• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If I'm trading #5 to the Jets, I'll want #10, #72, #111 AND next year's 2nd rounder...remember that trades for next year's picks are usually discounted by about half...PLUS a top-5 pick brings a premium...so the numbers match up fairly well...

image.png
    The Jets just can't do that.
    Their next pick would be at 134 !
    Last edited by Maniaque 6; 03-27-2024, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

The Jets just can't do that.
      Their 1st pick would be at 134 !
      No, their first pick would be @#5...if they don't like it...take a hike...I'd still rather get a 2nd or late 1st rounder for trading down from #5...

Comment

• Icebolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

According to the Trade Value Chart, the Jets' trade would require 400 points to get from #10 to #5.
        According to the Trade Value Chart, that's what a 2nd round pick is worth. Since the Jets don't have a 2nd round pick in 2024, that would mean a 2nd round pick from 2025 draft. It's just simple Math... there are no snacks needed.

Personally, I'd take the Jets 3rd rounder this year and their 2025 3rd rounder. We wouldn't be getting over-value from a Jets trade (since they'd be going after Joe Alt most likely). Obviously, the Vikings trade would bring more... because trade-ups for QB's typically demand an over-pay.

Getting any extra draft pick is smart... especially when you're probably targeting a specific guy @#10 or #11 anyways (Fuaga). Why wouldn't you take the extra picks...? It's just smart.
        I'm glad your not the GM. A 2nd rounder this year means a 1sr rounder next year. Jets will have a good record and it will not be a high 1st rounder.
        I would settle for a 3 or 4 this year plus the #1 next year.

Comment

• Chargers8491
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I wouldn't call MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, or Bowers "a wasted pick". Deservedly, they are all ranked in the top-15. Most of them will be gone by the #11 pick. But you are right about Michigan's offense. Their WR's and TE's are not elite. Ronnie Bell went in the 7th round last year. I'd be surprised to see Roman Wilson go before the 3rd round. Cornelius Johnson might go in the 5th round. AJ Barner looks like a 6th rounder. Colston Loveland might be a 3rd or 4th rounder next year...

The point being... you don't need a 1st round WR or TE to run what Harbaugh/Roman do. They would probably be under-utilized in this offensive system. Pair that with the fact that they're checking out WR's that project in the 4th round... and you can make well-informed guesses about certain positions.

Roman Wilson had 40 receptions in the regular season... same with Cornelius Johnson and Colston Loveland. They spread the ball around. "Everyone gets fed" Harbaugh says. I'm sorry, but we already have those guys on roster with Joshua Palmer, QJ, and Hayden Hurst. We'll draft depth at those positions IMO. And there are some nice prospects in the 4th and 5th rounds (WR's and TE's).

Statements and actions suggest that OT is probably a good bet in the 1st round. The fact that they are also interested in LB Cooper (projected around pick #23) also suggests that a Vikings trade-back is also a good bet.

Dudes are just having a tough time letting go of their faves...
          Absolutely agree with the "wasted pick" comment. It was basically a counter to Critty. You can make that argument for any player in the first round. People fall in love with player and can get emotional. I've learned over the years not to get too emotional over a player when it comes to draft time. I just look at who "EYE" think would be good fit.

I wouldn't be disappointed at all if they stay @ #5 and took a WR. IMHO, Odunze would be the best pick of the 3 for the CHARGERS. I believe he would a very good compliment to QJ. Odunze would be MWs replacement. They way he goes up for contested balls reminds me of MW. Also, he would be a RZ nightmare.

Here is the thing about if they stay @ #5 and pick, they should take whoever they have #1 on their board regardless of who it is minus QB. I wouldn't worry too much about cap because it will work itself out in the end. In other words, if they would take a player at #11 then just take him at #5. The value will work itself out.

1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
          2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
          2b- #37 Jenkins DT
          3a- #66 Puni OT
          3b- #69 Sainristill CB
          4a- #105 Rice WR
          4b- #110 Lloyd RB
          5- #140 Green CB
          6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Chargers8491
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2022
            • Send PM

If I'm trading #5 to the Jets, I'll want #10, #72, #111 AND next year's 2nd rounder...remember that trades for next year's picks are usually discounted by about half...PLUS a top-5 pick brings a premium...so the numbers match up fairly well...

image.png
            IMHO, if QB's go first 4 picks that leaves a fight for the top WRs on the board. I could see the Giant's wanting to move up 1 pick to get their WR and then another team wanting to move up to get of the last 2. In other words, we could see a run of the top 3 WR's from picks 5-7. In this case you could see the Chargers trade down twice maybe three times. I mean just look at the teams 5-10. They could all use one of the top 3 wrs.
            2b- #37 Jenkins DT
            3a- #66 Puni OT
            3b- #69 Sainristill CB
            4a- #105 Rice WR
            4b- #110 Lloyd RB
            5- #140 Green CB
            6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

