• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Watson had a great game, but the fact is he is not ready to step in and run an NFL offense. He could be another Zach Prescott, where he could be successful if you ask him to do screens, play action, and rollouts, cutting the field in half, and give him a very strong running game to support him. Then bring him slowly on the rest of the passing offense. If we drafted him, he would suffer behind our OL and be a major bust, unless he gets the time to develop his game and learn to read defenses and get some footwork.

A big part of why Clemson won is that they had 45 offensive plays in the 1st half, and 99 total (57 passes and 42 runs), NFL games normally have between 60-70 offensive plays per team). Alabama doesn't use much depth, so their starters legs were like rubber. No player can be explosive for 80-100 plays in a game, which is why the chip kelly types (try to run as many plays. Alabama's needed to play some decent, offense and sustain some drives to rest their defense.
    Is this forum filled with Alabama fans? Don't be sour grape, Clemson rose to the occasion and beat a tremendous defense. If fatigue is all that led to Clemson winning it wouldn't account for Clemson's offense success in 2 National Championship against the same defense. Dabo and Watson had an amazing gameplan that few can make work. Great game and best of luck to Deshaun Watson in the NFL.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      I think these are probably the top 10 best players available this early in my own personal breakdown(In no particular order). Foster, Williams and Adams seem like the safest picks so far. I think those 3 will have very good pro careers. Its early and i haven't watched all the film. Barnett looks sort of soft to me but he may have the most skill and technique of all the edge players. Hes got a little Mack in him. Despite looking nothing like him physically. In fact he reminds me a little of Ingram coming out physically but with better skill. High iq football player. I would not be surprised if he had bad combine numbers.

Barnett DE
      Garrett DE
      Allen DE/DT
      Adams S
      Hooker S
      Foster LB
      Trubisky QB
      Fournette RB
      Williams WR
      Tabor CB
      Fleet... thoughts on Budda Baker, Safety from Washington.

I have no idea what or where he's ranked.

But I saw Washington play 3-4 times this year, he always seemed to stand out.

I'm with you, in thinking a top flight safety will really put this defense over.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

I'm on the Adams train ..... til I get off
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
          Fleet... thoughts on Budda Baker, Safety from Washington.

I have no idea what or where he's ranked.

But I saw Washington play 3-4 times this year, he always seemed to stand out.

I'm with you, in thinking a top flight safety will really put this defense over.
          Ive liked him all season. I like that he can slide into the slot and play cb. And can play the boundary. He has the type of skillset you like to have when you have a Verrett on your team. Someone who will almost never make it through a season.

Thats why i might shy away from him. Hes sort of Verrett playing Safety. Both are very small. Can he hold up? Verrett scares the hell out of me. Part of my strong desire for Hooker is to at least hide the inevitable pain that a Verrett injury will cause. But hes raw and inexperienced. You draft Hooker based on his projections more than his body of work. He hasnt even come close to his ceiling.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
            Is this forum filled with Alabama fans? Don't be sour grape, Clemson rose to the occasion and beat a tremendous defense. If fatigue is all that led to Clemson winning it wouldn't account for Clemson's offense success in 2 National Championship against the same defense. Dabo and Watson had an amazing gameplan that few can make work. Great game and best of luck to Deshaun Watson in the NFL.
            Clemson was not going to be able to beat Alabama in a game where both teams trade drive for drive. It would never happen. Clemson is not better than Albama player for player and drive for drive. But Clemson likes to run that style of offense for a reason. It is part of their general philosphy, and it is not part of Alabama's. Clemson played the game the way they needed to in order to win. I'm not saying it is a bad thing, just a fact.

Think of it as a general fighting a battle and imposing their will on the other general. Saban wanted to play ball control, and couldn't pull it off. Clemson did play ball control and were able to pull it off.

The running tons of plays is part of the spread philosphy that a lot of college coaches embrace. Look at the build of a lot of the players on the Clemson team. Their OL were smaller then the DL of Alabama, who were a lot smaller than the Alabama DL were last year. The Clemson guys train to run a ton of plays every game. It is their philosphy. Alabama likes to get a lead, then just run the clock down.

Any other offensive game plan for Clemson would have given Alabama a better chance of winning. No one is faulting Clemson for a winning strategy.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

If Watson were there in the second, I'd jump on it. But I doubt he will be. Studying behind Rivers for a couple years would help a great deal. Of course, would also depend on who is coaching this team and the QBs.

