• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers8491
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    I wouldn't waste a pick on Bowers, let some other team over draft him.

Didn't do combine. Didn't do pro day.

I posted my concerns with him were his style of play would not work so well at NFL level. That he would end up on IR.

And he already is having hamstring issues.

Here is some complete conjecture and speculation by me..... Bowers ate and drank his way up to 243lbs. Then he worked to lose the weight of all that extra food/water and ended up getting dehydrated and then pull his hamstring because he wants to be light so he can test under 4.5 40yd dash. And now will wait 3 more weeks to run. If I'm Hortiz, I put him on the don't draft list and let someone else deal with the over hype TE prospect.
    ​​​​
    I wouldn't waste a pick a MHJ, Odunze, or Nabers. It would be a wasted pick. They can find a WR later in the draft to fit Harbaughs offense. Look what he did at Michigan. They didn't have the greatest WRs and still won the Natty.
    1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
    2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
    2b- #37 Jenkins DT
    3a- #66 Puni OT
    3b- #69 Sainristill CB
    4a- #105 Rice WR
    4b- #110 Lloyd RB
    5- #140 Green CB
    6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

They might be thinking about OT's in the 3rd round... but they are showing interest in 1st round OT's (Alt, Fuaga, and Latham). Alt is regularly mocked around #5 and Latham gets mocked anywhere between 11 and 18. Fuaga regularly mocks between #5 and #11. Personally, I like Amarius Mims more than Latham... and would be happy if they drafted Mims @#11 (if Fuaga is gone by #11). Whatever the case, they seem to be investing time into the 1st round tackles.

Meanwhile, they also seem to be interested in 4th round RB's and WR's.
      Last edited by Boltnut; 03-27-2024, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Horitz planning for anything lol.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
          They might be thinking about OT's in the 3rd round... but they are showing interest in 1st round OT's (Alt, Fuaga, and Latham). Alt is regularly mocked around #5 and Latham gets mocked anywhere between 11 and 18. Fuaga regularly mocks between #5 and #11. Personally, I like Amarius Mims more than Latham... and would be happy if they drafted Mims @#11 (if Fuaga is gone by #11). Whatever the case, they seem to be investing time into the 1st round tackles.

Meanwhile, they also seem to be interested in 4th round RB's and WR's.
          If Jim is set on RT in the first, gets stuck at 5, but likes Latham or Fuaga as a better fit...he will take them. And Ill laugh.

Now people are gonna come on here and say thats stupid, or that they would never be that dumb...

I say, fans make plans...and Harbaugh laughs...
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Trade down for the Jet's 2025 2nd round pick?

Did Jeremiah include Ritz cracker and cheese spread in the deal?
            According to the Trade Value Chart, the Jets' trade would require 400 points to get from #10 to #5.
            According to the Trade Value Chart, that's what a 2nd round pick is worth. Since the Jets don't have a 2nd round pick in 2024, that would mean a 2nd round pick from 2025 draft. It's just simple Math... there are no snacks needed.

Personally, I'd take the Jets 3rd rounder this year and their 2025 3rd rounder. We wouldn't be getting over-value from a Jets trade (since they'd be going after Joe Alt most likely). Obviously, the Vikings trade would bring more... because trade-ups for QB's typically demand an over-pay.

Getting any extra draft pick is smart... especially when you're probably targeting a specific guy @#10 or #11 anyways (Fuaga). Why wouldn't you take the extra picks...? It's just smart.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

If Jim is set on RT in the first, gets stuck at 5, but likes Latham or Fuaga as a better fit...he will take them. And Ill laugh.

Now people are gonna come on here and say thats stupid, or that they would never be that dumb...

I say, fans make plans...and Harbaugh laughs...
              If Jim "gets stuck @#5" he'll just take Joe Alt, be happy, and move on to the 2nd round... knowing that he got the 2nd best non-QB prospect in the draft with the #5 pick. Easy-peasy.

I mean, they didn't meet with Alt for no reason.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

Here is a draft gem likely UDFA to keep an eye on. Mason Pline, TE, Furman. He is 6'7, 260 lbs. He played basketball first 3 seasons at Ferris State then left the basketball program to play football at Ferris State. He entered the transfer portal as a graduate transfer with one more year of eligibility. Pline transferred to Furman in May 2023 and began the season as the Paladins’ starting tight end. His 2023 stats at Furman: 13 GP, 32 rec, 287yds, 4 TDs. Not impressive but it is Furman..lol.

There is not a lot of highlights on him so good luck looking but I will post a link that has some highlights but not much.

Mason Pline - 2023 - Football - Furman University (furmanpaladins.com)

Edit** Found some more highlights to look at:

MASON PLINE 2023 FURMAN CATCHES - YouTube
                Last edited by Chargers8491; 03-27-2024, 08:30 AM.
                1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I wouldn't waste a pick a MHJ, Odunze, or Nabers. It would be a wasted pick. They can find a WR later in the draft to fit Harbaughs offense. Look what he did at Michigan. They didn't have the greatest WRs and still won the Natty.
                  I wouldn't call MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, or Bowers "a wasted pick". Deservedly, they are all ranked in the top-15. Most of them will be gone by the #11 pick. But you are right about Michigan's offense. Their WR's and TE's are not elite. Ronnie Bell went in the 7th round last year. I'd be surprised to see Roman Wilson go before the 3rd round. Cornelius Johnson might go in the 5th round. AJ Barner looks like a 6th rounder. Colston Loveland might be a 3rd or 4th rounder next year...

