• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack Burton
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Is what I'm saying. If it isnt Bowers drafted, A rookie isn't starting over Hurst. Not Stiver, not any.of them. They will learn behind him.

​​​Cooper if drafted will start ahead of Henley who isn't a true Mike. Cooper is a very good fit. I don't know much about Dye.

Not sure what they do at OC now but I'll assume we aren't using a high pick on one now. But we'll see.

It's all a guess with this new regime. We aren't going to get everything in one offseason. But we can be more competitive and contend for the playoffs and slay it in the second off season.

We need another 2nd and 3rd rounder.
    I get the sense that Hurst is a scheme fit but I think he’s really the guy who they specifically brought in to mentor Bowers. I think Bowers has always been the target and if they can get 11 and 23, they will do it and then trade back up to 8 to ensure they get Bowers. Dissly was brought in to play. Immediately. Primarily to block with a bit of catching while Bowers acclimates.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

I get the sense that Hurst is a scheme fit but I think he’s really the guy who they specifically brought in to mentor Bowers. I think Bowers has always been the target and if they can get 11 and 23, they will do it and then trade back up to 8 to ensure they get Bowers. Dissly was brought in to play. Immediately. Primarily to block with a bit of catching while Bowers acclimates.
      Make sure I follow your idea

1- You give your 5th for 11 and 23
      2- You give your 11 and 23 for the 8th ?

Reminds me a famous movie

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Exactly my same thoughts.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I don't know if this was before, OR after the Pro Day yesterday...or if this guy has real info. But Rice said he has met with them.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

I didn’t see him say 11 and 23 to move back to 8. He didn’t post the price, but I’d assume without more info he expected to get something net by moving from 5 to 8.

Im also not jumping to the guess that they brought Hurst in specifically to mentor Bowers. I’ve got no info to guess that, don’t even know they will take Bowers. I think they had a more linear vision - we got no TE, let’s get a TE.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

I just wanna say...some of you folks might want to ease up a bit...I actually got attacked earlier today for DEFENDING a guy...got tied up with work, so I didn't get a full rebuttal...he must have sped read my post, and just assumed I was saying something I wasn't. He said he was attacked for suggesting a couple of high third rounders was worth trading back...I said something to the effect that, sure, if Jim wanted a tackle real bad, he would trade back for whatever he could get, if he could, and suddenly I was somehow advocating that we should pick a tackle at 5, and I was dense...FROM THE GUY I WAS DEFENDING...

People...we are just spit balling here...I actually don't give a hoot in hell what Jim and Joe do in the first, or anywhere in the draft...year one, I'm just sitting back, waiting to be entertained...cuz it might be interesting. I would suggest you folks keep an open mind, cuz this is Jim friggin Harbaugh...and probably a hand picked GM...Jim is gonna do Jim, no matter what you guys think he should do...so don't be shocked or hurt when he passes on your favorites. He knows what he is doing...and it may not have anything to do with how you think he should build the team. Have fun predicting whatever you want, debate...but you don't have to roast people who don't agree with you. Me? Love Brock Bowers, love the receivers...but am prepared that we may be going with boring foundation picks...and that's cool. This guy is a team builder...it may be frustrating early on...but I doubt he gives a fig for perceived value...I think he will identify players he wants, try to move accordingly to get them, but ultimately pick them wherever he can, rankings be damned. Just saying.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                I just wanna say...some of you folks might want to ease up a bit...I actually got attacked earlier today for DEFENDING a guy...got tied up with work, so I didn't get a full rebuttal...he must have sped read my post, and just assumed I was saying something I wasn't. He said he was attacked for suggesting a couple of high third rounders was worth trading back...I said something to the effect that, sure, if Jim wanted a tackle real bad, he would trade back for whatever he could get, if he could, and suddenly I was somehow advocating that we should pick a tackle at 5, and I was dense...FROM THE GUY I WAS DEFENDING...

People...we are just spit balling here...I actually don't give a hoot in hell what Jim and Joe do in the first, or anywhere in the draft...year one, I'm just sitting back, waiting to be entertained...cuz it might be interesting. I would suggest you folks keep an open mind, cuz this is Jim friggin Harbaugh...and probably a hand picked GM...Jim is gonna do Jim, no matter what you guys think he should do...so don't be shocked or hurt when he passes on your favorites. He knows what he is doing...and it may not have anything to do with how you think he should build the team. Have fun predicting whatever you want, debate...but you don't have to roast people who don't agree with you. Me? Love Brock Bowers, love the receivers...but am prepared that we may be going with boring foundation picks...and that's cool. This guy is a team builder...it may be frustrating early on...but I doubt he gives a fig for perceived value...I think he will identify players he wants, try to move accordingly to get them, but ultimately pick them wherever he can, rankings be damned. Just saying.
                1. I’ve been saying this for awhile. There is this “ONE WAY” mentality in TPB that causes friction and fights. In truth there are lots of ways.
                2. Too many state as fact that Joe is EXACTLY the Ravens in every thought and move. Beats me if he is, he of course learned a lot there but he’s his own guy and I doubt he is EXACT. And Harbaugh was never a Raven. Relax everyone - let them do their work
                3. People are way too freaked out for the 3rd week of March. As if they have special insight that Jim and Joe can’t see? Lol, i am sure they see all. Panic buyers spend $120M/$88M Guaranteed on the 2nd day of FA. That got us JCJ last time it was done here. Let them do their work.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I'll just put this here.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I'll just put this here.
                    Did you see that Our OL coach was once again involved with the Notre Dame OTs today? Bears coach was involved as well while Jets, and a few other teams coaches or scouts stood by watching.

Word has it Telesco was there as well in disguise checking out the ND guys ....
                    I kid, I kid
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-21-2024, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

No. Chargers get 11 and 23 for 5.
                      Then they use 11 and 69 to go back up to 8.
                      Then dangle 23 to move back and get multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd. There are 3 teams with multiple 2nds and they all suck. One of them will covet a guy at 23.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                        1. I’ve been saying this for awhile. There is this “ONE WAY” mentality in TPB that causes friction and fights. In truth there are lots of ways.
                        2. Too many state as fact that Joe is EXACTLY the Ravens in every thought and move. Beats me if he is, he of course learned a lot there but he’s his own guy and I doubt he is EXACT. And Harbaugh was never a Raven. Relax everyone - let them do their work
                        3. People are way too freaked out for the 3rd week of March. As if they have special insight that Jim and Joe can’t see? Lol, i am sure they see all. Panic buyers spend $120M/$88M Guaranteed on the 2nd day of FA. That got us JCJ last time it was done here. Let them do their work.
                        No kidding...the Harbaugh honeymoon is over, which saw well over 90 percent of the forum happy and agreeing with one another...for a time...now its back to the meat grinder, with the draft a long ways off...smh. I appreciate good debate, but already Im "dense"? Boy...the draft is gonna be chaos around here...because Jim's middle name is NOT "Conventional"...best temper expectations TPB...
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

For a sec I read ”best temper tantrums TPB.”

Comment

Working...
                          X