• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
    WHEN we move back, could it be a CB that goes at #9 to Chargers?
    A LOT of wr's and OL that are rated real good. You can still get a good one in Rd. #2. Besides the CHargers are really thin at CB
    A CB in round 1 is possible...sure is a big PON...or a top shelf DT or RT...I think we go C in round 2...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
      I'd be shocked if Woods is even on the roster next year.
      I know they kept Webb for a long time but this is no longer a Tom Telesco team. Woods has shown absolutely no reason why he should be in the NFL- can't cover, can't tackle, can't read routes. Am I missing anything?
      For you guys looking for a flip, this is how it starts. Guys aren't going to be kept around just because they were drafted. If you can't play, team moves on.
      How many S did the team bring in during the season last year that played ahead of him?
      Yep...I would at least wait and see if Harbo/Minter can coach him up by the end of TC...if not, cut him loose...Woods was a reach in round 3...yes, he had a lot of picks, but the red flags on his tackling issues were there...

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Everyone wants to take a WR or T or TE or C with our first two picks, whilst everyone complains about how bad our D is, year in, year out?
        You do see the problem, right?
        This team has been constructed so poorly, for so long, we need help EVERYWHERE( yes, even the QB room could do with a solid backup).
        I guess if the best player available when our picks roll around are Offensive players, then so be it. That's why I'm firmly in the trade down group. Amass as many draft picks as possible, now that we seem to have a better group of decision makers in place, and collect as many good young, controllable football players as possible. Back fill with veterran FA's then do it all again in '25.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
          Everyone wants to take a WR or T or TE or C with our first two picks, whilst everyone complains about how bad our D is, year in, year out?
          You do see the problem, right?
          This team has been constructed so poorly, for so long, we need help EVERYWHERE( yes, even the QB room could do with a solid backup).
          I guess if the best player available when our picks roll around are Offensive players, then so be it. That's why I'm firmly in the trade down group. Amass as many draft picks as possible, now that we seem to have a better group of decision makers in place, and collect as many good young, controllable football players as possible. Back fill with veterran FA's then do it all again in '25.
          I'm with u Windsor...I would like us to pick up a solid, run-stuffing, pass-rushing DT no later than round 3...and if we can snag an extra 2nd rounder, even consider a DT or Edge in THAT round...maybe even CB...WR just not as great a PON...

Comment

• jox g
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            CAN YOU IMAGINE JUSTIN HERBERT WITH A RUN GAME?! Can you imagine Herbert w/ a HEAD COACH?!

Screenshot_20240305-204742-492.png

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

But i doubt we are signing expensive FAs. We cant afford Wilkins. We can afford Queen....we arent signing those type of guys. Maybe they can afford Geno Stone for FS. Also i find it tough to think we are going to start three rookies on the OL.
              True. The top guys no.
              but there are many others who Joe could get at a discount.
              Kinlaw, is he going to command top dollar coming off injury,
              Rankins, again think former 1st Rd pick could be had at a minimum prove it deal. Maybe Hortiz, Harbaugh and Minter don't like any of them. Maybe Clowney can be added for discount deal. Gllimore, Raekwon Davis, etc If they like the talent and have a plan for them in the defense.....having talented veteran backups for depth is a good thing, IMV.
              There are players who stock is low since being drafted early in past drafts. Change of scenery might work out. I doubt they are heavy spenders in free agency. They don't have to be. They can fill the roster with talent without overpaying anyone.

​​​​​
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

I can absolutely see them trading back and taking either Terrion Arnold or Quinyon Mitchell around 11

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

CAN YOU IMAGINE JUSTIN HERBERT WITH A RUN GAME?!

Screenshot_20240305-204742-492.png
                  And no defense I guess

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Brock BowersTE Georgia

Kris JenkinsDT Michigan
                    Junior ColsonLB Michigan

Jaylen WrightRB Tennessee
                    Tanor BortoliniOC Wisconsin

Luke McCaffreyWR Rice
                    Zak ZinterOG Michigan
                    A.J. BarnerTE Michigan
                    Quinton NewsomeCB Nebraska

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

And no defense I guess
                      They will scored TD on every possession. And eat up clock. Defense will hardly be on the field. The best defense is an unstoppable run game. Crush their souls on the way to victory formation. Also UFAs are full of very good cheap veteran defense players. They can easily add a handful of talented experienced players to play defense.
                      Although I doubt they go all offense in draft. But let's say they 4 of first 5 selections is on offense. Then I'm not thinking they found starters and depth for defense with rookies from Rd 4-7.
                      Either way, they will be adding free agents at discount to both sides of ball. And there is more supply of defensive players in free agency than demand and money to pay them.

Joe Hortiz is going to build a very competitive roster right away. No doubt about it. Team will win 10 plus game next year and make playoffs
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

They will scored TD on every possession. And eat up clock. Defense will hardly be on the field. The best defense is an unstoppable run game. Crush their souls on the way to victory formation. Also UFAs are full of very good cheap veteran defense players. They can easily add a handful of talented experienced players to play defense.
                        Although I doubt they go all offense in draft. But let's say they 4 of first 5 selections is on offense. Then I'm not thinking they found starters and depth for defense with rookies from Rd 4-7.
                        Either way, they will be adding free agents at discount to both sides of ball. And there is more supply of defensive players in free agency than demand and money to pay them.

Joe Hortiz is going to build a very competitive roster right away. No doubt about it. Team will win 10 plus game next year and make playoffs
                        I agree. Hortiz will stock this team with experienced, competent vets on cheap, short term deals. Win now. And as always, injuries will have a big effect on our final record.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Icebolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2023
                          • Send PM

We are so confident that Hortiz is the "man" and a great GM. How do we know this?

Comment

Working...
                          X