Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Thats a shit mock...OT least suited to play RT in a power scheme, WR not a need, really...especially giving up our third this year in a weird deal...really bad deal.
    Exactly what i thought. I can almost guarantee he's not him, unless we think we can completely overhaul his run blocking and grow his hands a few inches. Haha

And franklin also isn't a fit for this O. I mean, maybe, if coach Brady likes him, but ya 2 bad fits. No gracias.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

I think we get a CB instead but I’m also cool with Bowers at 11 in this mock.

With the Falcons and Vikings at the heart of plenty of QB draft conversations, how might Cousins' move shake up the top of Round 1?

Our final pre-free-agency NFL Mock Draftdropped Monday morning. Predictably, not long after the NFL’s legal tampering window opened a few hours later, a lot of pieces started to shift.

Arguably the most impactful: Kirk Cousins’ decision to sign with the Atlanta Falcons. With the Falcons and Cousins’ former team, the Minnesota Vikings, at the heart of plenty of quarterback draft conversations, how might that move affect the top of Round 1 in April? Here’s an updated look at how picks 1-11 — Minnesota holds that No. 11 spot — could play out:

(Note: An asterisk indicates a proposed trade for the purposes of this mock.)1. Chicago Bears (from CAR): Caleb Williams, QB, USC
      The Falcons’ addition of Cousins means Chicago will have to find someone else who wants Justin Fields, a trade process that’ll need to pick up speed soon. There wasn’t much buzz at the combine earlier this month about Fields’ market, but the Bears are pretty clearly headed in the QB direction in the draft. You don’t drag your feet on a decision about someone like Fields this long if he’s your guy — and that reality is probably affecting the trade market, as well.

Either way, it’ll be a new era for the Bears. Williams has everything the franchise needs and, most importantly, the roster’s ready for him.

GO DEEPER

Bears invest in a new starting running back, bringing in D'Andre Swift

2. Washington Commanders: Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina
      We shouldn’t rule out Jayden Daniels here. But I’m still a believer in Maye and, frankly, I struggle to understand why some believe he’s sliding. A big-framed, big-time athlete with a thunderbolt of an arm, Maye is the type of QB around which a young franchise can build. He’s confident driving the ball between the numbers, and though his general consistency versus pressure can be cleaned up, his ceiling is undeniable.

A trade is also possible here, but it sure feels like this opportunity is too good for Washington to pass up.

3. New England Patriots: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
      I would draft Marvin Harrison Jr. or trade this pick. However, I’m not sure that’s what the new regime in New England will do, especially after it just traded Mac Jones for scraps. It sure feels like QB is the Patriots’ preference, even if it can’t be marked down as a certainty.

New England could find multiple trade markets at No. 3 — we shouldn’t eliminate the notion of someone wanting to move up for Harrison, in addition to those teams eyeing QB3. I’m skeptical about how many of those teams will be willing to sell the farm for Daniels, though, as I slot him closer to J.J. McCarthy on my board than to Maye or Williams.

GO DEEPER

NFL free agency 2024 best available players, led by Danielle Hunter, Za'Darius Smith

4. Arizona Cardinals: Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
      The Cardinals will have offers to move, but they’re already pretty loaded with picks — and the roster needs a wide receiver. Arizona is closer to being competitive than many realize, and a player this good could be what turns this team into next year’s version of the 2023 Texans.

Harrison is arguably the best player in this draft, regardless of position. Getting him at No. 4 would be theft.

5. Minnesota Vikings (from LAC)*: J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan
      I doubt the Giants, who hold pick No. 6, are going to take a quarterback that high this year. But it’s not impossible, meaning the Vikings might not feel like they can sit and wait for a quarterback — even after the Falcons took themselves out of the mix. Better safe than sorry, though. The Vikings would be wise to pair McCarthy with a veteran bridge quarterback for at least a year (and they’ve reportedly landed on Sam Darnold as that option), but they also shouldn’t rule out the possibility that McCarthy wins the job in camp. His arm talent, athleticism and downfield aggressiveness could be a great fit with Kevin O’Connell.

The league-wide QB thirst is real. Daniels isn’t a top-five prospect in this class; McCarthy’s not a top-10 prospect. But if it’s not Minnesota climbing the board to take the Michigan star, it’ll be someone else.

