• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Depends on the player. Will the NT/LB be such a difference-maker that the plays they are in on will be that much more successful because of them? If they are that good would they be that part-time? Or only off the field for needed rest?

If somebody amazing drops, a Donald or a Jack, no-brainer you take them and make them work, sure. I think where we will pick that is unlikely, thinking C or safety. But hey twist my arm and give me another top front seven talent.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

I wouldnt mind a guy like Vea but is he an every down player for us? I do think we need to upgrade Mebane and or get someone he can help develop. But in the 1st round im probably looking at a 3T type that can pressure the pocket and stop the run. Maurice Hurst type. Really like him. I even like Payne and i think hes most likely a 1T type but if hes a 500-600 snap guy is it worth it? We have so many part time players. I look at Jacksonville and they have almost 10 guys that are 3 down players. Half are in the front 7. Im fine rotating all these guys but it tells me that on defense we need some full time help. And thats where im heading into this draft. Get me some full time centerpiece players to build around. To compliment Ingram and Bosa. Because they tailed off. And we need to keep them fresh. Im also not opposed to another pass rusher. But im really jonesing for some inside power. Someone that needs to be doubled. And id prefer 2 guys that are so disruptive that Bosa and Ingram are like kids in a candy shop of tasty QBs. To be able to have a crazy pass rush with 4 guys just makes things easier for everyone behind them. And it frees up LBs in run defense.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

You need a 2 gap in Bradleys scheme. Watch Vea here. This is what we want from our 1T.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Yes Vea is a powerful man and a first round pick. But will he be a 3 down player with the Bolts? I think Hurst could be and Hurst would definitely get in the qbs face more often on passing downs. IMO of course.

and a pass rusher has much more value than a run stuffer.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Yes Vea is a powerful man and a first round pick. But will he be a 3 down player with the Bolts? I think Hurst could be and Hurst would definitely get in the qbs face more often on passing downs. IMO of course.

and a pass rusher has much more value than a run stuffer.
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• blueman
                blueman commented
                Editing a comment
                But against teams like KC or the Raiders, do we plaything but dime? Seems to continue to be so strong against the pass, which looks to be a choice by Bradley, we have to defend the run better from the dime. Maybe Vea (or Payne?) can be our guy in the middle or rotate in on those downs...or is an every-down LB like Smith a better pick? I dunno, I can see arguments both ways.

• Formula 21
                Formula 21 commented
                Editing a comment
                Linebackers probably get three times he tackles of DL. If you want more tackles, LB is the way to go.

• blueman
                blueman commented
                Editing a comment
                Here’s my deal on tackling: I don’t believe football players at this level forget how to do something basic like tackling. First thing for a tackle, gotta be in position. I do think we need a better LB, and a better NT/DT. But I don’t think that will automatically fix our tackling woes. Help, yes, but as long as we line up in the dime predominantly, big RBs will have an edge against us. Unless we also get some amazing DBs (Harrison?) who can also bring down a Lynch cuz they’re on the field and have the ability to adjust to the run just that fast and effectively. Any of these three guys will help us on D, and regardless of scheme as I think they’re all that good. If all three are there, and say Price, wow what a choice, pick what flavor of candy, like.
            • Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Both Edmunds brothers declared today. One a stud LB and the other a stud SS who can cover extremely well.

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Both Edmunds brothers declared today. One a stud LB and the other a stud SS who can cover extremely well.
                Tremaine Edmunds projects as a first round pick

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

If you like size in a lb, Tremaine Edmunds is 6-foot-5, 250-pound. It's possible he's the first LB off the board due to his outstanding size. The NFL is a league for big men.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Amazing the talent we will have to choose from with our pick.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

The thing with Edmunds is his football IQ is lacking somewhat in coverage. Hes often responsible for RBs out of the backfield and gets easily fooled by QBs. Just look at the costly mistake against Clemson. Its not a one time thing. Im honestly not sure hes a 1st rounder. He has the great measurables...but he sure does have a lot to learn in the pass game. He may be best on the inside. He bounced back between Mike and Backer but they use a Whip in coverage. He's a short side of the field linebacker. Probably best dropping back in zone.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                        • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                        X