• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

I still think we have the option of drafting an OG in the 2nd/3rd and moving Zion to C.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Mock of the day. Players do fall, and this one changed the entire course of the draft.

IMG_0136.jpg
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Brugler today mocks Duke's OT Garrett Barton to DAL at #26, projecting him to G/C.

Should LAC draft him in round one ?

Linsley is done, most say.

Barton is a fav of Fleet 1.
        A G/C is not worth the #6 pick in the draft value-wise. There will be a great C on the board at 38.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

It's gettin' wild in here.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Remember when we had a 99% chance of beating Jacksonville. The unthinkable does happen.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Dane Brugler’s Mock Draft 1

The college football regular season is complete and the draft order is starting to take shape, making it a perfect time to unveil my first mock draft of the 2024 NFL Draft process.

Understandably, most readers will be interested in which quarterbacks made the mock and which teams they’re connected to. But the real storyline of this first mock draft is in the trenches, as nine offensive tackles made the cut. All 32 teams could use more help at that position — some more than others — and this will be a great draft to address it early.

ADVERTISEMENT

Plenty will change between now and April, but this is still an interesting exercise at this point in the draft calendar. The picks don’t reflect my personal rankings or what I would do, but rather this projection strictly goes by what I think teams would do if the draft was tomorrow.

This mock reflects the updated draft order and does not include any trades. (I also included the first picks on Day 2 for teams that currently don’t have a first-round selection.)

1. Chicago Bears (from CAR): Caleb Williams, QB, USC

Justin Fields will be under a microscope the final month of the season as the Bears consider their quarterback options. One question that will help them make a decision: Is the front office prepared to give Fields an extension with $100-plus million in guarantees? Because that is eventually what it will take. If the answer is no, then Chicago is better off turning the page and reinvesting in the position with a promising rookie on a significantly cheaper deal.

Regardless, Fields playing well down the stretch would be nothing but a positive for the Bears. If they do opt to move on, a strong finish from Fields would strengthen the trade compensation offered by Atlanta, Minnesota or whichever team looks to kick the tires on the talented quarterback.

The next step in this “choose your own adventure” epic: Which quarterback should be the pick at No. 1? It is much too early in the process to answer with any conviction (the Bears don’t know, so we sure as heck don’t know). I’ve heard from some Bears fans uninterested in drafting Drake Maye, “another North Carolina quarterback” (Chicago took Mitchell Trubisky out of North Carolina in 2017), and from others who don’t want Caleb Williams because he is “an indecisive passer like Fields.”

Both reasons are understandably jaded based on the Bears’ last two first-round quarterbacks, but Williams and Maye are much more than those arguments suggest. Despite Maye being higher in my personal rankings, I still believe Williams is the favorite to be the top pick.
              go-deeper
              GO DEEPER

Morales: Caleb Williams' USC career may be done, and road ahead for Trojans looks daunting

2. Arizona Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State

Another embattled quarterback under an organizational microscope: Kyler Murray, as he returns from last season’s injury. Neither Arizona general manager Monti Ossenfort nor head coach Jonathan Gannon drafted Murray or signed him to his lucrative extension, which creates plenty of unknowns for this franchise. But we do know that a trade of Murray is unlikely — who’d trade for that contract? — and cutting him would be easier to stomach a year from now.

In this scenario, I have them keeping Murray (and his hefty contract) for at least one more season.

Last year, the Cardinals drafted an Ohio State offensive tackle in the top 10, and they go back to Columbus for one of the best wide receiver prospects of the last few decades. This pick would come on the 20-year anniversary of Arizona selecting Larry Fitzgerald at No. 3 in 2004, which is interesting because Harrison reminds me of a leaner version of Fitzgerald.

3. New England Patriots: Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina

With their quarterback situation in shambles, the Patriots have a bottom-five offense.

In his 24 years as head coach in New England, Bill Belichick has never drafted in the top five, but this season is certainly trending in that direction. That’s the bad news. The good news? This is a great draft for a quarterback-needy team to own an early pick. Maye is a young player and not without his faults, but he has promising talent and more big-time throws on his tape than any other passer in this class.
              go-deeper
              GO DEEPER

Patriots may be the NFL's worst team and Bill Belichick is out of answers

4. Chicago Bears: Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame

When you draft in the top five, the goal is to find an organizational cornerstone that also addresses a pressing need. This class offers a pair of outstanding offensive tackles who are not only blue-chip prospects but would also give Chicago a much-needed upgrade at a key position.

