• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Javia
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2023
    • Send PM

Patriots Wire has the Chargers trading the #5 selection along with JUSTIN HERBERT to the Patriots for the #3 pick for the right to draft JJ McCarthy. They also have the Patriots getting MHJ with the #5 pick. DARE TO DREAM, RIGHT? 😂🤣🤣🤣

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Javia View Post
      https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...gF071RwTn8xrbO

Patriots Wire has the Chargers trading the #5 selection along with JUSTIN HERBERT to the Patriots for the #3 pick for the right to draft JJ McCarthy. They also have the Patriots getting MHJ with the #5 pick. DARE TO DREAM, RIGHT? 😂🤣🤣🤣
      Drugachussetts...they are definitely smoking something weird up there!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We all know Jimbo's track record and publicly stated proclivities.

However Joe Hortiz is his own man, and he saw Nabers in person today.

On April 25 at 540 pm, over the loudspeakers at SoFi: "...Security to the Chargers Draft Room."

Battle Royal.
        On top of the official Charger Draft Table.
        Horitz may be his own man, but if you listened to Harbaugh's presser, he made a reference to a lot of options about who he will pick in the draft.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

So we get him to waive the no trade and then eat the $129 million in dead cap space to get JJ?

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Was he writting it after mushrooms or what

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Horitz may be his own man, but if you listened to Harbaugh's presser, he made a reference to a lot of options about who he will pick in the draft.
              Harbaugh is a one quirky dude
              and I know he wants a good OLine - listen to him talk about him - OL helps the whole team
              that said, without a trade down, i don't see Harbaugh not wantinbg to help his team most by going for OT if the better player is WR

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

and I know he wants a good OLine - listen to him talk about him - OL helps the whole team
                that said, without a trade down, i don't see Harbaugh not wantinbg to help his team most by going for OT if the better player is WR
                This. Also, Liar’s Month (or in Harbaugh’s case a bit of misdirection).

Comment

• Chargers8491
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

So we get him to waive the no trade and then eat the $129 million in dead cap space to get JJ?
                  Don't forget we also have to give up our #5 pick. If the Pats wanted Herbert it would cost them pretty much their #3 and shit ton of picks without the Chargers giving up jack. What a stupid trade.
                  1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                  2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                  2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                  3a- #66 Puni OT
                  3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                  4a- #105 Rice WR
                  4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                  5- #140 Green CB
                  6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

that said, without a trade down, i don't see Harbaugh not wantinbg to help his team most by going for OT (even) if the better player is WR
                    were you missing a word there, or.... you think he goes OT or WR (or TE) @5 ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Yes. Yes.
                      wu was goofin'.
                      I strongly suspect they are on exactly the same page.
                      It's time for the Chargers organization to gather and build our big board.
                      Starting this weekend likely.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

Absolutely agree with the "wasted pick" comment. It was basically a counter to Critty. You can make that argument for any player in the first round. People fall in love with player and can get emotional. I've learned over the years not to get too emotional over a player when it comes to draft time. I just look at who "EYE" think would be good fit.

I wouldn't be disappointed at all if they stay @ #5 and took a WR. IMHO, Odunze would be the best pick of the 3 for the CHARGERS. I believe he would a very good compliment to QJ. Odunze would be MWs replacement. They way he goes up for contested balls reminds me of MW. Also, he would be a RZ nightmare.

Here is the thing about if they stay @ #5 and pick, they should take whoever they have #1 on their board regardless of who it is minus QB. I wouldn't worry too much about cap because it will work itself out in the end. In other words, if they would take a player at #11 then just take him at #5. The value will work itself out.
                        you do real eyes that Odunze would be the third wideout drafted to spell/replace MW.... Palmer (contractual hedge), QJ, and now Rome, and.... don't disagree that not only might he be a better fit in our O/scheme, and.... won't be surprised if the both of he and Malik are the better NFL wideouts than Marvin ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

If Harbaugh isn’t fooling about McFadden playing center, then the two OL picks I see coming are RG and RT. And they could happen in any round IMO.
                          does that move Pips to swing tackle and Salyer to OL6 then ??

Comment

Working...
                          X