GO DEEPER

How to sum up Kirk Cousins' six prolific seasons in Minnesota? It's complicated

6. Chicago Bears (from NYG)*: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
      The Giants need a receiver, too, but they’re in the market for a few upgrades. It’s not impossible New York — a team stilltrying to figure out whether it has buyer’s remorse on QB Daniel Jones — would make a move to acquire Fields. For our mock-draft purposes, at least, let’s say he’d be included in the package Chicago offers to move up from No. 9.

Odunze or LSU’s Malik Nabers will be WR2, and it’ll likely come down to team preference. For me, Odunze’s size and ability to win in the air against just about anybody is the separator.

7. Tennessee Titans: Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
      Tennessee easily could grab Nabers here, but the responsible thing for the franchise’s long-term health is taking a new anchor tackle. QB Will Levis needs more people to throw to, but he also has to be kept upright. Alt, who can play either side, is the best of an outstanding OT class. It wouldn’t be a shock to hear his name called in the top five when it’s over.

GO DEEPER

NFL free agency 2024 grades: The good, bad and ugly of every major deal

8. Atlanta Falcons: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
      Jackpot. The Falcons’ decision to bypass the QB draft derby by paying Cousins allows them to more or less go all in with this young core. How’s a playmking group of Bijan Robinson, Kyle Pitts, Drake London and Nabers sound? If Cousins can’t figure it out with that group, then … well, we’re not going to go there.

This also could wind up being a great trade-back spot for Atlanta, which suddenly has a lot of draft flexibility.

9. New York Giants (from CHI)*: Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
      Giants fans might be shouting that there’s no way their team passes on one of those wide receivers. Some might even be shouting the same about the quarterbacks. But, like Tennessee, New York needs help up front. Be it Jones or someone else, a team that’s suddenly facing life without Saquon Barkley has to be able to block better than it has. Fashanu would fit just fine.

10. New York Jets: Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State
      There’s a tight end from Georgia sitting on the board who might have a lot of fun running routes for Aaron Rodgers. But, no. The Jets have a chance to strengthen an area of need, even though we’re already down to OT3 in the tackle stack. Be it Fuaga or Alabama’s JC Latham, the Jets should be able to leave the first round with a very good player at that position.

11. Los Angeles Chargers (from MIN)*: Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
      The Chargers also need a tackle, but Bowers looks like the perfect Jim Harbaugh prospect — a player who never has to leave the field and can have an impact on all areas of the offense. Los Angeles reportedly has been open for business this week, from a cap-shedding standpoint. This roster is going to be getting younger, and Bowers would be a terrific foundational piece in a Harbaugh offense.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

OK after giving it much thought if we don't draft Bowers I think the following could be close to the perfect draft for us...

Dallas TurnerEDGE Alabama

Zach FrazierOC West Virginia
        Kris JenkinsDT Michigan

Junior ColsonLB Michigan
        Mike SainristilCB Michigan

Jaylen WrightRB Tennessee
        Ainias SmithWR Texas A&M
        Tommy EichenbergLB Ohio State
        Quinton NewsomeCB Nebraska

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
          OK after giving it much thought if we don't draft Bowers I think the following could be close to the perfect draft for us...

Kris JenkinsDT Michigan

Junior ColsonLB Michigan

Ainias SmithWR Texas A&M
          I am sure Hortiz and Harbaugh would sign up for that today

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Traded back twice. Keeping Keenan and Bosa.
            Mack trade is not reflected in this mock.

PFN_Draft_result_1710293019373.png

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Boltnut
              Xenos
              Topcat
              Boltjolt

and anyone else I missed. The Trade Down Tank has plenty of space.

Trade Down Tank.png

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Kris JenkinsDT Michigan

Junior ColsonLB Michigan

Ainias SmithWR Texas A&M
                My left nipple got hard
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                  Boltnut
                  Xenos
                  Topcat
                  Boltjolt

and anyone else I missed. The Trade Down Tank has plenty of space.