A standout pass protector and run blocker, Alt has a massive body with coordinated feet and rare recovery skills, which will have him ready to start as a 21-year-old rookie.

5. Washington Commanders: Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State

When ranking the Commanders’ greatest needs, offensive tackle isn’t at the very top. But the position hasn’t been a strength, and it would be tough to see the organization passing on a cornerstone left tackle — something it hasn’t had since Trent Williams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Though he needs to continue developing as a run blocker, Fashanu, who played his high school ball 10 miles from FedEx Field, is outstanding in pass protection with his body movements, angle awareness and ability to sit down versus power.

6. New York Giants: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

Over the past month, I think Nabers separated himself for several teams as WR2 in this draft. The only FBS pass catcher with 1,500-plus receiving yards in 2023, he also leads the country with 34 receptions of 20-plus yards. The only other college receiver with that many explosive catches over the last five years? Another LSU receiver, Ja’Marr Chase, who had 34 in 2019.

The Giants obviously still have high hopes for Jalin Hyatt and Wan’Dale Robinson, but adding Nabers gives the offense a legitimate No. 1 threat.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU

Offensively and defensively, the Buccaneers are a middle-of-the-road team, and they’ll have several interesting roster decisions to make this offseason. For one, Tampa Bay will be in the mix to select this draft’s QB3, and Daniels could be it. He has a dynamic skill set to create explosive plays with his arm and legs.

At the beginning of the season, I wouldn’t have guessed that Daniels would appear in the top 10 of my first mock draft. But in studying his tape and seeing his continual improvements, you start to run out of reasons why he doesn’t belong. I think several teams slotted in the top 10 will think the same way.

8. New York Jets: Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia

Assuming the Jets are all in with Aaron Rodgers for the 2024 season, the team’s first-round pick likely will be an offensive player who can contribute from Day 1. Whether you line him up at tight end, wide receiver or a hybrid position, Bowers can be a difference-maker and quickly emerge as one of the Jets’ go-to weapons.
              go-deeper
              GO DEEPER

Schultz: Georgia's SEC dominance under Kirby Smart seems like a fantasy

9. Los Angeles Chargers: JC Latham, OT, Alabama

The Chargers feel broken with impending changes on the horizon. Regardless, the organization needs to do more to protect Justin Herbert, and Trey Pipkins III hasn’t been good enough at right tackle. Latham is one of the strongest players in college football and also shows the movements to hold up in space.

ADVERTISEMENT

10. Tennessee Titans: Dallas Turner, Edge, Alabama

With Will Levis likely penciled in as the Titans’ 2024 starting quarterback, the front office can focus this offseason on building up the offensive line, adding more weapons and strengthening the defense.

There are greater needs on the roster, but the pass rush has been wildly inconsistent this season (when the Titans aren’t playing the Panthers). Turner is a freak-show talent — both against the run and while rushing the passer — and continues to get better.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

11. Las Vegas Raiders: Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson

Even before the Raiders cut Marcus Peters, the cornerback position was a significant area of need.

Although he needs to continue getting stronger, Wiggins has an outstanding combination of speed and length with the sudden feet to stay attached to receivers. The Raiders also will be an obvious candidate to trade up for one of the quarterbacks in this class.

12. New Orleans Saints: Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State

The Saints love to draft flashy new toys, and Coleman comes batteries included and fully assembled. At 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds, he is a large target, but there is nothing lumbering about the way he moves. He is at his best winning at the catch point and can create explosive plays — New Orleans currently ranks 24th in the NFL in plays of 20-plus yards.

13. Green Bay Packers: Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama

The Packers’ cornerback situation has been in flux, making it a position the organization might look to upgrade this offseason. Green Bay prioritizes athletic traits and competitiveness, which is why Arnold is the pick here, despite some undisciplined tendencies. Arnold will be ranked higher on some draft boards than his Alabama teammate Kool-Aid McKinstry.

ADVERTISEMENT

14. Los Angeles Rams: Laiatu Latu, Edge, UCLA

Latu doesn’t have ideal length, and I don’t expect him to test off the charts, but some rushers just know how to get after the quarterback — Latu ranks No. 1 in college football with 64 pressures. A pass-rush duo of Latu and Byron Young would be a great foundation for the Rams’ defense.

