Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I guess I'll start with the obvious...

1) Greg Roman's offense. It doesn't need "generational" WR's (or TE's).
    2) The graph shows Chicago @#3... and us @#32. I think we all know why.
    3) The graph has the AFC and NFC champions all near the bottom 1/2. Where are the Ravens...?
    ​​​​​​Keenan has over 10k of those WR yards on that chart and none of them were from a Bears QB.

Also if he did a QB yards chart, Chicago since they traded Fields would be last with whatever Tyler Badie had last season .....so it's just a dumb misleading stat is all that is.
    I think that guy might be Chain. He uses just stats and PFF to discuss players in the draft.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

I guess I'll start with the obvious...

1) Greg Roman's offense. It doesn't need "generational" WR's (or TE's).
      2) The graph shows Chicago @#3... and us @#32. I think we all know why.
      3) The graph has the AFC and NFC champions all near the bottom 1/2. Where are the Ravens...?
      ^ This...that's why Hollywood Brown wanted out of Baltimore two years ago...he felt his yardage production was being reduced by Roman's run first O...so I'll post this AGAIN:

image.png

Comment

• Jack Burton
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
        This really him???

If so🤮🤮
        He’s gonna slide further than Laremy Tunsil
        He looks like he’s 3 ft tall….in his moms closet…

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Nabers, welcome to Las Vegas.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            Nabers, welcome to Las Vegas.
            Yep...he'll fit in well there...imagine the additional temptations of the gambling and night clubbing there in Sin City...

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Many people have made that argument. The post Boltnut responded to mentioned how Alt is not Joe Thomas.

Speaking of Jonathan Ogden, Alt is the same height, and Ogden played guard during his rookie year. Here were some reports on Ogden prior to the 1996 NFL Draft, in which he went fourth overall, and was one of three Hall of Famers drafted in that first round (the other two were Marvin Harrison and Ray Lewis):

“Ogden isn’t a real tough guy,” said Charley Armey, the New England Patriots’ director of college scouting. “Just a real natural guy. (Willie) Anderson probably is tougher than Ogden but Ogden just has so much more talent. I’d take Ogden over Boselli. I’d take the athlete. They’re close enough in toughness that Ogden will always be the best. Boselli has some limitations. I don’t think Ogden has those limitations.”

“He’s sure got the physical tools,” said Jerry Reichow, the Minnesota Vikings’ assistant general manager. “But he don’t bust his ass like he should. He’s got all the physical tools but I wouldn’t even think of it (taking Ogden over Boselli). Ogden’s a better athlete, but he doesn’t have the technique and he doesn’t have near the effort. Ogden is one of those gifted guys that hasn’t worked at it, and he’s a track guy. He spends a lot of the time farting around throwing the shot put.”

The knock on Ogden was his easygoing temperament. Some scouts wanted to see him finish blocks, play angry more often and annihilate the opposition. Newsome, Billick and Ferentz all insist it was a false stereotype of Ogden made by those who weren’t able to witness his competitiveness within the building.

Coming out of UCLA, Ogden didn't appear to be a mauler, either. If he were in this draft maybe you'd nickname him Beanpole while others would say he's too finesse.

https://theathletic.com/2200837/2020...n-ogden-draft/
              What i'm reading there is that Ogden's ceiling was the Moon, he just wasn't a finished product.
              Ogden was a 350 pound mountain, not a beanpole, and I remember him largely considered to be a special player during that draft.

I've heard people compare MHJr to the next coming, Nabers to Jamarr Chase, and Odunze to Larry Fitzgerald;

but attempt to pin down anyone with a comparison of Beanpole and you get the cold shoulder.
              Better than Mike McGlinchey is the most anyone has opined, which is not encouraging when investing a top 5 pick.

I'd just like he hear once someone say that this guy will be a fixture at the pro bowl.

Until then, here's my comp: Alt is the anti-Ogden, a guy whose a finished product with flaws coming out of Notre Dame.

