• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

That still doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling about how you're getting to ROI. Maybe I don't understand your terminology. ROI = Return on Investment.
    Investment = money. Return = performance. With that in mind Gates would be #1, as he was a UDFA who turned into one of the best TEs all time.

Award winners do not impress me. Yards, catches, TDs, blocking, tackling, interceptions, sacks, pressure those are the things that count and should
    determine ROI.

What do you say?
    If I include all TEs then there is no condition. And the ROI when drafting any player at any position then shifts to something completely different.

Return on investment of a draft pick used on prospect who was also a college award winner.

It interesting to me how the best TE in college often was a JAG at next level. Where the award winner for best college LB was a very good to great starter. It's not complicated. It's just another piece of information after actually watching them play. Like review combine pro day information. Medical information. It means the consensus is they were the best at their position. Why would TE not translate at the same rate as LB for award winners and best at their spot? I have no idea. Seems to be a trend.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• SAY OW 55
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah Wilson is good but he is kinda injury prone in a 12 game season.in college. Very good player though.

Id be fine with Bowers at 5. Not sure he is there at 11. I don't care about his contract. His second contrsct will be much cheaper than Nabers.will.
      Great take.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Familiarity with Minter's scheme can't be over stated imo because that's basically the system we're committed to for the next 3 plus years
        Colson and Sainristil's and to a lesser degree Jenkins have a huge advantage.
        slotting is the problem for me but if we can snatch away both Colson and Sainrisil, I'm one happy guy.
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Familiarity with Minter's scheme can't be over stated imo because that's basically the system we're committed to for the next 3 plus years
          slotting is the problem for me but if we can snatch away both Colson and Sainrisil, I'm one happy guy.
          A previous relationship with Minter will make adjustment to LAC easier I'd expect. That said there will be a LAC D with it's own language One obvious difference, a pair of elite NFL edge rushers are something he never had before but will take advantage of.
          not to mention others such as DJ, etc. Should be interesting. Staley couldn't figure out how to play team ball with 11 players fully engaged. That'll be a big part of Minter D. Get everyone on the same page.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            I completely agree with this. We would be lucky to get 2 out of those 3. I also agree that Colson and Sainristil would help the most. I do think Colson, Sainristil and Jenkins all go in the 2nd.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

If I include all TEs then there is no condition. And the ROI when drafting any player at any position then shifts to something completely different.

Return on investment of a draft pick used on prospect who was also a college award winner.

It interesting to me how the best TE in college often was a JAG at next level. Where the award winner for best college LB was a very good to great starter. It's not complicated. It's just another piece of information after actually watching them play. Like review combine pro day information. Medical information. It means the consensus is they were the best at their position. Why would TE not translate at the same rate as LB for award winners and best at their spot? I have no idea. Seems to be a trend.
              Looks about 50% for both going back 10 years for LB and TE.

But really who cares. I only mentioned the Mackey award because no TE has ever won it twice til now and it's because they arent studs right away. I've never mentioned award winners before because it really don't mean much. Look at all the Heisman busts.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Minter plays a system.
                We need players that will stay in their lane.
                We don't need these all world athletes y'all are touting.
                I want OL beef dammit.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

don't know if anyone's posted this link yet, and.... cool beans !!

NFL Draft Day Predictor - ESPN Analytics

Bo Nix @23 ?? !! if Minny don't, does that mean we are expected to ??
                  T'Vondre is late 40s/into the 50s now.... not quite to 69 quite yet
                  Kool Aid def in play @23, w/outside shot to be there @37
                  Byron Murphy likely off the board by 23, Jer'Zhan decent shot to be there still
                  Taliese most likely to Raiders/Saints, first chance to Jets @10 ??
                  pretty much ditto for Fashanu, albeit chance to Chitown before that....
                  good chance Latu is off board just before 23, and if you want Verse gotta get him @11
                  Latham thick w/it in the teens, w/first call @9 to Bears (not likely me thinx) ??
                  Terrion Arnold first chance @10, but a mid teener for most part ??
                  Brock seems he's a Jet, unless Bears nab him, or we do @11
                  Fautanu off before 23 in late teens ??
                  Odunze unlikely to still be on board @11, w/5 his first shot @leaving the green room
                  Malik (heavy) fave to be a Charger, albeit Marvin is close to 50/50 shot as we!! ??