15. Cincinnati Bengals: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

Bengals fans will be understandably dejected if Tee Higgins departs this offseason, but drafting Odunze as a replacement might be the best-case scenario among the realistic options. At 6-3, 217 with 4.4 speed, the Washington pass catcher can create his own spacing mid-route and is also one of the best contested-catch receivers in college football.

16. Buffalo Bills: Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

The Bills’ starting offensive tackles, Dion Dawkins and Spencer Brown, are only under contract for one more season, so the front office might look to draft and develop at the position before it becomes an immediate need.

Mims is still very raw, but he has the traits to grow into one of the best players from this draft class.
                go-deeper
                GO DEEPER

Graham: Bills get candid on officiating, angry after overtime loss to Eagles

17. Arizona Cardinals (from HOU): Jared Verse, Edge, Florida State

The Cardinals’ pass rush has been better than expected this season, but the team leader in pressures is linebacker Dennis Gardeck and there is room on the depth chart for upgrades.

With his get-off, play strength and character, Verse is an ideal fit for what Gannon is trying to build in Arizona.

18. Denver Broncos: Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama

Three years ago, Patrick Surtain II fell into the Broncos’ laps and since has grown to be one of the top corners in the league. McKinstry took over Surtain’s starting role in Tuscaloosa, and three years later, a talented Alabama corner might once again fall to Denver in the first round.

ADVERTISEMENT

19. Atlanta Falcons: Chop Robinson, Edge, Penn State

A player with a wide projection range, Robinson’s body of work says third round, but his ceiling and flashes point to Round 1. The Falcons’ pass rush has ranked near the bottom of the league for far too long, and Robinson’s explosiveness off the edge is a potential answer to that problem.

20. Minnesota Vikings: Jer’Zhan Newton, DT, Illinois

With his lack of size, Newton isn’t a consensus first-round pick — some teams believe he is more of a second-rounder. But given his disruptive nature while playing a high number of snaps, he offers a ton of value, especially in a lackluster defensive tackle class.
                go-deeper
                GO DEEPER

Which college football stars are entering the NFL Draft early? Tracking the announcements

21. Indianapolis Colts: Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma

General manager Chris Ballard loves trench players with big-time traits and Guyton fits the bill. At 6-6, 320, he moves like a tight end but has the aggressive mentality of an offensive lineman. Investing in protection for Anthony Richardson would be a smart move, and Guyton has the talent to compete for starting right tackle snaps as a rookie.

22. Seattle Seahawks: J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan

McCarthy is a polarizing prospect. He has all the tools, and NFL coaches will love the intangibles, but evaluators want to see him put the offense on his back and take over games. It’s not that he can’t, it’s that he hasn’t really needed to given Michigan’s play style and schedule.

General manager John Schneider and head coach Pete Carroll see Seattle as a win-now team, but at some point, they will invest in a young quarterback to develop.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers: Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU

The way things are going with Diontae Johnson, his time in Pittsburgh might be limited. The Steelers have as good a track record drafting receivers outside the first round as anyone, but it would be tough to pass on Thomas, who has outstanding size (6-4, 205), speed and tracking skills.

24. Houston Texans (from CLE): Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa

The Texans have a few building blocks in the secondary, but they struggle to get off the field on third downs and are vulnerable in the back end (Houston ranks bottom five in net yards allowed per pass attempt). Head coach DeMeco Ryans is going to love DeJean’s athleticism, tackling skills and defensive versatility.

ADVERTISEMENT

25. Miami Dolphins: Troy Fautanu, OT/G, Washington

Miami has a few question marks on its offensive line, especially with Terron Armsteadmissing more games in 2023 than he has played. A college left tackle, Fautanu has the play style and aesthetics of a guard but the feet and arm length that can keep him at tackle. Regardless, his positional flexibility provides immediate depth for the Dolphins.

