• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

He is too slow for the NFL and his low round, or undrafted status will reflect that. He is a good player and his point of attack is very good but for the NFL he is too slow. Scouts had Hodge from 4.95 to 5.03.

There was a LB from W Virginia, or Virginia tech.. ... One of those,... some years ago that people were high on in the forums, rated a mid rounder If memory serves and he ran a 5.0 at the combine and that was it for him.
    Not saying Hodge will go undrafted but he could. He can play, he just isn't very fast.

Edit... His name is Kai Parham of Virginia in the 2006 draft. Ran a 5.04 forty, 30 reps, 7.35 3 cone. This is after a 103 tackles season and he entered the draft as a junior. Ran slow, undrafted.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-27-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Yeah I'm not a fan of Walter at all or Draftek. The two i think are the best are CBS aka draftscout and Thehuddlereport. THR not only has a value board,but they have been keeping stats of the "experts" for years of how they do compared to themselves.
      don't really do cbssports post Rang/Brugler.... haven't seen any indication from Trapasso that he is bringing much of anything of note/significance to the table ??

and thought THR was a paid site ?? was fun to look @their board.... http://www.thehuddlereport.com/valueboard.shtml

29 Dexter Lawrence
      37 Jeffery Simmons
      38 Nasir Adderley
      52 Kaleb McGary
      64 Justin Layne
      73 Erik McCoy
      84 Yodny Cajuste
      95 Stidham
      105 Josh Oliver
      114 Bryce Love
      115 Isaiah Johnson
      122 Te'Von Coney
      139 Isaiah Prince
      153 TJ Edwards
      184 Jalen Hurd

my picks are in bold, albeit am hard pressed to pass on the likes of McCoy and B. Love.... Coney/Edwards are on there only cuz Telesco said LB was a priority.

personally am planning on going QB/Stidham @28, as think he's gone before 60, and guessing there will be an Olineman available @60 ??

want the QB, then linemen day two, and then am looking for playmakers, i.e. Love/Hurd after that (if not before).

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

He is too slow for the NFL and his low round, or undrafted status will reflect that. He is a good player and his point of attack is very good but for the NFL he is too slow. Scouts had Hodge from 4.95 to 5.03.

There was a LB from W Virginia, or Virginia tech.. ... One of those,... some years ago that people were high on in the forums, rated a mid rounder If memory serves and he ran a 5.0 at the combine and that was it for him.
        Not saying Hodge will go undrafted but he could. He can play, he just isn't very fast.

Edit... His name is Kai Parham of Virginia in the 2006 draft. Ran a 5.04 forty, 30 reps, 7.35 3 cone. This is after a 103 tackles season and he entered the draft as a junior. Ran slow, undrafted.
        I couldn't find a 40-time for Hodge. He wasn't invited to the combine... maybe that's why. If he is indeed a 4.95, then I think he'll have trouble in the NFL. It is interesting that thehuddlereport has Cashman @ #50 and Hanks @ #90. I think that's too high for Cashman but just about right for Hanks. That puts them both in our 3rd round cluster.

My biggest point is that I don't rely on these boards for my evaluations. I do the evaluations for myself, based on what I see on tape. Quoting an "expert" or draftboard does nothing for me. If I've watched them myself and an "expert" has a vastly different opinion than mine... I'm going with my instincts/evaluations. I've got an entertaining personal story about Daniel Jeremiah if you're interested...

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I couldn't find a 40-time for Hodge. He wasn't invited to the combine... maybe that's why. If he is indeed a 4.95, then I think he'll have trouble in the NFL. It is interesting that thehuddlereport has Cashman @ #50 and Hanks @ #90. I think that's too high for Cashman but just about right for Hanks. That puts them both in our 3rd round cluster.

My biggest point is that I don't rely on these boards for my evaluations. I do the evaluations for myself, based on what I see on tape. Quoting an "expert" or draftboard does nothing for me. If I've watched them myself and an "expert" has a vastly different opinion than mine... I'm going with my instincts/evaluations. I've got an entertaining personal story about Daniel Jeremiah if you're interested...
          Hodge ran only the one forty at his pro day. This article had him at 5.03 but I've also seen one at 4.95 so he is in that range.

https://www.ubspectrum.com/article/2...nes-on-pro-day

I understand watching them for yourself. We aren't scouts but there are times I disagree. Like everyone else, pundits and scouts just fall in love with a player and over evaluate them.
          I don't think Cashman goes that high at all but I do like to compare from those couple of sites when I feel I have a good read on players. There are many I haven't seen this year and doing a lot of catchup on it but I don't like to look at highlight videos. I don't feel that shows me what I want to see. I'm not as hard core into the draft as I used to be. Still like it but it took up too much of my time that I felt wasn't important or anything real productive.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-27-2019, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

