• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SAY OW 55
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2023
    • Send PM

Blake Coroyym would be our pick in the second round. I’d bet we drafted him in the 1st round.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
      We should be unloading players to gather draft picks for the new GM and coach.
      true, but we passed on trading deadline.... so we have to wait till off season.....

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        We should be unloading players to gather draft picks for the new GM and coach.
        Just like the Padres should have done at the deadline. I was praying they would trade Snell and Hader because they showed nothing during the first half of the season to give me any hope, just like the Chargers. Now players will just walk or get cut.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Would you trade draft picks to move up to draft Marvin Harrison Jr? Why not? Imagine Herbert having a WR of Harrison's talent. Wow.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            Would you trade draft picks to move up to draft Marvin Harrison Jr? Why not? Imagine Herbert having a WR of Harrison's talent. Wow.
            Too many holes to fill...we need a solid CB, C, RB, AND hopefully we find a talented wideout in the mid or late rounds...look how well the Rams did with Puka...

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Too many holes to fill...we need a solid CB, C, RB, AND hopefully we find a talented wideout in the mid or late rounds...look how well the Rams did with Puka...
              That's pretty rare don't you think? To find a WR of that caliber in the 5th round? Not something you can count on. Harrison is as sure of a sure thing there ever was. The 49ers spent three 1st picks to move up for a QB who is now gone. And they are still the best or 2nd best team in their conference. Gotta be bold to succeed in this league.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

That's pretty rare don't you think? To find a WR of that caliber in the 5th round? Not something you can count on. Harrison is as sure of a sure thing there ever was. The 49ers spent three 1st picks to move up for a QB who is now gone. And they are still the best or 2nd best team in their conference. Gotta be bold to succeed in this league.
                And be downright lucky that Mr. Irrelevant tuns out to be a gunslinger.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Brugler today mocks Duke's OT Garrett Barton to DAL at #26, projecting him to G/C.

Should LAC draft him in round one ?

Linsley is done, most say.

Barton is a fav of Fleet 1.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Brugler today mocks Duke's OT Garrett Barton to DAL at #26, projecting him to G/C.

Sure, if we trade down and don't sign a OC. We picking top 12. We may beat NE but BB has our number.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I'm a bit leery of OT to C conversion projects...I'd rather draft a pure center, ideally in round 2-3. One of these guys:

image.png​
                      Center s prospect rankings for the 2024 NFL Draft. Breakdowns of the best Center prospects and averages of other scouting reports.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Because you could probably get Keon Coleman or Rome Odunze. I think those guys will be just as good. Especially Coleman!

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Don’t forget IDL and Edge. I’m on the Newton wagon right now as the 1st pick. I think you can find a solid CB in the 2nd. Van Pran would be my first choice for C, but he won’t make it to the 3rd. Hopefully they can sign a vet C so they can take C off their board for another year or 2. Then in they can go Edge, TE, RB, WR in the next rounds, with some more depth at Oline and DBs.

Comment

Working...
                          X