26. Dallas Cowboys: Graham Barton, G/C, Duke

A college left tackle, Barton is going to move inside in the NFL and projects well at either guard or center. The Cowboys might need help at both spots with Tyler Biadasz a pending free agent and the future uncertain for Tyron Smith. This pick assumes Tyler Smith would replace Tyron Smith at left tackle, thus creating a need at left guard.
                go-deeper
                GO DEEPER

The undeniable truths about the 8-3 Dallas Cowboys

27. Detroit Lions: JT Tuimoloau, Edge, Ohio State

The Lions rank near the bottom of the NFL in pressure rate and sacks, and they must continue to build on the defensive line. Tuimoloau isn’t going to win the corner with pure speed, but he has heavy hands and diversifies his attack with leverage and timing to affect the backfield.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars: Emeka Egbuka, WR, Ohio State

Similar in ways to his former Ohio State teammate Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Egbuka is quarterback-friendly with his ability to find space in coverage. Dropping him into the mix as a “Z” receiver alongside Calvin Ridley and Christian Kirk would provide a boost to Trevor Lawrence and create problems for defenses.

29. Kansas City Chiefs: Patrick Paul, OT, Houston

Donovan Smith is barely a short-term option at left tackle for the Chiefs, and he’s definitely not a long-term solution. Paul isn’t yet a polished player, but he has the length and competitive athleticism to overwhelm defenders once he makes contact.

30. San Francisco 49ers: Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State

With his firm hands and finishing mentality, Fuaga is the best run-blocking lineman I have studied this draft cycle, especially with his ability in zone. His feet get tied up when he gets too upright in pass protection (see: his 2023 Washington tape), but he can keep speed wide of the pocket and help answer the 49ers’ struggles at right tackle.

ADVERTISEMENT

31. Baltimore Ravens: Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo

Mitchell, who currently ranks No. 2 in the FBS with 17 passes defended, offers size (6-1, 200), speed (4.39 40-yard dash) and a composed play style downfield. He has been targeted 59 times this season and is allowing only 42.4 percent completions with zero penalties.

32. Philadelphia Eagles: Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU

Educated guess: Eagles offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland is going to be lovestruck once he gets eyes on Suamataia’s tape. Yes, the BYU left tackle is young and will need time, but Philadelphia drafts with long-term plans in mind. Suamataia has the talent to provide depth as a rookie and the upside to be an impact starter down the road.

Round 2

Carolina Panthers: Jordan Morgan, OT/G, Arizona

With a roster in bad shape and no first-round selection, the Panthers will have added pressure not to strike out with this pick. Carolina needs help all over the field but especially on the offensive line, and Morgan would give them a versatile option. He can be a plug-and-play guard while also providing insurance at left tackle — something Carolina might need if Ikem Ekwonu continues to struggle.

Cleveland Browns: Tyleik Williams, DT, Ohio State

With Shelby Harris, Maurice Hurst and Jordan Elliott set to be free agents this offseason, the Browns might be looking at defensive tackle with their first pick in April. Williams has been a disruptive force for the Buckeyes in 2023 — equally effective stuffing the run and putting pressure on the pocket.​

Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

First time using this one this year. Idk, could of done better. Hard to resist trade offers.amd Bowers was gone
                  Could of went RB sooner as well. Lost focus lol.

Screenshot_20231129-200134.png

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Dane Brugler’s Mock Draft 1

The college football regular season is complete and the draft order is starting to take shape, making it a perfect time to unveil my first mock draft of the 2024 NFL Draft process.

Understandably, most readers will be interested in which quarterbacks made the mock and which teams they’re connected to. But the real storyline of this first mock draft is in the trenches, as nine offensive tackles made the cut. All 32 teams could use more help at that position — some more than others — and this will be a great draft to address it early.

ADVERTISEMENT

Plenty will change between now and April, but this is still an interesting exercise at this point in the draft calendar. The picks don’t reflect my personal rankings or what I would do, but rather this projection strictly goes by what I think teams would do if the draft was tomorrow.

This mock reflects the updated draft order and does not include any trades. (I also included the first picks on Day 2 for teams that currently don’t have a first-round selection.)

1. Chicago Bears (from CAR): Caleb Williams, QB, USC

Justin Fields will be under a microscope the final month of the season as the Bears consider their quarterback options. One question that will help them make a decision: Is the front office prepared to give Fields an extension with $100-plus million in guarantees? Because that is eventually what it will take. If the answer is no, then Chicago is better off turning the page and reinvesting in the position with a promising rookie on a significantly cheaper deal.

