• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    Brain is in a bit of a fog but free agency opens before the draft, right? So we'll know in April whether or not Ingram will be back?
    Correct.

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

A couple of Utes just declared yesterday: OT Garret Boles, rated the best run blocking lineman in college football by PFW and S Marcus Williams, a guy that had a first round grade before an injury cost him a few games this year.

Boles is a road grader with a nasty attitude but he is raw in his pass blocking (although the Utah pass offense was not a pro style attack and asked lineman to block on the move) and he only played one year of big time college ball as he played at nearby JC for a year as well. He is 24, married and has a kid, whatever that means to NFL scouts.

Marcus Williams is a play maker. The kid is all over the field and forces a lot of turnovers. At FS, he would fit a position of need for us. It is still early in the process so I am not sure if he will warrant a high second after the injury but maybe he falls to the third?

From the SL Tribune:

"CBS Sports projects Williams, a second-team All-American by Pro Football Focus, as the top free safety available in the NFL Draft.

Williams may credit Utah with making him the player he became, but he drove many of the turnover-producing plays of the last two seasons.

The three-year-starter had 11 career interceptions, including five in each of the last two seasons. In both 2015 and 2016, Utah finished among the top 10 nationally in interceptions with Williams prowling the backfield. Among his many highlights: a diving pick against Arizona that ricocheted off both Chase Hansen and Nate Phillips in October.

With range and a team-best 38-inch vertical leap, Williams was also responsible for 19 passes defended in his career. When he didn’t break up the pass, he was a sure tackler: He had 59 tackles or more in each of his three seasons.

Without Williams, Utah struggled: When he was injured against Oregon State earlier this season, the next week the secondary gave up 464 yards against UCLA."
      Last edited by UtahBolt; 01-05-2017, 09:13 AM.
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
        A couple of Utes just declared yesterday: OT Garret Boles, rated the best run blocking lineman in college football by PFW and S Marcus Williams, a guy that had a first round grade before an injury cost him a few games this year.

Boles is a road grader with a nasty attitude but he is raw in his pass blocking (although the Utah pass offense was not a pro style attack and asked lineman to block on the move) and he only played one year of big time college ball as he played at nearby JC for a year as well. He is 24, married and has a kid, whatever that means to NFL scouts.

Marcus Williams is a play maker. The kid is all over the field and forces a lot of turnovers. At FS, he would fit a position of need for us. It is still early in the process so I am not sure if he will warrant a high second after the injury but maybe he falls to the third?

From the SL Tribune:

"CBS Sports projects Williams, a second-team All-American by Pro Football Focus, as the top free safety available in the NFL Draft.

Williams may credit Utah with making him the player he became, but he drove many of the turnover-producing plays of the last two seasons.

The three-year-starter had 11 career interceptions, including five in each of the last two seasons. In both 2015 and 2016, Utah finished among the top 10 nationally in interceptions with Williams prowling the backfield. Among his many highlights: a diving pick against Arizona that ricocheted off both Chase Hansen and Nate Phillips in October.

With range and a team-best 38-inch vertical leap, Williams was also responsible for 19 passes defended in his career. When he didn’t break up the pass, he was a sure tackler: He had 59 tackles or more in each of his three seasons.

Without Williams, Utah struggled: When he was injured against Oregon State earlier this season, the next week the secondary gave up 464 yards against UCLA."
        Weddle redux?
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• RollingThunder
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Hooker is my man in the 1st. Dude looks like a stud.

Comment

• Grinners
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
            Hooker is my man in the 1st. Dude looks like a stud.
            Figures you are looking at "hookers" at this time of night..........tis tis.............................lol

FS sounds good to me!!!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Time to jump on this Hookers
              sigpic

Comment

• X-man
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Only thing is now that Hooker is in draft...he might jump Adams as first safety taken (before we select.) Adams is still a damn fine consolation prize if the Chargers decide to go safety. If the chargers go Dline to help Bosa/Ingram...and Jonathan Allen isn't there at #7(very likely he won't)...I'd love to see Derek Barnett added to the pass rush mix. He may not have Myles Garrett freakish athleticism, but against much tougher competition...DB just continually produced and wreaked havoc. He may not even last to pick 7 himself. Remember when Merriman and Ware came out together? Well imho...this could be round 2.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Ware & Merriman went 11 & 12, right?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Are there 7 elite players?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

And who ahead of us is likely to take a QB with their first pick instead of trade down for more picks?
                      sigpic

Comment

• X-man
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                        Ware & Merriman went 11 & 12, right?
                        Yep...imho this is version 2.0. Both great pass rushers coming out at the same time...see I knew there was a good reason for us losing to the Browns

Comment

• X-man
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                          Are there 7 elite players?
                          If we're going of straight potential...its always TBD...but in answer to your ?...Yes. This draft is very defensive studs top heavy...it's the lower half of the draft that really thins out.

Comment

Working...
                          X