• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...imagine Tuli and Latu as bookend edge rushers...oh, with a side of Mack...check this out:

Yep, he can shed and accelerate all in one motion. And he's athletic enough to drop and cover if need be.
    I'm done with Bosa. He can't stay healthy. Shed the contract and get what you can in trade. I'm a big believer in 3 quality OLB's in a 3-4 defense.
    Rotate Latu, Tuli, and Mack. Keep them fresh and insure yourself against an injury.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      I see Jer'Zhan as the best IDL prospect this year (like most people). But @#12... I see other players at other positions that I think are more talented and would effect a defense (or offense) more than Jer'Zhan. Now, if we're picking around #20... that might be different.
      As of today, we pick 9th. We COULD win tomorrow but that may be it. We just might be picking top 10. Very wel could happen even if we win tomorrow.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

As of today, we pick 9th. We COULD win tomorrow but that may be it. We just might be picking top 10. Very wel could happen even if we win tomorrow.
        Yeah, I'm done predicting who we beat and who we lose to. I have no idea where we end up picking.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Yep, he can shed and accelerate all in one motion. And he's athletic enough to drop and cover if need be.
          I'm done with Bosa. He can't stay healthy. Shed the contract and get what you can in trade. I'm a big believer in 3 quality OLB's in a 3-4 defense.
          Rotate Latu, Tuli, and Mack. Keep them fresh and insure yourself against an injury.
          An elite pass rush also helps our corners...I still think we need two more decent corners--one in draft early, and one FA...

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Anthony Lynn’s son who was UCLA’s DC is being snatched by USC to fix their defense. Kid has a bright coaching future

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

An elite pass rush also helps our corners...I still think we need two more decent corners--one in draft early, and one FA...
              Yes, pass rush always help the corners... well except this year. Our corners are crap. Part of that is Staley's schemes. But part of that is lack-of-talent. Vato has been up-and-down his whole career. He's a free agent. Let him go. Draft his replacement in the 1st or 2nd round (BPA philosophy). Ja'Sir is... well, Ja'Sir. He's not a starter... he's really not a slot corner. Personally, I'd trade Bosa or Williams for a decent slot corner... even a young, unproven guy sitting there behind depth and not getting the opportunity.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

If you can shred some contracts, extend and restructure, you can also bring in a guy like AJ Epenesa to have a 4 headed rushing threat. I hope they move to more of a 4-3 base D.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  Anthony Lynn’s son who was UCLA’s DC is being snatched by USC to fix their defense. Kid has a bright coaching future
                  It's a lateral move for D'Anton Lynn--from UCLA DC to USC DC...wonder why he left...He was a one-season wonder at UCLA...oh, wait a minute...this gives me an idea...YES! I'VE GOT IT! Look for the Spani to interview him to replace Staley as HC...

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

It's a lateral move for D'Anton Lynn--from UCLA DC to USC DC...wonder why he left...He was a one-season wonder at UCLA...oh, wait a minute...this gives me an idea...YES! I'VE GOT IT! Look for the Spani to interview him to replace Staley as HC...
                    I’m sure USC will pay him much more than UCLa did and can.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

If you can shred some contracts, extend and restructure, you can also bring in a guy like AJ Epenesa to have a 4 headed rushing threat. I hope they move to more of a 4-3 base D.
                      Definitely shed some contracts (Bosa and MW). Definitely extend some contracts (KA and Mack). It has to be done to get under the cap. Linsley seems to be done as well. Use the cap you save there and sign a good center (even if it's over the $8.9 million you save on Linsley's contract). We must have a good center... history shows us that.

4-3 or 3-4...? I'm not so sure I want to scrap the defensive scheme. We just finished building a 4-3 into a 3-4. Going back might require extra players. I know modern day schemes overlap much more than they used to... but I haven't tried wrapping my head around that, yet. HC and DC hirings will tell us more.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Definitely shed some contracts (Bosa and MW). Definitely extend some contracts (KA and Mack). It has to be done to get under the cap. Linsley seems to be done as well. Use the cap you save there and sign a good center (even if it's over the $8.9 million you save on Linsley's contract). We must have a good center... history shows us that.

4-3 or 3-4...? I'm not so sure I want to scrap the defensive scheme. We just finished building a 4-3 into a 3-4. Going back might require extra players. I know modern day schemes overlap much more than they used to... but I haven't tried wrapping my head around that, yet. HC and DC hirings will tell us more.
                        I completely agree with this. I know I have them taking C Powers Johnson in the 3rd with an extra 3rd round pick from a Bosa trade. If they were able to sign C Biadasz, that would be a huge plus and they could target a C a little later in the draft to develop and be the backup like Andrew Raym.

I said more of a 4-3 base because of exactly what you said and how much they overlap and what is considered a base defense now a days. I just don’t like seeing a player like Mack dropping into coverage when they need to be setting the edge and rushing the passer. Same can be said with Tuli.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

RB Keilan Robinson just had nice burst for TD. He is the next Keaton Mitchell. I know it’s only Keaton Mitchell’s first year, but he has shown his explosiveness, and that is what Robinson has as a skat back. Need more speed on this offense.

Comment

Working...
                          X