• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Well should i unsticky this thread guys?

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Should start the OTA/TC thread.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Thats what i was thinking. Make one and ill sticky it.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
          We already have 4 running backs on the roster. I doubt we would make it 5.
          Try 6!
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
            I guess you missed my earlier discussion in which the size difference between Verrett and Revis was addressed in greater detail.

To address some of your points, the information I have is that Verrett came in at 69 inches even while Revis came in at 71.375 inches. Verrett's arms are 30.625 inches and Revis' arms are 32.375 inches. The difference in length is 4.125 inches. I previously represented that difference as 4", so it appears that I may have even slightly understated it.

Further, Revis is about 15+ pounds heavier and simply has a bigger body than Verrett does.

For the above reasons, I do not see Verrett and Revis as presenting similar body types in terms of the range of NFL CBs. Verrett is plainly a small CB, both in height and in body type, whereas Revis is an average sized CB.

I agree with you that a small size advantage held by a WR against a CB may not matter all that much. What I am talking about is the possibility that a big size advantage might matter. In the passing game, the smaller CB, even if he is standing right next to the WR, cannot cover the entire catch radius of the larger receiver. Also, the larger receiver can use his body to shield. These advantages are significantly reduced when we change from a small player with Verrett's size to a player with average CB size like Revis.

I don't think Verrett will have much size related difficulty defending average or smaller receivers, but there is the one area of potential weakness against the bigger receivers.

Also, and I do not think this has been discussed enough, Verrett's small size and short arm length is likely to hurt him against the run, especially against bigger, stronger and more adept run blocking WRs.

These are legitimate concerns that should downgrade a player that would otherwise be a first round pick to being a second round pick. Seriously, I will be shocked if anyone takes Verrett in the first round. I think he represents value in the second round.
            He he he he....
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

The question you should always ask yourself is if some perceived slight matters. The arm length thing and pass rushers. CB and the height thing. All are commonly listed issues with players, that a lot of teams use to downgrade players. But do they really matter. In a theoretical sense, they all certainly could, but do they actually? The height thing for CB is just a load of bullshit people use to justify their selections based on petty, biased reasons.

There are just not good prospects to start eliminating any for biased reasons. The taller CB were all gone by the time we picked, who would be have been left with if not for Verrett? The only other top CB who is doing anything at all as a rookie is Fuller.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                He he he he....
                I've just actually watched that video clip of Oliver for the first time. He physically manhandles and annihilates Charles Woodson! That may be the best run ever!

Comment

Working...
                X