• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    I wouldn't waste a pick on Bowers, let some other team over draft him.

Didn't do combine. Didn't do pro day.

I posted my concerns with him were his style of play would not work so well at NFL level. That he would end up on IR.

And he already is having hamstring issues.

Here is some complete conjecture and speculation by me..... Bowers ate and drank his way up to 243lbs. Then he worked to lose the weight of all that extra food/water and ended up getting dehydrated and then pull his hamstring because he wants to be light so he can test under 4.5 40yd dash. And now will wait 3 more weeks to run. If I'm Hortiz, I put him on the don't draft list and let someone else deal with the over hype TE prospect.
    ​​​​
    I think he's been overhyped, for sure. He's a good player, but we'll probably fall short if the plan is to draft Bowers in an attempt to match what the Chiefs have with Mahomes to Kelce. We need to create our own identity.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree... the 2 super elite generational players in this draft are Bowers and Harrison..... and this draft is super deep at WR and OT/OL.....

it would be ideal and awesome to trade down and get Bowers, but, if he drops much lower than our pick at 5, Reid will trade up for him as Kelsey's future replacement.....to ensure their offense is unbeatable.....you can draft great WR's after the first round.....Jets will take Bowers at 10, so we have to take him before that.... taking a tough, fast, dominating, matchup nightmare player who will be the top player at his position for over a decade is not stupid.... Bowers can play TE, big FB, and big WR positions.....
      100%
      Say Ow first mentioned Reid possibly trading up for Bowers Bowers and how Andy is able to scheme his TEs and Halfbacks, it would absolutely be a rebirth of a new version of the Kelce era. Idk how practical a trade up would be for KC but you figure you don't pass up a chance to get a matchup nightmare to pair with Mahomes for the rest of his career.
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

You don't have to waste a first-round pick on a wide receiver, either. There are plenty of examples of great wide receivers lasting beyond the first round. Our very own Keenan Allen was picked in the third.
        You can say that about every single position on the field.

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

100%
          Say Ow first mentioned Reid possibly trading up for Bowers Bowers and how Andy is able to scheme his TEs and Halfbacks, it would absolutely be a rebirth of a new version of the Kelce era. Idk how practical a trade up would be for KC but you figure you don't pass up a chance to get a matchup nightmare to pair with Mahomes for the rest of his career.

KC moved up to #10 to draft Mahommes. You do not want them to obtain arguably the best offensive weapon of the draft on a rookie contract.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

You can say that about every single position on the field.
            Exactly.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I hear zero people outside of here calling Fuaga a great RT prospect, much less a great RT.

You'll probably end up getting a good RT.
              Great RT's don't last until #11.
              Then you been listening to the wrong people.
              Ever heard of Voch Lombardi...?
              Voch Lombardi breaks down film on Oregon State tackle Taliese Fuaga and explains why he's the best run-blocker in the 2024 NFL Draft.Follow Voch:https://twit...

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

you just laid out info that proves great RT's could be found in the 3rd round in a deep draft when you know what you are doing..... you just proved we dont have to waste a 1st round pick on them.... lol
                Wasn't Travis Kelce a 3rd rounder...?
                Hell, the best rookie WR last draft was a 5th rounder...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Speaking of sure-fire, "can't miss" prospects, remember "The Boz?"

image.png
                  Can Not Miss. Just ask Bo.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I hear zero people outside of here calling Fuaga a great RT prospect, much less a great RT.

You'll probably end up getting a good RT.
                    Great RT's don't last until #11.
                    He’s between #2 and #4 on almost every board, you must not listen to many people.

Jim likes the big kid from Bama - Latham. Should be avail at 23, maybe 37 but not a great bet.

I like Jordon Morgan out of AZ as a 2nd/3rd rd RT pick if he wants one.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Well a good RT is better than what we have!

Jakie Slater was drafted in the 3rd round.. Jason Peters went undrafted...Art Shell was drafted in the 3rd round! These are all time great OT's

So RT's could last until pick 11!!!! It's happened before.
                      I think they can get a good RT in Rd 2, 3, maybe 4? Absolutely there will be several RTs still at 11. But any argument about showing a trend that has to reach back to Jackie Slater and Art Shell to prove it is not a very good trend. Some guys here weren’t born when they were drafted.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He’s between #2 and #4 on almost every board, you must not listen to many people.

Jim likes the big kid from Bama - Latham. Should be avail at 23, maybe 37 but not a great bet.

I like Jordon Morgan out of AZ as a 2nd/3rd rd RT pick if he wants one.
                        If Harbaugh isn’t fooling about McFadden playing center, then the two OL picks I see coming are RG and RT. And they could happen in any round IMO.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

If Harbaugh isn’t fooling about McFadden playing center, then the two OL picks I see coming are RG and RT. And they could happen in any round IMO.
                          If we can trade down with the Vikes for #11 and #23, I wouldn't be surprised to see us take Fashnu, Latham or Fuaga @#11, and one of these guys at #23:

image.png

Comment

Working...
                          X