• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    and know some of you are gonna be funny w/this, and... big red flag in my book, and one of the reasons I was wary re: Bosa, and the reports of his "mysterious" behaviour in college.

and not sure if it's the same company, but protein bars (and powders) are notorious for being made up of isolates, not to mention an excess of protein causes inflammation.

even worse, is that creatine and other supplements/isolates create rapid muscle build up and inordinate strength, and then.... they facilitate rapid breakdown as well (see Joey Bosa over last coupla few seasons).

most doctors get less than three hours of nutrition education over the span of their entire degree/credential, and w/big Pharma @the helm of their education, you can be sure that there is little emphasis on preventative wellness/health care.

Bowers is talented, and.... just something about him that makes me wary ??

https://firstroundmock.com/2023/11/brock-bowers-brilliant-new-nil-deal-with-met-rx/
    Idk,......when a company pays you money, you certainly aren't going to bad mouth it. You are going to talk good about it. Maybe he likes them, may he don't.
    I never eat those things because I just don't think they taste good and don't like the texture but if a company wants to pay me a few million to say good things, ....it great stuff in my book......til my contract expires.

You think Kelce gives a crap of people getting two shots at once? Hell no, he probably didn't get any but they paid him I reported 20 mil to do that commercial. I'm all for them too for that kind of money.

Just saying I'm not sure it's anything to worry about. Anyone can get a high ankle sprain. I know you eat right as does Velo who questioned Justin Herbert eating so much red meat and fast food....which we really don't know HOW often he does it.
    But I don't think it's related to hitting you hand on helmets and breaking fingers.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-03-2024, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

one thing this organization needs to do, and as I was a fan of TT in many aspects, there is still this accommodation for being good @some things, but being "very avg" in others.... don't think that flies so well ?? !!

Graham Barton has intangibles that are boosting him up draft boards, and he can run block, but his pass blocking, and again like Beebe and Fautanu, can be categorized as perhaps closer to (very) avg than not.... not good/desirable.

dude is off my board, as are prolly Fautanu and Beebe.... we can do better (we don't need anymore Dan Feeneys/Forrest Lamps).

https://firstroundmock.com/2023/10/d...first-rounder/
      We don't know what our blocking scheme will be. We do not have a final answer from Linsley.

Barton compares to Lamp alone, pre injury, and projecting at IOL in 2024, not OLT in 2022.

I would seriously consider drafting him at #37, due to position flexibility and smarts.
      Last edited by wu-dai clan; 01-04-2024, 04:38 AM.
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
        If Harbaugh is hired to coach the Chargers, are there any guys on that Michigan team that you guys would like to see the chargers draft in 2024? Corum or maybe Jenkins on defense...
        Corum is an outstanding back. The “criticism” of him is that he runs behind the Michigan O Line. But watch his vision, jump cuts, power. He will be a good one.
        There are a lot of good players in that secondary and they have good DTs.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Corum is an outstanding back. The “criticism” of him is that he runs behind the Michigan O Line. But watch his vision, jump cuts, power. He will be a good one.
          There are a lot of good players in that secondary and they have good DTs.

TG
          sounds like some lower round guys could be had there with the inside info that Jim will have, coming out and having coached one of the better teams and coached against a bunch of the better teams Harbaugh's intel on these guys will be much higher than your typical NFL coach has of players coming out on any given year...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Imagine having both ILB's make the Pro Bowl? The Ravens are so good in the draft and in the open market. I really hope our GM either comes from an organization like that or comes directly from the Ravens. They traded for Roquan from the Bears and then drafted Patrick Queen 5 spots AFTER we traded up for Kenneth Murray. Now it might just be superior coaching but they had to get the talent right first. OH well......what if........

