• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    I just wanna say...some of you folks might want to ease up a bit...I actually got attacked earlier today for DEFENDING a guy...got tied up with work, so I didn't get a full rebuttal...he must have sped read my post, and just assumed I was saying something I wasn't. He said he was attacked for suggesting a couple of high third rounders was worth trading back...I said something to the effect that, sure, if Jim wanted a tackle real bad, he would trade back for whatever he could get, if he could, and suddenly I was somehow advocating that we should pick a tackle at 5, and I was dense...FROM THE GUY I WAS DEFENDING...

People...we are just spit balling here...I actually don't give a hoot in hell what Jim and Joe do in the first, or anywhere in the draft...year one, I'm just sitting back, waiting to be entertained...cuz it might be interesting. I would suggest you folks keep an open mind, cuz this is Jim friggin Harbaugh...and probably a hand picked GM...Jim is gonna do Jim, no matter what you guys think he should do...so don't be shocked or hurt when he passes on your favorites. He knows what he is doing...and it may not have anything to do with how you think he should build the team. Have fun predicting whatever you want, debate...but you don't have to roast people who don't agree with you. Me? Love Brock Bowers, love the receivers...but am prepared that we may be going with boring foundation picks...and that's cool. This guy is a team builder...it may be frustrating early on...but I doubt he gives a fig for perceived value...I think he will identify players he wants, try to move accordingly to get them, but ultimately pick them wherever he can, rankings be damned. Just saying.
    Once a player is picked, he's ours, and I will root for him. If I didn't want us to select him prior to the draft, it will mean nothing at all when the real games begin in September. This has been true even when Telesco and A.J. made ridiculous picks. I wanted to be completely wrong about the likes of D.J. Fluker, Jonas Mouton, Craig Mager, Jacob Hester, and Buster Davis. It didn't make me feel any better when I wasn't wrong. I feel so much better when a player I didn't want to pick becomes a stud. I didn't want Herbert or Bosa at all, and I wasn't pulling for us to take Slater. I'm glad they turned out to be so much better than I thought.

It's not about being right. It's about seeing us win the Super Bowl. That's why we have Harbaugh here now, and he has my full support.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

No. Chargers get 11 and 23 for 5.
      Then they use 11 and 69 to go back up to 8.
      Then dangle 23 to move back and get multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd. There are 3 teams with multiple 2nds and they all suck. One of them will covet a guy at 23.
      more like 11 & 37.... might be able to get an additional pick back from them tho.... their fourth/109 ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Oklahoma
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

No. Chargers get 11 and 23 for 5.
        Then they use 11 and 69 to go back up to 8.
        Then dangle 23 to move back and get multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd. There are 3 teams with multiple 2nds and they all suck. One of them will covet a guy at 23.
        You’re maneuvering, better yet matriculating up and down the board like Brad Holmes for the Lions last year. I’ll drink that milkshake, I’ll drink it up.🥤

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

You’re maneuvering, better yet matriculating up and down the board like Brad Holmes for the Lions last year. I’ll drink that milkshake, I’ll drink it up.🥤
          Lions and Quietly the Rams probably had the best off seasons last year

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Once a player is picked, he's ours, and I will root for him. If I didn't want us to select him prior to the draft, it will mean nothing at all when the real games begin in September. This has been true even when Telesco and A.J. made ridiculous picks. I wanted to be completely wrong about the likes of D.J. Fluker, Jonas Mouton, Craig Mager, Jacob Hester, and Buster Davis. It didn't make me feel any better when I wasn't wrong. I feel so much better when a player I didn't want to pick becomes a stud. I didn't want Herbert or Bosa at all, and I wasn't pulling for us to take Slater. I'm glad they turned out to be so much better than I thought.

It's not about being right. It's about seeing us win the Super Bowl. That's why we have Harbaugh here now, and he has my full support.
            You didnt want Slater???

I was jumping for joy when he fell to 13!

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Lions and Quietly the Rams probably had the best off seasons last year
              Lions on their way to doing it again, huge break for them also now they don’t have to pay bust Cam Sutton.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

You didnt want Slater???

I was jumping for joy when he fell to 13!
                I was all about Micah Parsons and kind of turned off by the "Slater is better off at guard" talk. Obviously Parsons would be great to have, but Slater being a great player at left tackle is comforting.
                Last edited by DerwinBosa; 03-21-2024, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

I was all about Micah Parsons and kind of turned off by the "Slater is better off at guard" talk. Obviously Parsons would be great to have, but Slater being a great player at left tackle is comforting.
                  He had a great rookie year, injured his second year and played decent but not great last year. Let's hope better OL coaching can help him return to form. Otherwise, trader Joe will move him before he has to pay him

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

I was pleased Parsons went at 12 because I thought Dallas might take Slater and I really wanted a LT, but I have to admit I didnt know how good Parsons would be at the draft. He was projected as a LB, allbeit a very good one, but then when he got to Dallas they turned him into a freak pass rusher on the edge.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

He had a great rookie year, injured his second year and played decent but not great last year. Let's hope better OL coaching can help him return to form. Otherwise, trader Joe will move him before he has to pay him
                      It has come out recently that Slater gutted out last year on both ankles being injured all year

According to Duke Manyweather, who trains offensive linemen with OL Masterminds, Slater played through a double-high ankle sprain for the entire 2023 season. Of the two ankle sprains, a high ankle sprain is much worse and comes with a longer timetable for a player to fully recover. Often, a player dealing with a standard high ankle sprain will miss multiple games. In Slater’s case, he played with a double high ankle sprain.

The injury perfectly explains why Slater didn’t play at an All-Pro level last season. While it does raise questions about why the previous Chargers’ regime allowed him to keep playing when the team was eliminated from the playoffs, the important thing for Jim Harbaugh and his staff is that Slater will be healthy for the 2024 season.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

It has come out recently that Slater gutted out last year on both ankles being injured all year

According to Duke Manyweather, who trains offensive linemen with OL Masterminds, Slater played through a double-high ankle sprain for the entire 2023 season. Of the two ankle sprains, a high ankle sprain is much worse and comes with a longer timetable for a player to fully recover. Often, a player dealing with a standard high ankle sprain will miss multiple games. In Slater’s case, he played with a double high ankle sprain.

The injury perfectly explains why Slater didn’t play at an All-Pro level last season. While it does raise questions about why the previous Chargers’ regime allowed him to keep playing when the team was eliminated from the playoffs, the important thing for Jim Harbaugh and his staff is that Slater will be healthy for the 2024 season.

So he was injured and out nearly his entire second year and had a double ankle sprain all of last year? It was ridiculous to keep playing him if that was the case. No matter now. He wasn't the same guy as his rookie year. Hoping that wasn't a flash in the pan season. He's heading into his prove it years

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

So he was injured and out nearly his entire second year and had a double ankle sprain all of last year? It was ridiculous to keep playing him if that was the case. No matter now. He wasn't the same guy as his rookie year. Hoping that wasn't a flash in the pan season. He's heading into his prove it years
                          Okay. This explains a lot.

Given that he played all season long with this, he'll probably start feeling close to 100% about 6 weeks from now.

Comment

Working...
                          X