• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

So we don’t need two bookend pro bowl LTs, Alt is a replacement? What? The entire Alt argument is we have to have RT as strong as LT.
    We have no idea what the 2025 starting OL will be.... currently only Pipkins, Salyer and Johnson are contracted into 2025.
    Slater is in final year of his deal this year. They have to make a decision about him. And until they do, I cant pencil him in for 2025 OL.
    We know they need a Center this year, how will they address that?
    A lot of moving parts and decision to be made.
    I assume Slater will be resigned long term, but maybe that doesn't happen. You draft Alt and you have bookends this year and insurance for LT next year.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Joe doesn't have to pay Slater who needs a new deal or becomes a free agent next year. He could draft Alt as the replacement allow someone to sign Slater and get the 3rd Rd comp pick that he likes. And have that money that didn't go to Slater to add something else. He could do anything he wants. Ravens did trade their top OT for a 1st Rd pick in the past. Just as an example that Hortiz has been on staff that traded their young LT for a 1st Rd pick. Not that they have any plans to do that with Slater. But I'm just speculating that anything is possible. Other that QB. Herbert isn't going anywhere. They are going to try and win the Superbowl with him, defense, run game and special teams.
      now we are replacing Slater with Alt, okay this shit getting ridiculous...
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

We have no idea what the 2025 starting OL will be.... currently only Pipkins, Salyer and Johnson are contracted into 2025.
        Slater is in final year of his deal this year. They have to make a decision about him. And until they do, I cant pencil him in for 2025 OL.
        We know they need a Center this year, how will they address that?
        A lot of moving parts and decision to be made.
        I assume Slater will be resigned long term, but maybe that doesn't happen. You draft Alt and you have bookends this year and insurance for LT next year.
        That's two years we have him and three if you use the franchise tag. We can use MH2 or Nabers right now...
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Critty is not on speaking terms with Telesco right now.

He blames Telesco and Pipkens for undermining the great Brandon Staley.
          The Raiturds took Telesco.

The 49ers took Staley.

Jim and Joe kept Ficken and Dicker.
          ​​
          That is all anyone needs to know.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

now we are replacing Slater with Alt, okay this shit getting ridiculous...
            I don't see a scenario where they don't bring back Slater
            your take is correct - ridiculous

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

and you can say the same thing re: WR, TE, DT, and.... can we say the same thing 'bout ED, CB and the OC ??
              WR and DT class maybe, there will some good ones all the way down to the 4rth round, the Centers and the Corners, that's a negative, they're going to want to get one of the top 3-4 centers and the good corners are probably all gone by the end of round 3...Edge players it's a top heavy group, the top three guys I like all of them, but the next group I'm not into those guys at all, which is why you get your Edge in the 1st round, my preference is Verse, then Turner, then Latu, but Latu isn't one only because of fused vertebrae in his neck, that sounds risky to me...
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

WR and DT class maybe, there will some good ones all the way down to the 4rth round, the Centers and the Corners, that's a negative, they're going to want to get one of the top 3-4 centers and the good corners are probably all gone by the end of round 3...Edge players it's a top heavy group, the top three guys I like all of them, but the next group I'm not into those guys at all, which is why you get your Edge in the 1st round, my preference is Verse, then Turner, then Latu, but Latu isn't one only because of fused vertebrae in his neck, that sounds risky to me...
                There is a high probability that Arizona will take Turner with the 4th or 6th pick if they trade down. Arizona has the 27th pick they can use on a receiver if they want to. I become more convinced that MH2 might be there for the 5th pick every day.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

There is a high probability that Arizona will take Turner with the 4th or 6th pick if they trade down. Arizona has the 27th pick they can use on a receiver if they want to. I become more convinced that MH2 might be there for the 5th pick every day.
                  Junior is a beast, I've been approaching this draft from day one like he would be gone by the time we pick, if he's there at 5 you have to pull the trigger, he might be one of the best WR prospects of all time...any truth to the rumors that he's a diva? I'm thinking some teams want him to fall in the draft?

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Joe doesn't have to pay Slater who needs a new deal or becomes a free agent next year. He could draft Alt as the replacement allow someone to sign Slater and get the 3rd Rd comp pick that he likes. And have that money that didn't go to Slater to add something else. He could do anything he wants. Ravens did trade their top OT for a 1st Rd pick in the past. Just as an example that Hortiz has been on staff that traded their young LT for a 1st Rd pick. Not that they have any plans to do that with Slater. But I'm just speculating that anything is possible. Other that QB. Herbert isn't going anywhere. They are going to try and win the Superbowl with him, defense, run game and special teams.
                    What a different idea.

Here's another - Maybe they could trade Herbert for some more draft picks and draft every RT in the draft.

I wonder what kind of compensation the league would give us if we set off a bomb in a car Slater and JH10 were riding in together?
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

The Alt man crushes are getting creepy, we got some Alties on this forum...

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

For the sanity of this board, I hope the Chargers do something soon. It's getting hot up in here.
                        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Who was the OT prospect who came in with small hands?

edit: Olumuyiwa Fashanu

Last edited by 21&500; 03-09-2024, 06:19 PM.
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X