• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Icebolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2023
    • Send PM

I just so glad and looking forward to this draft! You never know what to get from TT and JohnBoy.
    It will be a different approach and by a coach who knows what he wants. Whoever they take I'll looking forward to it.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. There are many mistakes made by Daniel Jeremiah on his 2023 Top-50 list.
      He had Darnel Washington @#25 over Sam LaPorta @#42.
      He had Joey Porter @#20 (correct) but Quentin Johnson (30) over Brian Branch (31). I did not make that mistake.
      He had many pass-rushers like Tyree Wilson (4), Lukas Van Ness (14), Nolan Smith (18), Myles Murphy (23), Will McDonald, Keion White (28) and Felix Anudike-Uzomah (32) all ranked as 1st rounders. Meanwhile, Tuli Tuipoltu wasn't in his Top-50 players.
      He had Bryce Young as his #1 and CJ Stroud at #7 (only a couple of spots above Dalton Kincaid @#9).

Let's just say that I take the experts and their rankings with a large grain of salt. Meanwhile, I see coaches like Harbaugh, Kirby Smart, and Brian Kelley stay the hell away from Kool-Aid and go after Terrion Arnold (Jeremiah's #12). To further drive Jeremiah's mistake... watch LSU vs Alabama game. Malik Nabers (#6) went against Kool-Aid (10 snaps) and accrued 0 catches for 0 yards. This was a game that he caught 10 catches for 172 yards... mostly against Jeremiah's #12 (Arnold).

I don't know what more I can tell you about Kool-Aid. You'll have to watch the full games for yourself.
      Speaking of opinions, yesterdays CBS mock didn't even have him as the highest drafted corner from Bama! 😜

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
        BTW... I'm not locked-in on Kool-Aid @#8 or #10. I am open to OT's, WR's and DE's too. I even have Brock in my top-12.
        Attaboy! How about Brock at 8?

And i do understand there are many roster holes and many good players and ways to go in this draft. I am just really into having a balling stud at TE, something Herbert has never had. I should confess Gates is my favorite Charger of all time. Watching Winslow wasn't too shabby either.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

And i do understand there are many roster holes and many good players and ways to go in this draft. I am just really into having a balling stud at TE, something Herbert has never had. I should confess Gates is my favorite Charger of all time. Watching Winslow wasn't too shabby either.
          Not that he was an elite player, but I always liked Brandon Manumaleuna. Dude was a stud blocker, and more than adequate as a receiver.. A guy with Manu's skill set shouldn't be hard to find in the 4th round.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Sure! I've said all along that he's in my top-12. My numbers 5-12 are even IMO.
            But get the extra picks... and don't forget to build the defense.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Speaking of opinions, yesterdays CBS mock didn't even have him as the highest drafted corner from Bama! 😜

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

This mock draft has us drafting Toledo cornerback Quinyon Mitchell in the first round. Never heard of him.

As the NFL postseason barrels toward the Super Bowl, this 2024 NFL Mock Draft gets the offseason excitement going with a huge trade.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

3 Questions,

Do you think either of these tackles are in the class of Sewell?

Top 5 worthy? Higher rated tackle Sewell didn't go in top 5, and in fact it is safe to say the Bengals did very well by taking a skill position weapon for Burrow over a tackle. Herbert having a weapon that can take a 5 yard pass 60 yards would change our offense more than a tackle

Do you spend a top 5 pick on a right tackle?
                  Burrow has been beaten to death so far. I think investing in the OL would have done them good.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

At #5 Bowers or MHJ! Those are probably the highest ceiling players in the top 5! Have to believe MHJ may tell the Cardinals he's not interested in playing there with the desire to play in LA with our HC & QB instead!
                    I don’t trust the Cards to not screw up the pick. MHJ is in play at #5 IMO.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                      This mock draft has us drafting Toledo cornerback Quinyon Mitchell in the first round. Never heard of him.
                      Crazy pick at 5, could see him at 37 though if he lasts

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I don’t trust the Cards to not screw up the pick. MHJ is in play at #5 IMO.
                        Damn that kicker!

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                          Uh oh, don't look now... Bowers is all the way down to #18.

Comment

Working...
                          X