Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    Summary of Senior Bowl measurements

January 29, 2024
    ......while Darius Robinson, another tweener type, was 6-5, 286 with 34.7-inch arms and huge 10.5 inch hands. Meanwhile, Western Michigan’s Marshawn Kneeland (6-3, 270, with 34-inch arms) likely did nothing to slow his rise in the ER rankings as he measured in at 6-3, 270 with 34-inch arms.

Among other players of note, WR Johnny Wilson looked more like a TE at 6-6, 237 with 35-inch arms, while S James Williams looked more like a LB at 6-4,5, 230 with 33-inch arms. [*][/LIST]
    Darius Robinson and Marshawn Kneeland have caught my attention. 3rd round prospects IMO.
    I've wondered if Johnny Wilson might convert to TE. At 237, he's nearing TE size anyways.
    James Williams also makes a lot of my mocks, too. Big hitter to use as a S/LB tweener.

Thanks Fleet!

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

IMO, the 3rd round is filled with defensive players. A lot of LB's and DT's I like... some sleeper EDGE players, too.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

If we keep one of either Mack or Bosa, Kneeland is very much on my Radar...if both are gone, my Bowers dream may be as well...but I think we keep Mack at least.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Johnny Wilson has an elite ability to drop passes.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

I really like Benson...the kid breaks tackles, wears down defenders...Estime and Allen also in that vein...gotta see us pick up one of those guys...

Exception...if 5'7" Corum actually does weigh in over 210, I would feel a lot better about him...thats density...thats a hard to spot cannonball coming thru...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Love watching Jackson Powers-Johnson tape...always looking for somebody to maul...rising up boards, though...Van Pran a close second...if we want to nail the OC pick in this draft, it will prob be in the second round...not blown away by the other true center prospects...

Zak Zinter very good interior olineman...and by all accounts, smart player and a leader...wonder if Jim can see him snapping the ball? Scratch and dent special that might be available 3/4th round...
              Last edited by Lone Bolt; 01-30-2024, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Send PM

If you want a tackle, forget Alt and Fashanu...trade back, get some capitol, and nab the best RIGHT tackle in the draft, Fuaga...guy is a beast at RT...very Harb-like player.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  If you want a tackle, forget Alt and Fashanu...trade back, get some capitol, and nab the best RIGHT tackle in the draft, Fuaga...guy is a beast at RT...very Harb-like player.
                  I agree that is the sensible move. 5th pick is rich for a RT, trade down for Fuaga. He will bring some nastiness to the run game. I think his stock is going to rise through the draft process and some teams will end up liking him more than Fashanu.

Comment

• BigBad
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                    Summary of Senior Bowl measurements

It also had to be a little bit of a disappointing day for UCLA DE Laiatu Latu, arguably the top-rated prospect overall in Mobile who very much looked the part measuring in at just under 6-5 and 260, but lacked the long arms NFL teams covet in potential elite edge rushers with just 32.5-inch arms.
                    Tuli is 6'3 with 32.25 arm length....sometimes guys can just play

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Javia View Post
                      "At every position… [Tom Telesco] is putting a massive, and that is the word that they used, a massive value on speed. That is a big deal to him."

Tom Telesco prioritizing speed on the Raiders is a slap in the face to Chargers fans

Did anyone else see this in Bolt Beat? After building one of the slowest, if not THE slowest, roster in the NFL...NOW speed is massively important to him? The Chargers receivers and running backs are so slow that other teams can practically put both safeties on the line. Who is going to outrun them? Allen? Johnston? Palmer? Parham? Kelly? Spiller? Ekeler is gone and is slow now anyways. Derius Davis is a backup who is only useful on trick plays.

Teams are able to compress the field against the Chargers. This is why I really wanted Nabers. Having a quality starting WR with true game breaking speed would really, really help Herbert out. Now that Harbaugh is coach, that almost certainly isn't happening. I do love Bowers, and he is definitely a Harbaugh guy and will help the run game, but he isn't a deep threat. Hopefully Harbaugh can at least find a fast receiver in the later rounds. I hope so, because the chargers need more speed at almost every position.

At least Harbaugh should be able to find us some quality mean, late round guards or centers. The Chargers need them.
                      Sound like Dad and you get hired.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Fleet 1 I am torn on Latu.
                        It would to be on a trade down anyway.
                        Injury history and arm length have me thinking do not draft.
                        However, it must be said that he has a broad repetroire of pass rush moves.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

I didn't think of Leaf but now that you bring him to mind, I think you're right.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X