• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I'm never one to think teams will pick a WR just because they have the QB he played with - teams decide on WRs based on all WRs available and what they want for a WR.

That said, I think he's good and undervalued in this draft that has so many good WRs. He might be as high as 2nd round in some lean years. I don't know CHI's overall team needs and draft board to know if they would take him at 75 or not, just no idea. They did just add Slayer and Everett, what are their other critical team needs? But you might be right he's a R3 pick vs R4. ??? wtf do I know.
    I will say this - if the Chargers trade down with the Vikings

the Bears should WAIT to take a WR like Odunze and the JEts should WAIT to take a TE like Bowers - just saying
    go find that interior defender like Newton for the Bears and for the Jets, take Latham

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

I'm never one to think teams will pick a WR just because they have the QB he played with - teams decide on WRs based on all WRs available and what they want for a WR.

That said, I think he's good and undervalued in this draft that has so many good WRs. He might be as high as 2nd round in some lean years. I don't know CHI's overall team needs and draft board to know if they would take him at 75 or not, just no idea. They did just add Slayer and Everett, what are their other critical team needs? But you might be right he's a R3 pick vs R4. ??? wtf do I know.
      I was thinking in terms of QB/receiver chemistry that Williams knows very well. It's all conjecture on my part as well...sort of an educated guess maybe? I just think all the big receivers will be gone by round 4 as well. Smallish but talented players maybe available in round 4.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

If we did trade back for 11 and 23, getting the #2 ED, Jared Verse, and the #1 DT, Byron Murphy II, would make my day. That would give us one heck of a talented, physical DL. Trading a top WR for two top DL, yeah, I’d do that.

Draft the top available OL at 37 and walk away a draft winner.

We are a LOS team.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I will say this - if the Chargers trade down with the Vikings

the Bears should WAIT to take a WR like Odunze and the JEts should WAIT to take a TE like Bowers - just saying
          go find that interior defender like Newton for the Bears and for the Jets, take Latham
          Can we take Newton at 11?
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I was thinking in terms of QB/receiver chemistry that Williams knows very well. It's all conjecture on my part as well...sort of an educated guess maybe? I just think all the big receivers will be gone by round 4 as well. Smallish but talented players maybe available in round 4.
            I get the thought process, but if I were a GM, I'd think about the next 5 years overall, not the next 2 or 3 months. Now if his WR was a guy named Chase - it checks all the boxes. But I don't take Rice over MH2 just because Rice was on USC - to be extreme and ridiculous in my example.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Can we take Newton at 11?
              Good point
              I prefer Odunze but the team needs IDL

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Good point
                I prefer Odunze but the team needs IDL
                I won't object to him either. My mantra remains: There a lot of ways ...

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

It has come out recently that Slater gutted out last year on both ankles being injured all year

According to Duke Manyweather, who trains offensive linemen with OL Masterminds, Slater played through a double-high ankle sprain for the entire 2023 season. Of the two ankle sprains, a high ankle sprain is much worse and comes with a longer timetable for a player to fully recover. Often, a player dealing with a standard high ankle sprain will miss multiple games. In Slater’s case, he played with a double high ankle sprain.

The injury perfectly explains why Slater didn’t play at an All-Pro level last season. While it does raise questions about why the previous Chargers’ regime allowed him to keep playing when the team was eliminated from the playoffs, the important thing for Jim Harbaugh and his staff is that Slater will be healthy for the 2024 season.

Because they were desperate idiots . . . . . . . . . . reference MW in Denver in 2022 . . . . . . . . . Idiots Idiots Idiots

TBP will most certainly not agree with everything Harbaugh & Hortiz do, but it's abundantly clear that they are professionals, with a coherent plan (whether we like it or not) - it's so very refreshing . . . . . . . .
                  Last edited by Lefty2SLO; 03-22-2024, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Jrock1970
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2024
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    If we did trade back for 11 and 23, getting the #2 ED, Jared Verse, and the #1 DT, Byron Murphy II, would make my day. That would give us one heck of a talented, physical DL. Trading a top WR for two top DL, yeah, I’d do that.

Draft the top available OL at 37 and walk away a draft winner.

We are a LOS team.
                    I'd Rather go Braswell and Fuaga in first and Sweat in 2nd in that mindset. One of Bosa/Mack won't be here next year.

Comment

• Jrock1970
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2024
                      • Send PM

We got burned way more up the middle than on the edges because of DT/NT issues....get us some immoveable beef!!!😁

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        Today is the big one.
                        Michigan ProDay.
                        FYI, Haurbaugh, Minter, and Bischoff are attending Michigan's pro day.
                        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

I don’t think there’s any other DT they will take other than Kris Jenkins at 37. He knows and fits the scheme perfectly. I still think they should try and trade Fox to the Eagles for a late round pick. I’d send him off for a 6th. Fox doesn’t fit the scheme and they could take another DT with that pick. 2nd year man Jarrod Clark is somebody to keep a close eye on this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X