The point being... you don't need a 1st round WR or TE to run what Harbaugh/Roman do. They would probably be under-utilized in this offensive system. Pair that with the fact that they're checking out WR's that project in the 4th round... and you can make well-informed guesses about certain positions.

Roman Wilson had 40 receptions in the regular season... same with Cornelius Johnson and Colston Loveland. They spread the ball around. "Everyone gets fed" Harbaugh says. I'm sorry, but we already have those guys on roster with Joshua Palmer, QJ, and Hayden Hurst. We'll draft depth at those positions IMO. And there are some nice prospects in the 4th and 5th rounds (WR's and TE's).

Statements and actions suggest that OT is probably a good bet in the 1st round. The fact that they are also interested in LB Cooper (projected around pick #23) also suggests that a Vikings trade-back is also a good bet.

Dudes are just having a tough time letting go of their faves...

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post

I hear you. Build OL, run the ball, give Herbert time to make plays and play great defense. Trade down if they can get #11 and #23 would be a great way to get 2 plug and play starters added to team. OL and Defensive Player.
                    However, I would have a very very hard time passing up on MHJ if he was there at #5. The kid is just that good. He beats double teams. That is special when they try to take him away with an extra defender and he still cannot be contained.

However I would be shocked to see Arizona move out of #4 and pass on MHJ. They want to pass the ball and they need WR badly. He should be #1 WR on every GM list and top 5 blue chip prospect in this draft. If they are happy with one of top 3 WR, they risk not getting any of them if they trade back a bit too far. Is it worth the risk. Are they ok getting whoever is left of their favorite WR or would they just prefer to draft their star WR at #4 and get their guy. I think that is what they do.

If MHJ is there at #5 and he is Joe Hortiz #1 prospect on his draft board. I think he takes him.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

According to the Trade Value Chart, the Jets' trade would require 400 points to get from #10 to #5.
                      According to the Trade Value Chart, that's what a 2nd round pick is worth. Since the Jets don't have a 2nd round pick in 2024, that would mean a 2nd round pick from 2025 draft. It's just simple Math... there are no snacks needed.

Personally, I'd take the Jets 3rd rounder this year and their 2025 3rd rounder. We wouldn't be getting over-value from a Jets trade (since they'd be going after Joe Alt most likely). Obviously, the Vikings trade would bring more... because trade-ups for QB's typically demand an over-pay.

Getting any extra draft pick is smart... especially when you're probably targeting a specific guy @#10 or #11 anyways (Fuaga). Why wouldn't you take the extra picks...? It's just smart.
                      If I'm trading #5 to the Jets, I'll want #10, #72, #111 AND next year's 2nd rounder...remember that trades for next year's picks are usually discounted by about half...PLUS a top-5 pick brings a premium...so the numbers match up fairly well...

image.png

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I wouldn't call MHJ, Nabers, Odunze, or Bowers "a wasted pick". Deservedly, they are all ranked in the top-15. Most of them will be gone by the #11 pick. But you are right about Michigan's offense. Their WR's and TE's are not elite. Ronnie Bell went in the 7th round last year. I'd be surprised to see Roman Wilson go before the 3rd round. Cornelius Johnson might go in the 5th round. AJ Barner looks like a 6th rounder. Colston Loveland might be a 3rd or 4th rounder next year...

The point being... you don't need a 1st round WR or TE to run what Harbaugh/Roman do. They would probably be under-utilized in this offensive system. Pair that with the fact that they're checking out WR's that project in the 4th round... and you can make well-informed guesses about certain positions.

Roman Wilson had 40 receptions in the regular season... same with Cornelius Johnson and Colston Loveland. They spread the ball around. "Everyone gets fed" Harbaugh says. I'm sorry, but we already have those guys on roster with Joshua Palmer, QJ, and Hayden Hurst. We'll draft depth at those positions IMO. And there are some nice prospects in the 4th and 5th rounds (WR's and TE's).

Statements and actions suggest that OT is probably a good bet in the 1st round. The fact that they are also interested in LB Cooper (projected around pick #23) also suggests that a Vikings trade-back is also a good bet.

Dudes are just having a tough time letting go of their faves...
                        If four QBs go in the first four picks, I’ll believe Harbaugh passes on MHJ when I see it.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

The NFL pundit universe is jumping in on the opining that Harbaugh is praising his college QB in order to get what he wants from the #5 pick. I sometimes wonder if pundits read fan boards, because I came to this conclusion a few days ago and posted about here, before I heard any of the pundits start picking it up. lol

Jim Harbaugh singing the praises of J.J. McCarthy | Pro Football Talk | NFL on NBC

Comment

Working...
                          X