Trade Down Tank.png
                  Tanks, but no tanks...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Tanks, but no tanks...
                    hill benny GIF

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

this is from a Seahawks blog, and good stuff if you're a pass catcher proponent @5.... if you prefer Dallas Turner, he'd suggest you turn your sights toward Jared or Chop.

he doesn't have any of the tackles as blue chip prospects, but would draft a fair slew of them round one (keep in mind Seattle is slotted @16 ?)

he's got Suamataia & Rosengarten off the board round two, Patrick Paul (and Matt Goncalves) round 3, Tylan Grable/Christian Jones 4.

he's got Zinter & Beebe round 2, Graham Barton round 1, Frazier, Van Pran & JPJ round 2, and Bortolini/Limmer round 3.

he's got Sinnot, Theo Johnson and Sanders all round two, Stover round 3 and Tip round 4.... Wiley & Brevyn Spann Ford are listed as 5-7.

@RB he's got Benson, Corum, Jaylen Wright and Brooks all as third rounders, Marshawn Lloyd, Ray Davis and Braelon Allen as fourths.

Estime, Dillon Johnson, Shipley, Frank Gore Jr. and Bucky Irving as 5-7s.... no one else even listed as UDFAs ??

@WR he's got a baker's dozen slotted for round two, w/Brian Thomas the only other wideout besides the top three in round one.

McCaffrey 'n Rice are third rounders by his take.

he's got Drake Maye, McCarthy, Nix, Penix and Rattler as second rounders, and w/Milton listed as a 5-7.

@OLB/DE he's got Darius Robinson round two, and the likes of Bralen Trice and Kneeland listed round three, Gabe Hall is a fourth rounder as is Adisa Isaac and Jaylen Harrell.

for the IDL he likes Braden Fiske and Murphy round one, T'Vondre, Jer'Zhan and Mekhi Wingo round two.... Kris Jenkins is a third rounder, as is McKinley Jackson.

@LB he's got Payton, Edgerrin and Junior round two, Cedric and Trevin Wallace round three, Trotter round 4, and Jordan Magee 5-7.

for CBs he's got Lassiter in the first, and McKinstry and Rakestraw as second rounders, round three includes Sainristil, Renardo Green and Cam Hart.... Kalen King is 5-7.

@safety he's got Nubin 'n DeJean round two, Cole Bishop round three, and Kam Kichens day three/round four.... Tykee Smith is 5-7.

Screenshot-2024-03-14-at-00.03.16.png (1718×1308) (seahawksdraftblog.com)

TEF results for 2024 — this is the most explosive offensive line on record – Seahawks Draft Blog
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

just curious what things (my mock) would look like if I followed along w/the above....

1) Fuaga
                        2) T'Vondre, Sinnott
                        3) Cedric Gray, Cole Bishop, McCaffrey, Bortolini
                        4) Jeremiah Trotter, Tylan Grable, Tip Reiman
                        5) Joe Milton, Tykee Smith
                        6) Daijun Edwards
                        7) Jordan Magee
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Okay, here's my "do it yourself" 4-round mock based a lot on PON:

Round 1 (after trade down--somewhere between #8-12 overall):

image.png
                          Tired of watching us get gashed by big runs up the middle. We get the top run-stuffing DT in the draft. Sweat can pass rush also. If we trade or cut Bosa, it's possible we go Edge.

Round 2a (#37):

image.png
                          I think JPJ is probably gone by the time we pick, but Frazier fills a huge need and should be there. If not, maybe Van Pran.

Round 2b (from trade down)

image.png
                          If Colson is there, I think Harbo runs up to the platform quicker than u can say "Marcus McNeill." If not, either maybe Zinter, another OG or maybe an RB like Corum if he's there.

Round 3

image.png
                          Zinter is solid in run blocking AND pass pro. Move Salyer to RT to compete with Pip. Loser is the backup and we have decent depth. Time to bring in a REAL OG with proven experience. If Zinter is gone, I think Harbo and Trader Joe bring in the next best run-blocking OG, or possibly RB.

Round 4

image.png

Lloyd helps complete our RB committee. Good in pass pro also. Protect the franchise.

Find the latest coverage, analysis, and player rankings for the 2025 NFL Draft. View in depth player profiles, features and mock drafts - all available for free.

Comment

Working...
                          X