• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

"2. Nabers: a me first, gang banger wannabe, midget slot guy" Possibly...but that's where due diligence comes into play...is he a problem or is he just a pumped extrovert. He pumps up his effort in games due to his personality.

"3. Bowers: a midget tight end who plays against inferior talent in the SEC" This is where I'm at...I don't have a problem with taking him at #11-13 but anything earlier and were gonna look stupid if it doesn't pan out! We are still going to be looking for a wide receiver even if we take him at #11-13 so there's that problem.

If he doesnt pan out, isn’t it stupid to take him at 11-13?

the inferior talent crack is a crock - he played in the SEC - best conference in the world. Just a completely invalid slam. Nabers played in the SEC, was his version of SEC competition higher caliber? Lol.

Bowers is not Gates though, folks don’t need to press false comparisons. He’s smaller and a LOT faster than Gates, different game entirely.

I like them both. I like MHJ more. I like Alt. These are all really good players and guys are getting frantic around here and pressing their cases a bit too far against the guy(s) that are not their favored guy. Jmo.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
      He’s a prima donna who likely has rocks for brains. I take him off my board and go Udenze at 5, Thomas at 11, or Mitchell/McConkey at 23 or lower.
      This is a viable concern. I like your other receiver picks.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kylars View Post
        What a fucking toxic thread this is turning into.

Everyone has their favorites. Does that make them right? Wrong? No.

Ketchup on steak, while blasphemy, is someone's preference.
        You were 100% right until you got to steak. Ketchup on steak is heresy, blasphemy, arguably worse than any of the vicious slanders against any of these fine young men,

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If he doesnt pan out, isn’t it stupid to take him at 11-13?

the inferior talent crack is a crock - he played in the SEC - best conference in the world. Just a completely invalid slam. Nabers played in the SEC, was his version of SEC competition higher caliber? Lol.

Bowers is not Gates though, folks don’t need to press false comparisons. He’s smaller and a LOT faster than Gates, different game entirely.

I like them both. I like MHJ more. I like Alt. These are all really good players and guys are getting frantic around here and pressing their cases a bit too far against the guy(s) that are not their favored guy. Jmo.
          We will look less stupid. For instance if we traded out and got more draft capital or a very good player in addition it will look much better. Basically yes...it's optics to some degree. Yeah we like a player but not going to over pay for him kind of thing. If were not drafting a QB, Left Tackle, or monster defender, or MH2 we need to move out of #5 for another player. If we draft Bowers at #5 your asking him to come out and destroy the NFL. Your asking for failure in doing so due to pressure. If you thought QJ was a problem wait until this fiasco unfolds.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Prove it! Was he the reason why LSU didn't win it all or is he some kind of exuberant prima donna that will destroy a team. Prove it please with evidence.
            Truly, I am BAFFLED at the allegations we're hearing about Nabers, with absolutely NOTHING in the way of facts or evidence in support of those allegations.

Here are the so-called damning *facts* about Nabers, as far as *eye* have been made aware. Please enlighten me, folks, wherever you have additional evidence. .

(1) Nabers was detained, but released without being charged in a Mardi Gras related event.

(2) Nabers celebrates, post play, in an overly aggressive, exuberant manner.

That's it, fact-wise. But I hear people elevating this into 'team cancer', and I'm like... What?!?!?!?

Are the Raiders spreading these rumors, so they can get him at #13? lol

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Truly, I am BAFFLED at the allegations we're hearing about Nabers, with absolutely NOTHING in the way of facts or evidence in support of those allegations.

Here are the so-called damning *facts* about Nabers, as far as *eye* have been made aware. Please enlighten me, folks, wherever you have additional evidence. .

(1) Nabers was detained, but released without being charged in a Mardi Gras related event.

That's it, fact-wise. But I hear people elevating this into 'team cancer', and I'm like... What?!?!?!?

Basically it's personality dislike Vibe I'm getting from the forum. It's the high speed drinking and driving fear that's going on. Player gets paid and then loses his shit off the field antics that's driving this whole thing.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

We will look less stupid. For instance if we traded out and got more draft capital or a very good player in addition it will look much better. Basically yes...it's optics to some degree. Yeah we like a player but not going to over pay for him kind of thing. If we’re not drafting a QB, Left Tackle, or monster defender, or MH2 we need to move out of #5 for another player. If we draft Bowers at #5 you’re asking him to come out and destroy the NFL. You’re asking for failure in doing so due to pressure. If you thought QJ was a problem wait until this fiasco unfolds.
                I dunno - stupid is stupid, pick #11 is still the most important pick they’d make. I don’t know #5 pick A has more or less expectation or pressure than #5 pick B, C, D. Idunno - it feels like projection to me but what do I know.

i think its you that has posted he’ll be always-injured, is small and weak, and will not succeed at NFL level. If true that would be a horrible pick at 11 or 111 imo.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Unlikely...I see the top 4 receivers with a possible 50% success rate or better. Bowers is smallish player with a possible expectations failure rate in the realm of TEs 80% failure rate due to over drafting.
                  He is the same size as LaPorta. Is a better athlete than LaPorta. But ok.....im really done debating the same ol things. Just ready for the draft.