Regardless, Fields playing well down the stretch would be nothing but a positive for the Bears. If they do opt to move on, a strong finish from Fields would strengthen the trade compensation offered by Atlanta, Minnesota or whichever team looks to kick the tires on the talented quarterback.

The next step in this “choose your own adventure” epic: Which quarterback should be the pick at No. 1? It is much too early in the process to answer with any conviction (the Bears don’t know, so we sure as heck don’t know). I’ve heard from some Bears fans uninterested in drafting Drake Maye, “another North Carolina quarterback” (Chicago took Mitchell Trubisky out of North Carolina in 2017), and from others who don’t want Caleb Williams because he is “an indecisive passer like Fields.”

Both reasons are understandably jaded based on the Bears’ last two first-round quarterbacks, but Williams and Maye are much more than those arguments suggest. Despite Maye being higher in my personal rankings, I still believe Williams is the favorite to be the top pick.
                    go-deeper
                    GO DEEPER

Morales: Caleb Williams' USC career may be done, and road ahead for Trojans looks daunting

2. Arizona Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State

Another embattled quarterback under an organizational microscope: Kyler Murray, as he returns from last season’s injury. Neither Arizona general manager Monti Ossenfort nor head coach Jonathan Gannon drafted Murray or signed him to his lucrative extension, which creates plenty of unknowns for this franchise. But we do know that a trade of Murray is unlikely — who’d trade for that contract? — and cutting him would be easier to stomach a year from now.

In this scenario, I have them keeping Murray (and his hefty contract) for at least one more season.

Last year, the Cardinals drafted an Ohio State offensive tackle in the top 10, and they go back to Columbus for one of the best wide receiver prospects of the last few decades. This pick would come on the 20-year anniversary of Arizona selecting Larry Fitzgerald at No. 3 in 2004, which is interesting because Harrison reminds me of a leaner version of Fitzgerald.

3. New England Patriots: Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina

With their quarterback situation in shambles, the Patriots have a bottom-five offense.

In his 24 years as head coach in New England, Bill Belichick has never drafted in the top five, but this season is certainly trending in that direction. That’s the bad news. The good news? This is a great draft for a quarterback-needy team to own an early pick. Maye is a young player and not without his faults, but he has promising talent and more big-time throws on his tape than any other passer in this class.
                    go-deeper
                    GO DEEPER

Patriots may be the NFL's worst team and Bill Belichick is out of answers

4. Chicago Bears: Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame

When you draft in the top five, the goal is to find an organizational cornerstone that also addresses a pressing need. This class offers a pair of outstanding offensive tackles who are not only blue-chip prospects but would also give Chicago a much-needed upgrade at a key position.

A standout pass protector and run blocker, Alt has a massive body with coordinated feet and rare recovery skills, which will have him ready to start as a 21-year-old rookie.

5. Washington Commanders: Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State

When ranking the Commanders’ greatest needs, offensive tackle isn’t at the very top. But the position hasn’t been a strength, and it would be tough to see the organization passing on a cornerstone left tackle — something it hasn’t had since Trent Williams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Though he needs to continue developing as a run blocker, Fashanu, who played his high school ball 10 miles from FedEx Field, is outstanding in pass protection with his body movements, angle awareness and ability to sit down versus power.

6. New York Giants: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

Over the past month, I think Nabers separated himself for several teams as WR2 in this draft. The only FBS pass catcher with 1,500-plus receiving yards in 2023, he also leads the country with 34 receptions of 20-plus yards. The only other college receiver with that many explosive catches over the last five years? Another LSU receiver, Ja’Marr Chase, who had 34 in 2019.

The Giants obviously still have high hopes for Jalin Hyatt and Wan’Dale Robinson, but adding Nabers gives the offense a legitimate No. 1 threat.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU

Offensively and defensively, the Buccaneers are a middle-of-the-road team, and they’ll have several interesting roster decisions to make this offseason. For one, Tampa Bay will be in the mix to select this draft’s QB3, and Daniels could be it. He has a dynamic skill set to create explosive plays with his arm and legs.

At the beginning of the season, I wouldn’t have guessed that Daniels would appear in the top 10 of my first mock draft. But in studying his tape and seeing his continual improvements, you start to run out of reasons why he doesn’t belong. I think several teams slotted in the top 10 will think the same way.

