• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Berserker76
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

A tight end that can block and move the sticks is just what Herbert needs to take his game to the next level. He would thrive with a TE like Gates. A good TE would help open up the long game, too. OL help is a need as well, but am hoping we can get a good OL coach to pull this group together, don't think they are collectively as bad as they have been playing.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Marvin.... no trade up,
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        Right now only Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are projected to go in the top 7. But as the draft gets closer I think a couple of QBs are going to rise, the Chargers may be able to trade down a few spots and still get a coveted player and pick up an extra 2nd and maybe a 3rd.
        I am normally not a trade down guy, but we have so many needs and picks #5 to #10 could all bring us a highly needed player, and extra pick(s). if we have a shot at Harrison, i think we just take him. picking at #5 sets up a possible huge trade down to #8 to #10. we will need artificial intelligence for all the mock draft scenarios between now and the draft. I think it depends if Bowers as seen as the "can't miss" difference maker or not. this is going to be wild.

Comment

• TTThunder
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

No trading up.

Pick the player that can contribute the most to the team in his first year - no project.

PS. I wouldn't have picked Q last year...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Hilarious is people wanting the Chargers to tank and have a top 5 pick badly, but will complain about who we pick. We're here now where people wanted, at the 5th spot.

Said tight end has potential to be a really good tight end. An elite one.
            there are so many possibilities, it is crazy. the great part about pick #5 is that we probably control our own destiny on Bowers and Nabers, and can also pull off a small trade down for extra picks.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              Sit tight and take Bowers and be set at TE for 10-15 years, watch him rejuvenate Herbert's career.

Don't overthink this.

And definitely don't take a RT at #5, LOL

​
              But Herbert issue didn't seem to be weapons, it was having a clean pocket to throw from.

They need multiple OL. Could add Left Tackle.
              Slater is in final year of contract in 2024. It's a new GM/HC building their roster. They have the franchise QB and that's about it. Slater could change positions to RT. Best 5 OL.

​​​​​
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

But Herbert issue didn't seem to be weapons, it was having a clean pocket to throw from.

Slater is in final year of contract in 2024. It's a new GM/HC building their roster. They have the franchise QB and that's about it. Slater could change positions to RT. Best 5 OL.

​​​​
                So hard to find an elite OLT that I can almost guarantee you, Slater isn't going anywhere.
                not to another team and not to ROT.
                He will be paid this offseason to start at LOT fornthefor the next 5 years as he should be.
                Slater is probably as big a reason for Jim coming as Herbert.
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                  Marvin.... no trade up,
                  What's funny is that I have a feeling that WILL happen.

4 QBs and we select MH2.

My plan would be to target Bowers at 5 unless MH2 slips to us or if we got an absolutely insane offer to trade down.
                  I'm talking, "unprecedented insane" aka fucking coo-coo.
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Disco Volante View Post
                    Herbert can throw to anyone. Blessing in disguise we dont have to take harrison. Id pick alt but be fine with trading down. Cant believe people want a tight end at 5. Hilarious.
                    lol no Herbert cant throw to anyone. What team have you been watching??? Not the one with no explosive playmakers that runs an easy to defend dink and dunk offense that went 5-12 partly because Herbert could never egineer game winning drives in the 5 chances he had?

Herbert is a talented QB but he doesnt walk on water. Reality has set in. He needs playmakers like Chase, Hill, Cee Dee, Kelce, etc like the other top successful QBs have. And FFS give this offense some speed.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

​​​​
                      I’m highly suspicious of anyone who watched this plow horse offense that completely lacks explosive plays say the issue isn’t weapons

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

So hard to find an elite OLT that I can almost guarantee you, Slater isn't going anywhere.
                        not to another team and not to ROT.
                        He will be paid this offseason to start at LOT fornthefor the next 5 years as he should be.
                        Slater is probably as big a reason for Jim coming as Herbert.
                        Slater played 26 games at RT in college so he can play well over there. Alt should have a great career as a franchise left tackle. Why not have book end OTs for JH10. Trying to figure out the OL that has holes later in draft. No thanks. Who plays RT. Pipkins again. No way. He won't make the 53 man roster next year. The next HC isn't keeping him as the starter.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I’m highly suspicious of anyone who watched this plow horse offense that completely lacks explosive plays say the issue isn’t weapons
                          Allen, Williams, Palmer, QJ, D.Davis
                          I would think Andy Reid would trade player for player everyone of his WRs for Chargers unit. But he would only trade 1 OL the Left Tackle for Slater. Andy is not trading any of the other 4 OL

There's only 1 football. Perhaps if they had better OL play then Herbert could make a few more throws. And rush game get some more yards. It's nice to add more weapons. But Chargers Oline needs help.

Comment

Working...
                          X