• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blueman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chargerkdb
    commented on 's reply
    Don’t forget Lamp. No production from round 1 or 2.

• WindsorUK
    commented on 's reply
    That would just about be right- we need help on the DL, at LB, and S, so taking a project QB, someone who won't play AT ALL, and have zero impact(just like Mike Williams from a year ago)would be true to TT' s MO.
    Go D-early and often!

• richpjr
    replied
    From Move the Sticks

Chargers looking for QB in Round 2: The Chargers have been doing their homework on this quarterback class and there is a lot of chatter about them potentially looking for Philip Rivers' eventual replacement. While many have pointed to the possibility of taking Louisville's Lamar Jackson in the first round, I'd keep an eye on guys like Washington State's Luke Falk, Oklahoma State's Mason Rudolph and Richmond's Kyle Lauletta in the second round.

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    If I remember right, and I think I do... Perryman, when he came back last season... played Will.

I think if they can draft a guy who can play the Mike, and play it for 3 downs, you do it. If you can't... you plug Perryman back into that spot.

And you could look at: Will/Safety/Payne in the first round.

I love Payne, but I do have concerns with how long it takes Big DT's to develop. I'm not talking the Aaron Donald types, I'm talking the bigger guys that play the Mebane role... and with Leguit restructuring... maybe they aren't interested in taking a DT that early?

For as much grief as Emmanuel took on here (and rightfully so, especially early), he improved A lot as the season went on... and we're not in Base 4-3 very often anyway.
    He was playing a brand new position... (He was a 4-3 DE in college, then was a 3-4 OLB for the Bolts)... I thought he played a lot better, and he's on a rookie deal still. And the team is in Base defense what? 30% of the snaps?

Leave a comment:

• WindsorUK
    replied
    Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    When is draft day?
    Thanks Steve.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah but if they just stop doing that we’ll be fine.

• Fleet
    replied
    Watching Boston and Toomer on that Patterson end around for a long TD score just now reminds me of why we need better players on defense. That was just atrocious perimeter run defending. Something that has been highlighted quite a bit by our staff. I dont care if its Safety or LB just get guys on the edge who can not look so terrible with the angles they take and poor tackling. Of course those 2 guys dont get exposed if Pullard doesn't also start the play off by taking a terrible angle for a missed tackle. Too fucking easy.

Those 3 guys are simply bot very good. Not surprised we didnt bring back Toomer or Boston. Its not just the DL thats the problem. Its slow LBs with very poor read and react skills who consistently take poor angles and miss tackles.

Leave a comment:

• bonehead
    commented on 's reply
    Hopefully the last chemo treatment ever Stinky

• bonehead
    replied
    I miss the all day Saturday andnSunday drafts

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    commented on 's reply
    I might add your name, Stinky, to the Draft Day One thread name for Mojo!

• Screeme
    replied
    Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    When is draft day?
    In going to completely miss the first round. Second year in a row.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X