• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Trubisky. Trey Lance. Brock Purdy. Cautionary tales that can cause teams to stay put.
    There is enough QB talent for them to wait and pick from whoever is on the board at their current spot. The QB trades, if any. may come at the end of round one. Pick 37 will be particularly interesting.
    that'll never stopped the next GM in the next draft ever. For picking a guy who turns out to bust is a possible fail, but not picking a QB when you have no QB is a certain and immediate fail.

Certain will always be a less desirable choice than possible.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

that'll never stopped the next GM in the next draft ever. For picking a guy who turns out to bust is a possible fail, but not picking a QB when you have no QB is a certain and immediate fail.

Certain will always be a less desirable choice than possible.
      What happened with Lance and Trubisky is very relevant ie trading up for a bust, and how that plays into thinking in the '24 Draft.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Trading up for a qb is always risky since the bust potential is so high. But you have to get a qb to win in this league. So what are you gonna do? Trading up for Leaf set this franchise back years.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

To add, these are some pretty damn good college QBs coming out. Trade will happen.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            To add, these are some pretty damn good college QBs coming out. Trade will happen.
            This...I get the feeling it's going to be the wild west inside the top ten this year. LOL!
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

This...I get the feeling it's going to be the wild west inside the top ten this year. LOL!
              Yup! Gotta have a QB!

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Check this mock out (from AP):

The NFL draft madness begins early in the final edition of the AP’s 2024 mock draft. Another makes three trades, going down twice before a move up to snatch a quarterback. It’s no secret the Chicago Bears are taking Caleb Williams with the No. 1 overall pick.

Notice something missing? Doesn't have Bowers being drafted in the 1st round! This had to be an oversight.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                    Hmmm...not bad...plenty of picks for IOL, RB, TE...but if you dont get a RT in rounds 1 or 2...better hope Harbaugh can bring out Pipkens best...
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Hmmm...not bad...plenty of picks for IOL, RB, TE...but if you dont get a RT in rounds 1 or 2...better hope Harbaugh can bring out Pipkens best...
                      I think Harbaugh and Devlin can. I do think Salyer becomes the swing tackle and they look for another RG though.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                        Latest The A mock
                        5. Chicago Bears (from LAC)*: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

Projected trade: Bears send No. 9, No. 75 and a 2025 fourth-rounder to the Chargers for No. 5

We picked Fuaga at 9.

I would trade down again with that 9 if possible.
                        not me.... would take the Taliese and run.... !! (that man is money)
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Lance Zierlein 2024 NFL mock draft 2.0: Broncos move up for J.J. McCarthy; Chiefs add Xavier Worthy

do think Maye is a better fit in NE, and wondering if Jayden w/Kingsbury is really as good an idea as plenty o' peoples think so ??
                          Malik over Marvin and w/the latter landing in LaLa Land ?? don't think Jr. is making it past Az....
                          Latham is a really bad look by Zierlein.... @least far as eye can surmise.... very risky gambit me thinx ??
                          do the Jets select Fuaga, or perhaps opt for someone like Brian Thomas (this year's version of MW/QJ.... me suspex) ??
                          again personal suspicion, is that Telesco ain't coming away from 13 without a QB, and.... would he take Murphy ahead of the CBs ??
                          Fashanu could be good big value if he lasts 'til 16....
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X