• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...PLUS...it gives other teams the impression the Bolts don't want to trade either one...when trade talks start, it could go something like this:

OTHER GM: "Okay, Joe, here's the deal. We can give you a 4th rounder for Mack."
    HORTIZ: "What??? A 4th rounder??? For a top 5 sack leader? First of all, Mack is not on the trading block. We can give u Bosa, but for a 3rd rounder."
    OTHER GM: "No way...not for habitually damaged goods...and that helmet slam didn't help his stock any, either. Okay, look. Mack for a 3rd rounder."
    HORTIZ: "I told you, Mack stays."
    OTHER GM: "What if I offered a 2nd rounder for Mack...would you consider that?"
    HORTIZ: "I don't know...I don't really want to let him go...I'd have to get at LEAST a 2nd and also a 4th to sweeten the pot."
    OTHER GM: "What???"
    your negotiation ended with no deal being made? well done!

I got a dozen rolled tacos that say GMs do not care that Joey threw his helmet in 2022 (ok, Jan 2023). I'll pick the salsa after I win the bet. The memes on this board lol, ... oh you guys slay me with your fantastic imaginations!
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I got a dozen rolled tacos that say GMs do not care that Joey threw his helmet in 2022 (ok, Jan 2023). I'll pick the salsa after I win the bet. The memes on this board lol, ... oh you guys slay me with your fantastic imaginations!
      Where are the rolled tacos from? I used to love Lolitas

That being said, I agree - that if the Chargers are truly willing to move on from Bosa - they won't stop the deal if its a 5th instead of a 4th

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Looks like if you don't take him with your third rounder he's gone. Some think he will go somewhere in the mid second round.
        Yea I doubt he is sneaking in under the radar, but sometimes that happens. He only has 1 career INT in 5 years so he must have bad hands lol.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

That's why if left the ending incomplete...so that YOU, sir, may use your ahem...

image.png

And BTW Mac, yer on ahem, a "roll"...

image.png

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

What I’m confident about with this team.

Horowitz stated that this team will take draft the best player at 5.!!!!!!!!!

and that’s how it should be.

all the chatter on here

at least I know they’ll take the best player and they will evaluate.

They won’t be idiots like John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan and not draft Patrick Mahomes.

They aren’t incompetent

I think the Chargers will take best player.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

One thing I’ll say is I like Jordan Williams the Tackle out of Arizona. Nobody’s talking about him. I’d like to trade back into the 1st round and draft him. He’s more complete to me than Alt. And people go crazy over Alt.

Williams reminds me of Eric Williams who used to play for the Cowboys and he’s more of a mountain man at Tackle like a Zeus Brown. That’s who the Ravens drafted out of Oklahoma if you follow the Ravens that’s more of their type of guy and Horowitz.

He reminds me of Fujita the Eagles tackle from Figgi.

I just like how Arizona played he was a big part of that. I hear how everybody talks about the line.

But I think if you really look at the line you can get your line help in the early second round late 1st round.

There have been great second round lineman who have been around Harbaugh Jack Stayley from Central Michigan was a tight end then moved to tackle. Tremendous athlete.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

That's why if left the ending incomplete...so that YOU, sir, may use your ahem...

image.png

image.png
                I do love your style, my good man. you are fresh, lively, spirited! lol.

Who is this Horowitz guy that everyone's talking about lately?

Hortiz didnt promise he would take "BPA" no matter what. He said you don't want to be forced to take a player just due to the position. its a step in the BPA direction but he didn't dive all the way into extreme orthodoxy deep end to say he'll completely ignore what will most help the team. Intelligent people never say "BPA".
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2021
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                  What I’m confident about with this team.

Horowitz stated that this team will take draft the best player at 5.!!!!!!!!!

and that’s how it should be.

all the chatter on here

at least I know they’ll take the best player and they will evaluate.

They won’t be idiots like John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan and not draft Patrick Mahomes.

They aren’t incompetent

I think the Chargers will take best player.
                  Who's Horowitz? You mean Hortiz?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

I do love your style, my good man. you are fresh, lively, spirited! lol.

Who is this Horowitz guy that everyone's talking about lately?

Hortiz didnt promise he would take "BPA" no matter what. He said you don't want to be forced to take a player just due to the position. its a step in the BPA direction but he didn't dive all the way into extreme orthodoxy deep end to say he'll completely ignore what will most help the team. Intelligent people never say "BPA".
                    Agree. NOA.is subjective to even people here. If Harbaugh and Hortiz think Bowers is the BPA to help the offense and Herbert, he will be the pick. If they think it's a OT or WR, or Decide to trade back they will do that.

I don't think it changes what we all think here. We can't lose with the players we been discussing.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

image.png

image.png
                      The Rolling Stones - Just My Imagination (Live) - Official (youtube.com)

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

NOBODY does that song like the original Temptations:

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Horwitz