IMHO, if QB's go first 4 picks that leaves a fight for the top WRs on the board. I could see the Giant's wanting to move up 1 pick to get their WR and then another team wanting to move up to get of the last 2. In other words, we could see a run of the top 3 WR's from picks 5-7. In this case you could see the Chargers trade down twice maybe three times. I mean just look at the teams 5-10. They could all use one of the top 3 wrs.
              If the Gnats want to move up one slot, I'll want #70. If they squawk, toss them a bone with our 7th rounder...our LATE 7th rounder...

image.png

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

If the Gnats want to move up one slot, I'll want #70. If they squawk, toss them a bone with our 7th rounder...

image.png
                Definitely would take #70, but we did hear Harbaugh say the chart goes out the window if that scenario happens. A team is getting the 1st pick of the draft so I'm guessing there will be a "tax" even though they are moving up 1 spot. Plus I'm sure they will be getting offers from teams in the top 10. Chargers are really in a good spot know matter what happens with the top 4 picks.

2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Giants appear to want a QB. Top 5 picks may get very interesting.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I wouldn't waste a pick a MHJ, Odunze, or Nabers. It would be a wasted pick. They can find a WR later in the draft to fit Harbaughs offense. Look what he did at Michigan. They didn't have the greatest WRs and still won the Natty.
                    separating the question on if a WR in Rd 2, or 3, or ? would be good enough, as that is possible - folks should stop equating Harbaugh's Michigan offense (e.g. NCAA) to success in the NFL. Harbaugh's UM doesn't have any Rd1 WRs in this draft, this is true. But guess what, they also do not have any Rd 1 or Rd2 OL players in this draft. the same theory for WR applies to OL. But wait - they also don't have a Rd1 RB. They don't have a Rd1 TE. I don't see any Rd 1 offensive players from UM, definitely not Top 11. They have a Rd1 QB, but thats more that he is a QB than he's a top talent. He either is sneaky good or he's a mirage - tbd until someone drafts him in Rd1 and we see him play.

If that is not enough proof that NCAA sucess is not NFL, I'll offer Exhibit B:

Tim Tebow won a Heisman and TWO national championships at FLA
                    2007 Gators: 2 Rd1 picks: DE Jarvis Moss, S Reggie Nelson, no offense player. 3 total picks, 2 DE, 1 S
                    2009 Gators: 1 Rd1 pick - Percy Harvin (WR). 3 total picks in draft: 2 WR, 1 TE.

No OL player from either FLA Natty team taken in the entire draft.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

I didn't see anything posted here about Nabers pro day. Really explosive numbers.

6'0"
                      199lbs
                      4.33-4.35 40 time
                      42" vertical
                      10' 9" broad jump

Feel free to delete if it's already been posted.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

separating the question on if a WR in Rd 2, or 3, or ? would be good enough, as that is possible - folks should stop equating Harbaugh's Michigan offense (e.g. NCAA) to success in the NFL. Harbaugh's UM doesn't have any Rd1 WRs in this draft, this is true. But guess what, they also do not have any Rd 1 or Rd2 OL players in this draft. the same theory for WR applies to OL. But wait - they also don't have a Rd1 RB. They don't have a Rd1 TE. I don't see any Rd 1 offensive players from UM, definitely not Top 11. They have a Rd1 QB, but thats more that he is a QB than he's a top talent. He either is sneaky good or he's a mirage - tbd until someone drafts him in Rd1 and we see him play.

2007 Gators: 2 Rd1 picks: DE Jarvis Moss, S Reggie Nelson, no offense player. 3 total picks, 2 DE, 1 S
                        2009 Gators: 1 Rd1 pick - Percy Harvin (WR). 3 total picks in draft: 2 WR, 1 TE.

I posted above about that comment. I would just add, IMHO, Bowers is the better fit for Harbaugh's offense but if they go WR with #5 because the WR is rated higher on their draft board I'm all for it. It would be a lot different for me if the WR class wasn't as deep this year.
                        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                        3a- #66 Puni OT
                        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                        4a- #105 Rice WR
                        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                        5- #140 Green CB
                        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Well Mac, u just made a good case that Harbo is elite at coaching up average to slightly above average players...so maybe he and Trader Joe still trade down, but shore up our line issues, both O and D, and then go BPA...

Comment

Working...
                          X