8. New York Jets: Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia

Assuming the Jets are all in with Aaron Rodgers for the 2024 season, the team’s first-round pick likely will be an offensive player who can contribute from Day 1. Whether you line him up at tight end, wide receiver or a hybrid position, Bowers can be a difference-maker and quickly emerge as one of the Jets’ go-to weapons.
                    go-deeper
                    GO DEEPER

Schultz: Georgia's SEC dominance under Kirby Smart seems like a fantasy

9. Los Angeles Chargers: JC Latham, OT, Alabama

The Chargers feel broken with impending changes on the horizon. Regardless, the organization needs to do more to protect Justin Herbert, and Trey Pipkins III hasn’t been good enough at right tackle. Latham is one of the strongest players in college football and also shows the movements to hold up in space.

ADVERTISEMENT

10. Tennessee Titans: Dallas Turner, Edge, Alabama

With Will Levis likely penciled in as the Titans’ 2024 starting quarterback, the front office can focus this offseason on building up the offensive line, adding more weapons and strengthening the defense.

There are greater needs on the roster, but the pass rush has been wildly inconsistent this season (when the Titans aren’t playing the Panthers). Turner is a freak-show talent — both against the run and while rushing the passer — and continues to get better.
                    Although I'm not qualified to make the selection, if it were me I would pick Dallas Turner if the draft played out this way. With Kool-Aid lasting until the 18th pick, where Denver takes him, a lot of people on this forum would be greatly disappointed.

If the pick were Latham, I would understand the idea of replacing Pipkins and making the offensive line stronger. Ultimately I want to build a dominant defense, and I think adding another potential Pro Bowl pass-rusher would give us the best opportunity to compete with Mahomes and the rest of the top quarterbacks in the AFC. A lot of people on here want to get rid of Bosa, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen--and not because of my screen name. Bosa, Mack, Tuli, and Turner in a rotation is very appealing to me, especially with a new coaching staff capable of utilizing them correctly.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Teams with 7+ losses - right now we're at 7 due to one less win, i think - How many teams before us will be compelled to chase the Franchise QB dream, eh?

AZ 10 - new QB
                      NE 9 - new QB
                      NYG 8 - new QB
                      CHI 8 - ? Do they believe in Fields or new QB?
                      WAS 8 - ?

NYJ 7 - AR or new QB?
                      LAC 7 - ?
                      TEN 7
                      TB 7

LVR 7

I pulled top-10 lists from a handful of ranking sites for fun. MH2 will be long gone. Fashanu likely gone. Bowers probably gone. any of those 3 still on the board - take him in order listed. Alt, Kool Aid, Newton, Latu, Turner, Nabers in my cluster of possibles still on the board. IF they trade Joey, Latu and Turner move up behind Alt as 2nd tier top of my cluster.

We will be looking at multiple elite players at a PON. TT, clear out your office, we'll take it from here. Staley - don't start winning now, its too late. Just go away with one year pay and the smug certainty that it wasn't you, it was everyone else.

​​
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Although I'm not qualified to make the selection, if it were me I would pick Dallas Turner if the draft played out this way. With Kool-Aid lasting until the 18th pick, where Denver takes him, a lot of people on this forum would be greatly disappointed.

If the pick were Latham, I would understand the idea of replacing Pipkins and making the offensive line stronger. Ultimately I want to build a dominant defense, and I think adding another potential Pro Bowl pass-rusher would give us the best opportunity to compete with Mahomes and the rest of the top quarterbacks in the AFC. A lot of people on here want to get rid of Bosa, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen--and not because of my screen name. Bosa, Mack, Tuli, and Turner in a rotation is very appealing to me, especially with a new coaching staff capable of utilizing them correctly.
                        I prefer ED, but I’m happy with a better ORT too. Dallas won a lot of games with that stud OL they had a few years ago.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Texas RB Keilan Robinson could be a 7th round UDFA steal like Keaton Mitchell was for Baltimore. Explosive with receiving and returner skills. I really wanted Keaton Mitchell in the 7th. I was really surprised he went undrafted.

First and foremost they need to fix the Oline and I would bring in either Cleveland’s assistant Oline coach Scott Peters or Eagles assistant Oline coach Roy Istvan to be the Oline coach. And then try to bring in Georgia Oline coach Stacy Searels to be the assistant Oline coach.

Can I say Oline or Oline coach one more time🤪

Comment

Working...
                          X