If I could suppress my sarcasm and just be honest, I'd say that there is something about him that worries me more than the top group of RTs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Yeah, I thought it was odd... given the hatred for pff.
                Even more odd... Arjan is a Michigan grad. You would think he saw a few games while there... LOL!
                I actually don't hate PFF.
                They have their place with stats. I find it very useful for snap counts with OL with where their snaps have been in college and WRs for snap counts playing outside and in the slot, etc...for other positions like DBs, etc.

I just don't agree with HOW they come up with some stats because you can't figure in certain situations and game flow situations to come up with real numbers. It's a great concept, but I just don't believe it can work realistically.

Offenses for instance playing in garbage time a lot are going to have unrealistic inflated numbers which also affects defensive players. ...I know you know what I mean. It's why when I do post a PFF grade, I usually say for what it's worth or if you like PFF.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-14-2024, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Seeing the anti receivers people makes me want to puke...
                  Seeing the pro bowers people at #5 makes me wanna puke....
                  It's getting so ridiculous in here that I almost want to wait until after the draft to assess the situation because I just think people have gone nuts beyond common sense...just weird fetishistas in here now with weird Bowers love who think he's the second coming of Gates and Winslow Sr. ...

Gates was undrafted...
                  Winslow was drafted #13 that's 8 spots below 5....

Bowers is just some white dude who ran over lesser talent in college...what happens when his game doesn't pan out to your expectations. Draft him at #11 or just let someone else have this injury train wreck with their high pick....just more chances to draft an impact player in my book at #11. Bowers is not some kind of SECRET SAUCE. LOL! To me this is the very definition of Chargering....
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

He looks like he’s 3 ft tall….in his moms closet…
                    That's a lot of shoes.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                      Seeing the anti receivers people makes me want to puke...
                      Seeing the pro bowers people at #5 makes me wanna puke....
                      It's getting so ridiculous in here that I almost want to wait until after the draft to assess the situation because I just think people have gone nuts beyond common sense...just weird fetishistas in here now with weird Bowers love who think he's the second coming of Gates and Winslow Sr. ...

Gates was undrafted...
                      Winslow was drafted #13 that's 8 spots below 5....

Bowers is just some white dude who ran over lesser talent in college...what happens when his game doesn't pan out to your expectations. Draft him at #11 or just let someone else have this injury train wreck with their high pick....just more chances to draft an impact player in my book at #11. Bowers is not some kind of SECRET SAUCE. LOL! To me this is the very definition of Chargering....
                      I love this place.

There seems to be a general movement towards trashing everyone ..... no one is safe.

I've heard that Fuaga never attends classes at UCLA and that JC Latham is functionally illiterate .... still is on the Dean's list at U. of Alabama.

1. Alt: can't battle his way out of a wet paper bag
                      2. Nabers: a me first, gang banger wannabe, midget slot guy
                      3. Bowers: a midget tight end who plays against inferior talent in the SEC
                      4. Odunze: very nice .... Telesco type of player

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Not sure what sites you were looking at. Nabers has pretty much always been rated higher than Alt. In fact several sites didn't even have Alt as the #1 OT. However Alt is consistently in the top 10, I'll give you that.

Which sites and gurus have Odunze over Nabers? Haven't seen or heard any. The buzz is and has always been that Nabers would be WR1 if
                        MH2 wasn't there.

On the other hand Bowers has slipped down a bit. Some suggest that if NYJ don't take him @10 he'll slip all the way down to 15 to Indy.

This being all talk and conjecture. We have no idea what NFL teams big boards look like, nobody does and at this point many NFL teams are
                        still trying to figure it out.
                        To name one, Daniel Jeremiah has Odunze his #3 prospect and Nabers his #4. Id say it pretty much a preference type thing. I think Odunze does everything well and Nabers doesn't do everything as well. Odunze a much faster Keenan, a smaller MW.

Nabers is more a little slower Tyreek..and saying slower is weird considering he ran a 4.35. perhaps a little bigger Flowers with his YAC. Idk maybe someone else has a better comparison.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

That 2012 draft when Eric Fisher went #1 was weird.

Top collection of 2nd round players were better than the first rounders;
                          top collection of 3rd round players were better than the 2nd rounders: Kelce, Keenan, Tyran Mathieu, Terron Armstead.

Comment

Working...
                          X