• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrock1970
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2024
    • Send PM

We are going to probably be running some form of power gap scheme with minimal o-line lateral movement. If the players we have are better at holding space/ forward blocks then it will probably be more successful than a zone blocking/ pull & counter scheme....

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I don't agree that RTs are never taken in the first round but RTs are rarely taken in the top 10 picks.

For clarification Sewell was a LT, who was converted to RT because the Lions had Taylor Decker in place. Yes i suppose that could be Alt too, but if Hortiz is at 5, and practices what he is preaching about BPA then Alt will not be the pick at 5 because he is not the BPA at 5 in this draft.

I don't think the Bengals are regretting taking the LSU receiver at 5 over Sewell just as I don't think the Chargers would regret taking an LSU receiver over Alt.
      That's your opinion, and a few websites you can link. It remains to be seen what Harbaugh and Hortiz think.

I don't think the Lions are exactly crying over having Penei Sewell and Amon-Ra St. Brown from that 2021 Draft. Maybe the Bengals would rather have that instead of just Ja'Marr Chase. The offensive lineman the Bengals picked in the second round that year, Jackson Carman, has started six games in three years.

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Disagree about what? that because he ran a pro style offense at UM, his will be the same in LAC? I agree he will have a pro style offense and won't install a spread, pistol, run n shoot, nor option attack style offense; but yeah we sure can disagree that they will be the same.

Deciding to take a WR later because of WR draft depth is a valid argument. Stating that Harbaugh doesn't want great receivers because his UM offense didn't have them and his UM offense was great is logically invalid. And for gods sake - somebody take time to even look up his amazing offense at UM:

Michigan's offense ranked #69 nationally in total yards per game. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...m-offense.html
        His Defense was ranked #1https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...m-defense.html

Now I don't know that Jim wants to take an OT, a WR, a TE, trade down, or a CB. But I am sure he knows that #69 offense will not win jack shit in the NFL
        The offense was ranked #14 nationally in points per game. I'm pretty sure he knows that will win in the nfl.
        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Jrock1970
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2024
          • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

100% true... But the offenses when he was here were always really good, even at times when the OL was bad.

Linsley has been one of the best Cs to play for the Chargers and Slater was an all-pro. They couldn't do it on their own, either. The defense has to step up and this team needs to draft well in the mid to late rounds to bring in more talent on both sides of the ball.
          True....100%. So now we need a really good outside corner, a really good linebacker, a decent nickle, a very good NT and really could use at least 1 decent edge. 🙏 we can get most of that .....plus some depth this year😁

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

LSU Pro Day

3) Can Malik Nabers vault Marvin Harrison Jr.? The QB debate has been hot for some time -- and now the battle for WR1 honors is seriously heating up.

For some time, public perception has held that Ohio State WR Marvin Harrison Jr. is the top wideout in the 2024 draft class, but there are talent evaluators with NFL teams who believe Nabers deserves to be the first one picked.

Neither receiver worked out at the NFL Scouting Combine. But unlike Harrison, who opted not to work out at the Buckeyes' pro day, Nabers put on a show at his.

Nabers measured in at 6-foot 1/4 and 199 pounds, with 31 3/8-inch arms and 9 7/8- inch hands. Those figures are about what were expected. But his workout numbers jumped off the page. In the vertical jump, he registered 42 inches, which would have tied for fifth-best at the combine among all positions -- and it was just half an inch below the top mark in 2024. His broad jump of 10-foot-9 was less awe-inspiring, yet still would have been good for the sixth-best number when compared to combine jumps made by other receivers.

The 40-yard dash was where Nabers left his mark. He ran unofficial times of 4.35 and 4.40 seconds, which should solidify him as the elite athlete most suspected he was. Even still, Nabers thought he ran much faster on his first attempt than the number that scouts settled on.
            4.28 fix it!!!!

— Malik (@whyguard13) March 27, 2024

Nabers had dinner with the Giants on Tuesday night, meeting with the Patriots, Titans, Jets and Jaguars earlier in the day, according to Wolfe. A likely top-10 pick, Nabers was also expected to meet with the Cardinals after his workout.

Could Nabers go before Harrison? It's possible. And if you ask Nabers, he believes that's the way it should be, as the self-proclaimed top receiver in the 2024 class.

"I'm always the one that I'll say I'm the best," Nabers told Wolfe after the workout. "We all got that chip on our shoulder that we're the best. The main thing I came out here [is] to set the record straight, that I'm the best.

"My coaches told me all year it was going to come down to this day to show what I was made of."

Nabers admitted he was antsy to showcase his remarkable skills in front of the NFL. He didn't need to be at LSU's team facility until 8 a.m. but told Wolfe he woke up at 5 and couldn't go back to sleep.

"I was ready to get out here. It was just that feeling that I had that I was going to do something special today," he said. "I let just my energy talk, my heart talk when I was out there on the field."
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

Matt Money Smith alluded to the FO re signing Palmer now. He even went so far as to exclaim, “Don’t wait. Cause they will get a discount if they sign him now…”
              They could,....maybe should, but they do have time. Maybe wait to see who they draft. Maybe even till after TC to see how the rookie WR or rookies pick up things and how they are performing. But if they like him, sure. Doesn't mean we can't draft recievers that might be better. Let QJ compete with the rookie(s).

QJ may have been a 3rd rounder in this draft.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They could,....maybe should, but they do have time. Maybe wait to see who they draft. Maybe even till after TC to see how the rookie WR or rookies pick up things and how they are performing. But if they like him, sure. Doesn't mean we can't draft recievers that might be better. Let QJ compete with the rookie(s).

QJ may have been a 3rd rounder in this draft.
                He also hinted that the FO and Slater are trying to work out an extension.
                That one makes perfect sense to me and there’s no reason to wait on that if they can do it comfortably.
                Matt brought these up right after discussing the loss of Keenan. He didn’t explicitly say that the reason they let Keenan go was to resign these guys but it was noticeable that he talked about them in unison with the news Keenan was gone.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Our old friend Geoff Schwartz

OL Expert Geoff Schwartz comes on to predict the lineman the 49ers will try to pick... and if they should trade up for their best fit.MANSCAPED.com Promo Cod...
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

you do real eyes that Odunze would be the third wideout drafted to spell/replace MW.... Palmer (contractual hedge), QJ, and now Rome, and.... don't disagree that not only might he be a better fit in our O/scheme, and.... won't be surprised if the both of he and Malik are the better NFL wideouts than Marvin ??
                    I have heard Daniel Jeremiah say multiple times that Odunze is his favorite receiver in the draft.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Interesting. The Giants say publicly they are all in on Daniel Jones, but privately it is rumored they are done with Jones. This seems to support the latter.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Interesting. The Giants say publicly they are all in on Daniel Jones, but privately it is rumored they are done with Jones. This seems to support the latter.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...rthy-on-sunday
                        I'm starting to see rumors about teams trading into the Top 5 for McCarthy, and if so? Good things will happen for the Chargers.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I have heard Daniel Jeremiah say multiple times that Odunze is his favorite receiver in the draft.
                          Odunze is described as the most complete. Runs every route, does everything well. More importantly, he has that Jerry Rice-level Will to Win. Absolutely no quit in the guy. Part of what I read into all this is: No prima donna in him at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X