Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      I think im just done trying to project what this team does on the OL. So i put Slausson on there as a possibility. But im most likely drafting or bringing in a center. And drafting an OT. Id probably look at something like this.

Bring in Poe DT and Wesley Johnson C

Let Boston walk and draft

S Derwin James
      DL Harrison Phillips
      OT Mitch Hyatt
      RB Sony Michel
      QB
      PK
      Is Poe going to be available?
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Attack
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2017
        • Send PM

I think im just done trying to project what this team does on the OL. So i put Slausson on there as a possibility. But im most likely drafting or bringing in a center. And drafting an OT. Id probably look at something like this.

S Derwin James
        DL Harrison Phillips
        OT Mitch Hyatt
        RB Sony Michel
        QB
        PK
        With Poe due to be a free agent at year end, he will draw a lot of attention, esp with being healthy this year. Would it make sense to cut Liuget and try signing Poe with that money?

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post

With Poe due to be a free agent at year end, he will draw a lot of attention, esp with being healthy this year. Would it make sense to cut Liuget and try signing Poe with that money?
          Poe is still young at 27, that would be a nice catch, I would be in favor of cutting Liuget ,Benjamin, and Slauson, I would think Gates would retire at the end of the season.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I cant see Corey here at 9 million next year. Hes just a part time dude. 3 million in dead money post June 1. Use that money on a player. Poe would be nice. Verrett is another guy that could free up a bunch of cash. I dont think he even has a dead hit. Thats over 8 million right there. If you can find a trade partner great....but its a salary dump and teams know that. So you may be able to swap picks in a round or grab a late rounder. But hes completely undependable and with his money its not worth it.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

A little under 5 million in dead money for next year. Excluding players we cut in 2018 that add to that total. NFL winter meetings news came out that the cap could hit 178 million. We are projected to be around 30 million under the cap and thats based on the current 155 million. If it goes up another 20 or so add that. Thing is a lot of team will have amazing cap space. And this is what continues to drive up the price of players. I would have no problem using big money to secure a major important position. But we have some guys that need to be signed. Like. Hayward and maybe Perryman who are free in 2019. We dont really have any serious losses in UFA 2018. Maybe bring back Boston, Hairston, Toomer, Wiggins and Slausson.

So you want to hit on your draft picks. But we have some room next year to do some things. Maybe a guy like Poe to take the place of Mebane. Then draft another DT that can compliment Poe. Maurice Hurst type. Similar player to Peko. Can even play DE and use Ingram's versatility in some looks. Poe has been on the field almost 700 snaps this season. He and Jarrett rarely come off. Along with Deion Jones that trio has been pretty good against the run. And Poe has really helped Jones flourish at ILB. Be a big help for Perryman.

IMO you upgrade the LB spot with a stud full time DT. Money well spent for a full time player.
                Adding Poe and Hurst gives us the best front four in the NFL. And probably the best in team history.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                  Fleet commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And a good front four makes everyone behind them better.
              • Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I cant see Corey here at 9 million next year. Hes just a part time dude. 3 million in dead money post June 1. Use that money on a player. Poe would be nice. Verrett is another guy that could free up a bunch of cash. I dont think he even has a dead hit. Thats over 8 million right there. If you can find a trade partner great....but its a salary dump and teams know that. So you may be able to swap picks in a round or grab a late rounder. But hes completely undependable and with his money its not worth it.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Attack
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2017
                  • Send PM

S Derwin James
                  DL Harrison Phillips
                  OT Mitch Hyatt
                  RB Sony Michel
                  QB
                  PK
                  Is Wesley Johnson a good C? I can't say that he is talked about as being a good player on sports radio in NY. Seems like he may be just a guy and not much better than Pulley. PFF isn't rating very well either. Is there something about this guy that you know and like? If he's playing this week, we'll get a good look at him.

I'd like Price or Vea in round 1. And cut Liuget and sign Poe. And cut Benjamin. And let Verrett go; can't see another team wanting to trade for him. Draft RB Penny as backup RB and special teams returner. Dang, Poe and Vea sounds good on the D-line.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Havnt really followed him this year but now that im looking at the reports it doesnt sound like hes doing great. I saw the free agent list and remember him playing really well last year. Its why they let Mangold go. Maybe hes regressed. He looked really solid last year when he started playing. Like a really good up and comer.

May need to look elsewhere if hes not panning out. Nobody will command a shitload of money imo. And there are probably better options than what we have. Drafting a guy like Billy Price also makes a lot of sense. May be able to use Lamp outside. But Lamp, Price, Feeney sounds like a nice interior.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

If a top 5 talent falls to the late teens, BPA theory says you take him.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                      X