• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Hes a stud. But primarily a pass rusher. Plays on the edge and rarely drops back. Hardly ever plays backed off the line and didnt have to make a lot of open field tackles. I guess they feel he can play a role similar to Beasley or Miller(When he was in a 43).

Comment

• blueman
        blueman commented
        Editing a comment
        Bradley gets to cherrypick this D draft. He would be a good fit.

Then again, we are entering liars month..
    • Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I have no problem taking both Vander Esch and Nwosu. Too many pass rushers? Not happening.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
        blueman commented
        Editing a comment
        Was just thinking the same thing. Bring it.
    • Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Perryman at WLB....Vander Esch at ILB and Nwosu at SAM. I just cant find film of him dropping back in coverage. But he can play the edge well and keep a RB from popping outside. But he will be right up on the line as he doesnt play off much. He needs to be up close on the edge.

Im kind of seeing a Bruce Irvin type or maybe even Shane Ray when Denver was using a 43. They had Miller and Ray standing up with Ware's hand in the ground. Wolfe was playing Bosa's spot. We have a bunch of good DBs who can play LB. Phillips, Addae, Jenkins etc. On obvious passing downs like 3rd and long we can move Bosa inside and rush Ingram with Nwosu opposite of him. Thats 3 pretty good pass rushers that can apply pressure and let our Hybrids do all the covering.

Comment

• blueman
        blueman commented
        Editing a comment
        Seeing a bit of Seau in Nwosa, in how he attacks the line, and backs off from it, seems to tip a lot of passes when he does that which is nice.

Both Vander Esch and Nwosa are very active defenders, they love to attack but do it smartly. Been missing that kind of midfield play.
        Last edited by blueman; 03-21-2018, 03:07 PM.

• Fleet
        Fleet commented
        Editing a comment
        He probably tipped more passes than any player combined over the past 2 years. Maybe not but still he is the master of doing that.
    • chargerkdb
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
      • Send PM

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Esch in the first and Nwosa in the third would be nice
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I am pretty sure that Edmunds is who they were talking about in that story as well. I hope we don't trade up, but I'd love to have him.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            chargerkdb commented
            Editing a comment
            After reading the Mailbag from Henne yesterday on Chargers.com it sure looks like they are conditioning fan base for a trade. Reminding us that Telesco has traded up 3 times for a player he covets and we know he tried unsecessfuly to trade up for Lamp last year only to have him fall to us.

I was pretty sure about that interview being about Edmunds because some of things that were said were almost verbatim from local VT beat writers. When I reviewed the Clemson game the busted coverage for a TD was right there.
            Last edited by chargerkdb; 03-23-2018, 01:49 PM.
        • Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

How much are you willing to give up to get up to #8?

And what if Pitt trades up to get Vander Esch? Oh, that would piss me off so much.
          Last edited by Formula 21; 03-21-2018, 05:41 PM.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargerkdb
            chargerkdb commented
            Editing a comment
            By trade chart it would take our 2nd and 6th I believe to move from 17 to 7. Of course a player and/or future year picks could change that. He will not get by SF or Chicago. 7 should be after QB’s, Barley and Chubb. Really depends on other trades, I think it will be silly this year
        • charger1993
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Lets see everyones opinion real quick. I think gus bradley is trying to tune this defense kind of like Jacksonville. We have the des, one great cb, one great when avaible, and one waiting to be unleashed.
          Main question who do you see the chargers targeting in the first 5 rounds. Do we see some tweaners?? Lets here some input

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Pretty sure every team in the league would be happy with Edmunds, Smith too albeit very different players. After that guys like Vander Esch and Griffin and Nwosa are players who add a special something to the position, I imagine Bradley would be ecstatic with any of those five guys, or any two.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

I think Bradley is ecstatic when the Bolts go D with the 1st 3 picks.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I still think a second or third on a RB/returner is not a bad pick if it's Penny.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                X