Comment

• CTrout
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Came across a highlight video of this kid...looked like he was playing against pee-wee league. I'm not sure where he'd get drafted but certainly a interesting player...listed at 6'7 290

Villanova has not produced an NFL prospect as exciting as Tanoh Kpassagnon since the Philadelphia Eagles selected Brian Westbrook 91st overall back in 2002. Kpassagnon, whose full name is pronounced tawn-o pass-N-yo, likely will not have to wait that long.
                NFL teams are notorious for falling in love with unique athletes and Kpassagnon certainly is that, maintaining track star acceleration despite packing on nearly 70 pounds of muscle over a college career that culminated with his winning the Colonial Athletic Association's Defensive Player of the Year and an invitation to the prestigious Senior Bowl.

It took time for Kpassagnon to grow into his frame and learn the subtleties of the position, which is why he redshirted in 2012 and recorded just 15 tackles in 11 games a year later. He was limited by injury as a sophomore but flashed playmaking ability, with five of his 12 tackles on the year coming behind the line of scrimmage, including 3.5 for sacks. Healthy as a junior, Kpassagnon earned First Team All-CAA honors with 33 total tackles (21 solo), a team-high 9.5 tackles for loss, a team-best 6.5 sacks, two blocked kicks, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and one interception while starting all 11 games. That just hinted at the success coming in 2016 when he registered career-highs in virtually every category, including tackles (45), tackles for loss (21.5) and sacks (11), as well as another two forced fumbles and a blocked kick.

Sure, Kpassagnon's production was inflated by inferior competition, but scouts are drooling over his blend of length, burst and power. With the Villanova coaches raving about Kpassagnon's commitment to maximizing his potential, he is a lottery ticket that could pay off big.

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Blessed with a remarkable combination of size and explosiveness that simply screams NFL. Possesses an imposing frame with broad shoulders, long arms and a sculpted physique that testifies to his commitment to the weight room. Fires off the ball, routinely blowing past offensive tackles with his initial burst to the outside. Complements his speed rush with an effective counter back to the inside off of a strong jab step. Strong hands to rip through the reach of tackles, slapping them away. Good flexibility and core strength to fight through contact on his way to the backfield, including through double-teams. Prototypical wingspan for the position, using his long arms to reach out to knock the ball free from quarterbacks, disrupt passing lanes, block kicks and drag down ball-carriers while still engaged with would-be blockers. Voted a team captain and is highly respected by the Villanova coaching staff and teammates for his commitment towards maximizing his potential on and off the field. Signed with Villanova in part due to its academics. A three-time member of the CAA All-academic team with one degree earned last May in finance and another on the way in accounting. Appears to be just scratching the surface of his potential.
                WEAKNESSES: Undeniably a project and one whose success has come against inferior competition. Almost too quick for his own good, too often blindly rushing upfield only to allow ball-carriers to escape past him on draws and screens. Attempts to spin away from double-teams, losing sight of the ball and effectively taking himself out of the play. Possesses an explosive burst and accelerates smoothly but tires quickly and does not always pursue laterally or downfield with the reckless abandon scouts would prefer... Struggled with a heavily wrapped thumb injury in the final game of his career for Villanova, a 10-7 loss to South Dakota State - an injury that obvious will require a close look from medical personnel at the Combine.

IN OUR VIEW: Simply put, freakish athletes like Kpassagnon don't last long on draft day, especially those with the size to play virtually any role in the front seven. Pair him with a creative defensive coordinator and Kpassagnon could join Westbrook as a rare difference-maker in the NFL out of Villanova.

COMPARES TO: Jason Pierre-Paul: Comparing Kpassagnon to Pierre-Paul, a two-time Pro Bowler, might seem like hyperbole but he too was quite raw as a one-year starter out of South Florida back in 2010. Kpassagnon has a long ways to go before warranting this comparison but few - even in the NFL - possess his combination of length and explosiveness.

CBSSports
                Last edited by CTrout; 01-12-2017, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Los Angeles Chargers UDFA
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Does anyone care about the draft now?
                    I grew up in SD til I was 30, moved, came back and left for good at 32 but I haven't lived there since 1996. So, this is a travesty for me as well but it isn't as hard to take as some of you.
                    Not sure how I really feel but for the last year I havent been into the draft as much because of the moving talk. Not really giving a fuck now
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-12-2017, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• zoom
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I will always care, but more from a college football perspective and matching needs of all teams to NFL teams. I have always enjoyed that.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Bradley built the Seahawks D around his Safeties. This would be the perfect draft to do the same.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Is Bradley official?

Comment

Working...
                          X