• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

IDL early is a priority. AJ is a UFA and will be 30, SJD will be 29 with one year left not guaranteed, $7.5M poss cap savings if he doesnt ball out this year and prove he should be kept thru his contract.

Edge definitely in play. And Staley loves him some DBs. Strongly doubt WR early - they just drafted 2. They will keep one of KA/MW plus have Palmer, Q, and DD still. Thats a Quattro before looking at their PS, UDFA crop or other options.

CO converts 4th n 2, inside TCU 35 …
    Yes, IDL is definitely on the list.
    If Mack is waived (due to cap) then we are in jeopardy of being thin @EDGE depth.
    If KA is waived (again due to cap) then MW, QJ, Palmer, and DD looks fairly good.
    But with Herbert being the key, I'd add another WR in order to be deep there @WR.
    Gerald Everett will be gone next year, too.

With Austin Johnson gone, Tito fills that role. SJD, Fox, Tito, Matlock seems fairly deep. Maybe a bigger IDL (4th round?) to give Tito a back-up?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yes, IDL is definitely on the list.
      If Mack is waived (due to cap) then we are in jeopardy of being thin @EDGE depth.
      If KA is waived (again due to cap) then MW, QJ, Palmer, and DD looks fairly good.
      But with Herbert being the key, I'd add another WR in order to be deep there @WR.
      Gerald Everett will be gone next year, too.

With Austin Johnson gone, Tito fills that role. SJD, Fox, Tito, Matlock seems fairly deep. Maybe a bigger IDL (4th round?) to give Tito a back-up?
      there is not telling what the new GM and HC are going to want to do, there will be massive changes on defense...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• colorado
        Fan since '62
        • Jun 2023
        • Desert Rat
        • Nothing but time on my hands
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        My guess is the Chargers draft Miami safety Kamren Kinchens with the 31st or 32nd pick in the draft.

btw, as an aside, Drake Maye reminds me so much of Herbert. Local kid, quiet and unassuming, gigantic arm, can run, processes the game well at a young age.
        Maye is going to be a better qb than Caleb Williams in the pros. That's my prediction.
        Last edited by colorado; 09-02-2023, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Coach Prime will win his first game at Colorado over TCU.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            Coach Prime will win his first game at Colorado over TCU.
            Super impressive especially when u consider the state of that program pre Deion. His son threw for over 500 yards. Heisman candidate?

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

there is not telling what the new GM and HC are going to want to do, there will be massive changes on defense...
              I just don't see them firing guys that brought us a 13-4 record and a Lombardi trophy.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I just don't see them firing guys that brought us a 13-4 record and a Lombardi trophy.
                I like the enthusiasm and the confidence, where you guys are getting this after the embarrassing shit we witnessed in Jacksonville is beyond me, my "charger charge" is running low at the moment, we'll see if these mother huggers can get the old bolt meter charged up again, talk is cheap as hell...
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I like the enthusiasm and the confidence, where you guys are getting this after the embarrassing shit we witnessed in Jacksonville is beyond me, my "charger charge" is running low at the moment, we'll see if these mother huggers can get the old bolt meter charged up again, talk is cheap as hell...
                  I get that you are embarrassed after the Jacksonville game. For what it's worth, I thought you had a pretty good game.
                  But that was last year. It has no bearing on this year. The two biggest problems (injuries and horrid offensive play calling) are behind us now. Have you not noticed the improved running game...? And I'm not just talking about stats in the pre-season. I'm talking about a completely different run blocking scheme.

Indeed... talk is cheap as hell.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Somebody had a bad offseason. The past is best forgotten, the future looks bright.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Hmmm. I’m not sure that graphic is the one they wanted.

IMG_0109.jpg
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Hmmm. I’m not sure that graphic is the one they wanted.

IMG_0109.jpg
                        Seems about right... eyes closed. Too bad his mouth is always open. But the caption (right shoulder) is spot on.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X