Fucking wow. Chargers will probably draft Watson now. lol SMH

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Fucking wow. Chargers will probably draft Watson now. lol SMH
        I was thinking the same thing. I saw him in the middle 2nd round of someones Mock Draft.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          I was thinking the same thing. I saw him in the middle 2nd round of someones Mock Draft.
          His throws look so soft to me. No zip. Im not sure about his pro prospects. I feel like i did when Bridgewater came out. I think what he has going for him is just how smart of a football player he is. Swinney says its like having an OC playing QB.

I just want him to go in the top 7 so we get a better non qb prospect. I dont really care for the QBs in this draft. I like Trubiskey a little though. I think hes a Stafford type guy who can run. Im not sure Watson can make all the throws.

Comment

• BoltBacker
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Las Vegas, NV
            • Send PM

Great championship game and Rose Bowl this year. Will be an interesting draft. I wouldn't be surprised if we took Watson depending on the new coaching staff and the LA thing.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

With all that talent on Bama's D, they blew the 4th quarter. Allen didn't look like the a top 5 player to me. Robinson was ok, I guess, better on the right side. I did like how Mike Williams contests the high ball. Watson probably had the game of his life, but I agree on his arm. He was falling out of the 1st, but this game raised the floor for him.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Las Vegas, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                With all that talent on Bama's D, they blew the 4th quarter. Allen didn't look like the a top 5 player to me. Robinson was ok, I guess, better on the right side. I did like how Mike Williams contests the high ball. Watson probably had the game of his life, but I agree on his arm. He was falling out of the 1st, but this game raised the floor for him.
                Dak Prescott has to raise the Watson bar too, his arm strength is not the greatest.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I like Watson but we aren't drafting him.

I think if we stay at #7 I'd be content with Hooker, Adams or MIke Williams. Yep, if we go WR, I'd be cool with it. BPA is where we should go with our injury riddled team.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Bama was gassed. Not often do they lose TOP by that many minutes. Allen had his sack. Anderson did ok and helped his stock. Williams may slide as he was non existent. Foster is all over the place. And played at a high level for 60 minutes. He may go in the top 10. Shit i wouldn't mind signing JPP and drafting Foster. Use him at OLB with Perryman at ILB and Jatavis on the weakside. 1 game shouldnt wreck a players body of work. But 1 game often helps quite a bit. Te'o got crushed in his national championship and it hurt. But the momentum was bad for him going into it.

Mike Williams is a monster. Might be one of the safest players in the draft. Humphries was sort of sliding going into the game. He didnt play well. The backend of Bama needs to mature. They have some great players in Brown, Averett and Fitz. Those guys are just young. Losing Scarborough hurt bad. I dont think Clemson would have won the TOP battle if Bama could run all game. Hurt wasnt scaring them on defense though so it may have been tough sledding anyways. That kid is only 18.

Carlos Watkins is a stud DT. I think he may end up in the back of the 1st.

Cam Robinson sucked.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

I think these are probably the top 10 best players available this early in my own personal breakdown(In no particular order). Foster, Williams and Adams seem like the safest picks so far. I think those 3 will have very good pro careers. Its early and i haven't watched all the film. Barnett looks sort of soft to me but he may have the most skill and technique of all the edge players. Hes got a little Mack in him. Despite looking nothing like him physically. In fact he reminds me a little of Ingram coming out physically but with better skill. High iq football player. I would not be surprised if he had bad combine numbers.

Barnett DE
                      Garrett DE
                      Allen DE/DT
                      Adams S
                      Hooker S
                      Foster LB
                      Trubisky QB
                      Fournette RB
                      Williams WR
                      Tabor CB

Comment

• Classic
                        Hall Of Fame
                        • Dec 2014
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Bama was gassed. Not often do they lose TOP by that many minutes. Allen had his sack. Anderson did ok and helped his stock. Williams may slide as he was non existent. Foster is all over the place. And played at a high level for 60 minutes. He may go in the top 10. Shit i wouldn't mind signing JPP and drafting Foster. Use him at OLB with Perryman at ILB and Jatavis on the weakside. 1 game shouldnt wreck a players body of work. But 1 game often helps quite a bit. Te'o got crushed in his national championship and it hurt. But the momentum was bad for him going into it.

Mike Williams is a monster. Might be one of the safest players in the draft. Humphries was sort of sliding going into the game. He didnt play well. The backend of Bama needs to mature. They have some great players in Brown, Averett and Fitz. Those guys are just young. Losing Scarborough hurt bad. I dont think Clemson would have won the TOP battle if Bama could run all game. Hurt was scaring them on defense though so it may have been tough sledding anyways. That kid is only 18.

Carlos Watkins is a stud DT. I think he may end up in the back of the 1st.

Cam Robinson sucked.
                        Excuses Excuses Roll Tide got ROLLED!

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Watson had a great game, but the fact is he is not ready to step in and run an NFL offense. He could be another Zach Prescott, where he could be successful if you ask him to do screens, play action, and rollouts, cutting the field in half, and give him a very strong running game to support him. Then bring him slowly on the rest of the passing offense. If we drafted him, he would suffer behind our OL and be a major bust, unless he gets the time to develop his game and learn to read defenses and get some footwork.

A big part of why Clemson won is that they had 45 offensive plays in the 1st half, and 99 total (57 passes and 42 runs), NFL games normally have between 60-70 offensive plays per team). Alabama doesn't use much depth, so their starters legs were like rubber. No player can be explosive for 80-100 plays in a game, which is why the chip kelly types (try to run as many plays. Alabama's needed to play some decent, offense and sustain some drives to rest their defense.

Comment

Working...
                          X