• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    I love the size of Cox but somewhere between pulling out of Jax and penetrating SD he went limp.
    hahahahaha
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
      So which RB are you hoping we draft?
      No, I agree with Panamamike that I don't want a RB drafted. I think it would be a wasted pick. We've got Mathews as a Pro Bowl-caliber starter, Woodhead as a great change-of-pace and 3rd-down back, Brown as a Mathews "mini me," and Johnson as a FB/TE hybrid. Meanwhile, we've got needs at OLB, CB, OG/C, WR, and DL.
      Adipose

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
        No, I agree with Panamamike that I don't want a RB drafted. I think it would be a wasted pick. We've got Mathews as a Pro Bowl-caliber starter, Woodhead as a great change-of-pace and 3rd-down back, Brown as a Mathews "mini me," and Johnson as a FB/TE hybrid. Meanwhile, we've got needs at OLB, CB, OG/C, WR, and DL.

We do have needs almost everywhere. Or places we can improve the depth. Still hoping we trade down.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
          Does Boltbug post here?

I hope Boltbug knows how grateful I am for his message board use over the years. How's he doing?
          Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 04-23-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
            Does Boltbug post here?

I hope Boltbug knows how grateful I am for his message board use over the years. How's he doing?
            Haven't heard from Bug in a while. He didn't answer my last couple of emails, and Chargerfans.net has been dead. Last time we talked about it (a year or so ago?) he said he had plans for resurrecting it, but that's all I know.
            Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Lazarus.net?
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Source: Chargers worked out Marshall OT Garrett Scott

Offensive tackle visited Raiders, Chiefs, Dolphins, Buccaneers Aaron Wilson

Print This APRIL 23, 2014, 10:23 AM ESTMarshall left offensive tackle Garrett Scott had a private workout for the San Diego Chargers this week, according to a league source.

He has previously visited the Oakland Raiders, Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Scott is regarded as a middle to late-round draft target as a versatile offensive lineman who can also line up at guard, having started at left guard in the past.

The 6-foot-5, 310-pounder ran the 40-yard dash in 5.08 seconds at his campus Pro Day workout.

He bench pressed 225 poudns 25 times and had a 9-7 broad jump. He has 34 1/2 inch arms.

He was a three-year starter
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Bolts build anewwith what they have

By Kevin Acee 06:00a.m. Apr 23, 2014

This isn’t the first time Philip Rivers has said something like this between seasons, but maybe it will be the most important time.

And perhaps with a different, younger group around him, with the backing of a different coaching staff and Eric Weddle and Donald Butler, with the taste of winning being tangible again, the message sticks and these Chargers do what none before them have.

“We’ve got to put that year aside,” Rivers said of 2013 and the Chargers’ return to being a playoff team. “Yeah, we accomplished a lot, we bounced back the last six weeks and were executing. We all felt good about what we did – besides not reaching the top.

“But it’s quickly realizing, ‘Hey, we were 5-7. We were struggling for a bit. It wasn’t like we were elite all year long.”

Amen.

I’m glad he said it. Because I was going to. But he’s Philip Rivers.

I’ve been wondering since January whether the Chargers making the playoffs last season was a good thing or a bad thing for this season.

They are to be commended for sticking together through a frustrating September and October and awful start to November. But the fact they won four straight to get in the postseason with a 9-7 record (needing four combined losses in four games by the Baltimore Ravens and Miami Dolphins and a missed field goal and a converted fake punt in the season finale against Kansas City) and then demolished a Cincinnati team ripe for another playoff loss does not change the fact they had the AFC’s worst pass defense and often seemed allergic to the end zone.

So it’s good to hear the theme being put forward at Chargers Park on the first day of voluntary workouts Tuesday was that last year is over and it really wasn’t that great anyway.

“We obviously have got to get better,” Weddle said. “We were three games short of being world champions. We didn’t reach the goal.”

In some ways, NFL players are simply fans. They watched the lack of activity in March. They texted each other and their agents and wondered when the Chargers were going to sign someone.

The Chargers went into the offseason needing at least two starters on defense and probably a starting wide receiver. They still need those things. They didn’t do nothing in free agency, but with all due respect to Donald Brown (a good signing), the Chargers have so far added only fractionally and not at the spots they absolutely needed to.

But Tuesday was all about the positive, all about belief. As it should be this time of year.

“The first day, it’s exciting,” Butler said. “There’s excitement in the air.”

Of the Chargers’ free agency acquisitions, Butler said: “I liked it. We didn’t necessarily make a big splash, but we landed some key pieces that I think can help us out.”

OK.

We’ll see. General manager Tom Telesco made some fine post-draft pickups last year and could do so again. The draft remains more than two weeks away, though getting the high-level contribution from this year’s draft picks that the Chargers got from their first three picks last year is far from a given. That’s no slam against Telesco. In Tom I trust. But a rookie contributing significantly is a “bonus,” to use Weddle’s word.

“You look at (the roster) right now,” Weddle said, “this is what we’re going to be riding with.”

Maybe that’s not so bad. Certainly, we know more about the Chargers than we did this time last year, when they had a new head coach, many new assistants, new offense and new almost everything.

“It’s a big difference,” Rivers said. “. . . There aren’t as many unknowns. We can really hit the ground running.”

That doesn’t guarantee anything, but it isn’t ground zero.

“We have to try to become a team again,” Rivers said. “How quickly can we become a team again? . . . We had a special group last year -- the way we came together, fought together. We’ve got to rebuild that. It starts this time of year.”

Maybe the focus on this necessity will be the difference between backsliding and building.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Here is an interesting take on why mock drafts and real drafts differ greatly...

With all the exposure draftees are getting, there is vital intel that is overlooked.

Edit.... Sorry, I just saw this posted in its own thread.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Can we just agree to not post any Acee articles please? At least until he decides to stop being a dick.

Comment

• Steve
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • South Carolina
                        • Meteorologist
                        • Send PM

We've been waiting for that for some time now. Any idea when that might happen?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Hahahah

Dick logo:
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X