Jonathan Brooks gonna have to be @37, w/Corum 'n Benson better bets @69, and MarShawn your gambit round 4 ??
                  Graham Barton likely gone by 37, but Suamataia a consideration there, if not a slight reach
                  Braden Fiske or Kris Jenkins looks like you'd need to nab them by 37, and w/Orhorhoro a chance @69
                  Leggette or McConkey are longshots @37, and w/Keon Coleman the first in line there
                  Pearsall is a better bet @37, but could be there @69, and ditto for Troy Franklin
                  Rice might be there @105, but couldn't count on the such, and Javon Baker/JaLynn Polk look like 69ers
                  Jermaine Burton could end up being a risky day three/round four gambit

Kamari Lassiter and Tyler Nubin have decent odds to be there @37, and Cole Bishop perhaps @69
                  CBs that might be there @69 are Cam Hart or Sainristil.... Andru Phillips off the board before the fourth more than likely
                  JPJ is a better bet @23, than taking your chances @37
                  Bralen Trice is 37 guy, and a longshot @69
                  Cedric Gray looks like a good bet @69, w/his median range just about 105
                  Edgerrin Cooper is a bet @37, and Colson a better bet @69
                  personally wouldn't touch Rosengarten @69, let alone @37
                  missed Roman Wilson who is a bet @37, w/a chance to last 'til 69
                  could Zach Frazier last 'til 69, or is he the better gambit @37 ??
                  Hunter Nourzad looks like he's open for biz starting day three, and while Blake Fisher is more a round three gambit

there's more, and.... have @it gentlemen,

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I completely agree with this. We would be lucky to get 2 out of those 3. I also agree that Colson and Sainristil would help the most. I do think Colson, Sainristil and Jenkins all go in the 2nd.
                    Other than TPB Minter-fanatics that are dying to see him reunite with his college players because that is a secret nuclear weapon of football, I’m not so sure the rest of the teams that don’t have Minter as a coach and have zero unique interest in UM are rating any of these guys as Rd2 picks. So unless we get 3 Rd2 picks and take all three, they will not all go in Rd2.

I wouldn’t mind all 3, they are good players. My favorite of the 3 is Sainristil. Colton #2, you picked the right 2 for sure. But they are not the best players at their respective positions. Nobody thinks they are. I don’t buy that JH2 should draft them instead of better players because they played for Minter. That shit is worth maybe 3 months of advantage - JH2 are drafting players for 4 yrs not 4 games. It’s just so short-term focused it’s almost comical to read this as often as i do as a primary reason to draft any player.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Other than TPB Minter-fanatics that are dying to see him reunite with his college players because that is a secret nuclear weapon of football, I’m not so sure the rest of the teams that don’t have Minter as a coach and have zero unique interest in UM are rating any of these guys as Rd2 picks. So unless we get 3 Rd2 picks and take all three, they will not all go in Rd2.

I wouldn’t mind all 3, they are good players. My favorite of the 3 is Sainristil. Colton #2, you picked the right 2 for sure. But they are not the best players at their respective positions. Nobody thinks they are. I don’t buy that JH2 should draft them instead of better players because they played for Minter. That shit is worth maybe 3 months of advantage - JH2 are drafting players for 4 yrs not 4 games. It’s just so short-term focused it’s almost comical to read this as often as i do as a primary reason to draft any player.
                      Re: bolded: Are you sure?

And who the hell ever said Michigan players should be drafted over better players?
                      "As a primary reason"?

No offense, truly, but you read into posts often. We all do on occasion, and I don't think you mean any harm, but it's a bit concerning if I'm being honest.
                      and being even more honest, it's annoying.

still voting for you for mayor.

Seriously though, getting a Sainristil helps integrate the system not just faster, but he instantly a leader on that defense for years to come. His play is 2nd round worthy and if drafted by Joe there, I expect it is primarily because of how good he is, and the experience in the system, second, but that experience has to be a significant positive because there's less projection.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

I don't even want to invest my brain waves in some of the posts.
                        We can all do better in numerous ways, starting with being self aware and restrained.
                        Give the board some oxygen.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Soooooooo muuuuuuuuch this.

Comment

Working...
                          X