I really don't care who we get. I'm sure they will be good player and will help us if it is a OT, WR or Bowers....or a CB. We need it all and we have other picks and hopefully get more.

Its not going to be worth jumping out a window lol . It's not like we have Telesco drafting for us anymore and hoping Staley can figure out how to play defense.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I dunno - stupid is stupid, pick #11 is still the most important pick they’d make. I don’t know #5 pick A has more or less expectation or pressure than #5 pick B, C, D. Idunno - it feels like projection to me but what do I know.

i think its you that has posted he’ll be always-injured, is small and weak, and will not succeed at NFL level. If true that would be a horrible pick at 11 or 111 imo.
                    Risk reward will reach some type of equilibrium. Yes, I do think he's an injury concern going forward. He might play good enough but is good enough for 8 games a year...I would pick the top 4 receivers before Bowers so yes I'm biased that way. Would I take Bowers at #37...maybe? Would I take him at #111...definitely....

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Yes, Nabers was released. But, let's not forget the other details of that incident:

1. Why was Nabers carrying a concealed weapon in the middle of Mardi Gras? People generally are drinking alcohol and their judgment is likely to be impaired, so not the wisest thing to do. Too much of a temptation to either shoot wildly into the sky or at someone.

2. Nabers did not have a concealed weapon permit (see link below).

3. When Nabers appeared in court, he had to turn in the gun to avoid being charged for illegal carry.

4. If Nabers showed such poor judgement in this case, what is the likelihood something similar or worse could happen again? When we hear of stories like this, it makes me think Nabers is a ticking time bomb who could join the other 17 NFL or ex-NFL players who have run afoul of the law due to gun issues:
                      The NFL appears to have a serious issue with players and gun laws. The league has had 17 arrests since 2020.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Nabors is an elite talent physically... he can do things that most others cannot do....The only flaw ive seen with nabors, is if you look at his highlight videos, it appears like he is always jawing and taunting his opponents after not just TD's but nearly every first down or big play... that is only thing that scares me..... he has some DIVA "Me Me" traits......
                        Compare that with MHJ who is best WR in many years and pure class....looks like Jerry Rice or Fitzgerald..... makes plays and goes back to huddle ..... not firing up the defense with stupid taunting....etc... MHJ is a cant miss WR... only issue with drafting top WR is that we will have to trade him in 4 years because any team with a great expensive QB cannot afford to spend 30-40 million per year on a WR when every year there are many outstanding WR's who can make great plays if you have a great QB and a great power running game....

Onduze appears to be a very physical professional WR..... no Diva nonsense....

But Nabors is a super elite athlete.... Tyreek Hill kind of physical slkills....

I still want Bowers because he will have a greater impact and for many more years (because we can afford him )in Harbaughs offense than an elite WR..... Bowers will play elite TE receiving threat, elite FB runner and receiving threat..... He is the kind of offensive player that can beat the chiefs.....

the best way to build NFL offenses is from the inside out...meaning:

find a great QB who is clutch..
                        build a great OL
                        find a great TE
                        Find power RB's who run forward and dont fumble, and can pick up blitzers...
                        finally find fast WR's who can beat single coverage on play action plays...

reid has out smarted the best loaded defenses(talent wise) in NFL that last 2 years to win 2 consecutive SB's......without a great WR!!!..... just with a great QB and a great TE.... yes, defense was good because they blitze on almost every play..... BUT Chiefs always manage game so they have at least ONE series to win the game on offense.... and no matter how much they struggled in other pars of game they move effortlessly om those final drives to win games,,,,, like taking candy from a baby.....

to build NFL defenses again the most important thing is the DT's and LBers up the middle because as Chargers fans have seen.... if you cannot stop the run you cannot stop anything...
                        Once you have great DT's and LBers, you need shut down man to man CB's.....so you pass rush up the middle has a chance to get there..... DE's are over rated today because of how quick the ball is released, so pressure from DT's or blitzes has to come up the middle to have a shot at the QB....

Outside pass rushers never sacked Brady.... ask Bosa who got to him in like 2, something seconds yet ball was already gone to a wide open receiver because Chargers were stupidly told to play 10-15 yards off????....leaving almost everyone wide open for 5-10 yards.... or more.... lol
                        blitzing does zero good if you give up all the short areas....

sorry for rambling, its been a long week!.... lol

at least draft is getting closer!.... lol

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Unlikely...I see the top 4 receivers with a possible 50% success rate or better. Bowers is smallish player with a possible expectations failure rate in the realm of TEs 80% failure rate due to over drafting.
                          not a chance.... he may be best TE prospect in history... he is not small.... Winslow was a HOFer only 5-10 lbs heavier... but Bowers is stronger.... with Herbert at QB and Harbaugh as coach will be one of the all time greats!

Comment

Working...
                          X