AND I saw an interesting factoid on Belichick that said something to the effect that he has not re-signed a round 1 - 3 draft pick to a second contract in 5 or 6 years. That is mind blowing and really makes me hope the Chargers don't step in that mess and make him HC/GM. Either he is a poor evaluator of talent or the environment makes folks want to leave (or both). Either way it's easy to see why their roster is the way it is.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                If Harbaugh is hired to coach the Chargers, are there any guys on that Michigan team that you guys would like to see the chargers draft in 2024? Corum or maybe Jenkins on defense...
                My defensive favorites from Big Blue:

LB Junior Colson
                DL Kris Jenkins
                S Rod Moore

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                  Imagine having both ILB's make the Pro Bowl? The Ravens are so good in the draft and in the open market. I really hope our GM either comes from an organization like that or comes directly from the Ravens. They traded for Roquan from the Bears and then drafted Patrick Queen 5 spots AFTER we traded up for Kenneth Murray. Now it might just be superior coaching but they had to get the talent right first. OH well......what if........

AND I saw an interesting factoid on Belichick that said something to the effect that he has not re-signed a round 1 - 3 draft pick to a second contract in 5 or 6 years. That is mind blowing and really makes me hope the Chargers don't step in that mess and make him HC/GM. Either he is a poor evaluator of talent or the environment makes folks want to leave (or both). Either way it's easy to see why their roster is the way it is.
                  I know Dodds has the connection with Harbaugh from the Raiders days but that was 20 years ago. The guy to get is Horitz from the Ravens - 100%. They have a clue how to build a team and I think Harbaugh and Horitz would be awesome

As for Michigan players - wonder how Zac Zinter is healing at OG -- he hurt his leg against theeeeee Ohio State - but I think he was going to be a Day 2 pick

Love the idea of Corum in R4, maybe R3

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

You get Jim Harbaugh first and foremost and he sets the culture day 1 and it's just a matter of bringing in players that he feels like fits with what he's building and he will cut players that don't have what it takes. TJ Tampa seems like a nice CB that could be drafted a bit later after round 1 & 2! 6'2 4.4 speed!

You're the 3rd member @TPB to tout Tampa... so I took some time to watch a whole game of his (vs Oklahoma). It's only 1 game... small sample, so...

What I noticed about TJ Tampa is he plays off the LOS a lot. I don't know if it is scheme... or situation... or lack of speed. But I'd look into that and his combine 40 should tell us whether it is about lack of speed. I didn't see anything about his technique that wowed me. In fact, I saw he got his footwork wrong a couple times and got turned in the wrong direction. I don't think he'd be much of an upgrade vs Ja'Sir or Leonard. He's raw (a basketball player turned football player)... so maybe there is development potential in him. I'm just looking for something better that TJ Tampa for this #30 pass defense. Sorry, but pass... pun intended.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

dynamic three down difference maker.... no way do I pass on this guy if he is there top o' the second.... thank god he takes some plays off/cruzes sometimes.... not many legit NTs make it into the second round.

https://firstroundmock.com/2023/12/t...man-avalanche/
                      No way T'Vondre is a 3-down DL. I question his conditioning. He disappeared vs Washington in the 2nd half. He's a run stopper only in the NFL. We have a decent run stopper in Tito. Kris Jenkins (in the 3rd) would be much better value.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Still pretending we are going to play some defense in the 2024 NFL ?

Our best hope is ball control and clock management at the end of the Half and 4th Quarter.

This will be an historic OT draft.
                        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          Keep an eye on this underrated TE: Cade Stover, Ohio State. He is projected 4-5th round but is a really good blocker and receiving TE. Also a fiery player. Reminds me of Freirmuth on Steelers.

TG
                          Yeah, if you want a TE that can catch and run block... Stover is a good choice. So is Ben Sinnott. You can probably get them in the 4th round. If you could get either one by early 5th... you've got a deal.

If you're looking for a TE that is more receiver... then Jaheim Bell. Late 3rd or early 4th...?
                          Brevynn Spann-Ford is this year's big bodied TE (6-7, 275). Unlike last year's darling (Darnel Washington) he can actual run and catch... 5th/6th round value.

With KA (probable extention), Joshua Palmer, and QJ (you have to develop him sometime)... I'm just not desperate to draft a TE (certainly not 1st round). We have waaaay bigger needs.

Comment

Working...
                          X