, plus we draft a DT, doesn't that push Fox towards work on the EDGE ?

I really like the element Nolan's Smith's juice brings for us, even with the apparent misfit.
                      It would give us the option of using Fox on the edge more and that is good for depth, but he isn't your ideal edge rusher, especially if he has to start.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It would give us the option of using Fox on the edge more and that is good for depth, but he isn't your ideal edge rusher, especially if he has to start.
                        Agreed. But Staley does like a variety of looks. Nothing wrong with window shopping.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

LOL! Will Mayer or Kincaid be the next Tillery of tight ends? Will Bryce Young or CJ Stroud be the next Tillery of quarterbacks?

Does Johnston have a reputation for committing needless personal fouls in college like Tillery?
                          Do scouts wonder openly about his commitment to football?

Who is going to be the next chaincrusher of posters is what I prefer to know?

Stay tuned!
                          Stop on a dime.
                          Ankles are broken.
                          Limp on over to the sidelines,
                          Mr. DB.

Comment

Working...
                          X