028) QB Jarrett Stidham
            060) OC Erik McCoy
            091) OT Yodny Cajuste/Isaiah Prince
            130) WR Jalen Hurd
            166) RB Bryce Love
            200) OT Isaiah Prince
            242) LB Te'Von Coney

re: Dex, Simmons, et al.... would sign Danny Shelton in FA

would also sign Jamie Collins for SAMIKE
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Yeah I'm not a fan of Walter at all or Draftek. The two i think are the best are CBS aka draftscout and Thehuddlereport. THR not only has a value board,but they have been keeping stats of the "experts" for years of how they do compared to themselves.
              gonna put a good word in for Walter as 'specially early in the (draft) season, there is info few and far between, and whether you/eye agree w/him or not, he has a lot of info to peruse, pretty much on a weekly/even daily basis, and all thru the season as well.

he is a good benchmark to get a feeling for things, when others have yet to circle their wagons so to speak.

and drafttek has some wonky rankings now and then, albeit they have improved over the years, and again they are one of the earlier sites on board, as far as a full seven round mock and also like to look at their team needs page, and individual rankings.

used to like draftcountdown, but he doesn't really do scouting reports anymore, albeit he still has a comprehensive ranking by position, and does the occasional mock draft worth reading.

and don't think cbssports has much of anything to do w/draftscout any longer, as Rob Rang is w/the Maven if I'm seeing things true there, and Brugler w/the Athletic, a paid site.

thanx for the mention of tHR.... will give it another look see before too very long.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                gonna put a good word in for Walter as 'specially early in the (draft) season, there is info few and far between, and whether you/eye agree w/him or not, he has a lot of info to peruse, pretty much on a weekly/even daily basis, and all thru the season as well.

he is a good benchmark to get a feeling for things, when others have yet to circle their wagons so to speak.

and drafttek has some wonky rankings now and then, albeit they have improved over the years, and again they are one of the earlier sites on board, as far as a full seven round mock and also like to look at their team needs page, and individual rankings.

used to like draftcountdown, but he doesn't really do scouting reports anymore, albeit he still has a comprehensive ranking by position, and does the occasional mock draft worth reading.

and don't think cbssports has much of anything to do w/draftscout any longer, as Rob Rang is w/the Maven if I'm seeing things true there, and Brugler w/the Athletic, a paid site.

thanx for the mention of tHR.... will give it another look see before too very long.
                Walter and Draftek are awful for rankings although I'd probably call Draftek worse
                The extras are cool as Walter gives pro day results but doesn't list them all for example, Buffalo isn't on there.
                GBN I think used to give pro day results but I havent been there in some years.
                Draftscout will post the pro day results on the players card but they are making it harder to find those now.

THR used to be a pay site to see their board after being free for a while and I have paid the $10 a couple times but lately they have been showing them again and looks like it has even been updated so they are keping up on it.

Sometimes they miss someone all together and don't have them in their rankings at all and guys like Cashman are too high bit overall I think they are one of the better ones.....though Drew Broylhart who is one of their eval guys said Rivers would never be a starting QB and should move to TE lmao. I'll never forget that crazy eval.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-28-2019, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Interesting 4 round mock by Chad Rueter. I could definitely be on board with this for us.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...3EAEAEA&sr=amp
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-28-2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

what if we don't draft DT, DE, ILB or an OG ??

what if we bring back both Square and Luiget @IDL, go w/what we have @DE and LB, and stick w/Feeney and Schofield @OG ??

gonna volunteer we draft two DBs (FS & CB), an OT & TE, a wideout and a QB, and wait on the UDFAs for a punter to challenge the Canuck.

Los Angeles Chargers
                    • Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State (PRI)
                    • Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware (SR)
                    • Ryquell Armstead, RB/FB, Temple (SR)
                    • Corey Ballentine, CB, Washburn (SR)
                    • Jackson Barton, OT, Utah (EW)
                    • Kendall Blanton, TE, Missouri (EW)
                    • Kris Boyd, CB, Texas (SR)
                    • Blace Brown, CB, Troy (EW)
                    • Malik Carney, OLB, North Carolina (EW)
                    • Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State (SR)
                    • Jon Duhart, WR, Old Dominion (EW)
                    • Jack Fox, P, Rice (EW)
                    • Ethan Greenidge, OT, Villanova (PRO)
                    • Will Grier, QB, West Virginia (SR)
                    • Daniel Helm, TE, Duke (EW)
                    • Brandon Hitner, OT, Villanova (PRO)
                    • Ka'dar Hollman, CB, Toledo (EW)
                    • Anthony Johnson, WR, Buffalo (SR)
                    • KeeSean Johnson, WR, Fresno State (PRO)
                    • DaMarkus Lodge, WR, Ole Miss (EW)
                    • Joshua Miles, G, Morgan State (EW)
                    • Dare Odeyingbo, DE, Vanderbilt (PRO)
                    • Kyle Phillips, DE, Tennessee (PRO)
                    • Trey Pipkins, OT, Sioux Falls (EW)
                    • Ryan Pope, OT, San Diego State (EW)
                    • Brett Rypien, QB, Boise State (EW)
                    • Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina (PRO)
                    • Matt Sokol, TE, Michigan State (EW)
                    • Easton Stick, QB, North Dakota State (EW)
                    • Jordan Ta'amu, QB, Ole Miss (EW)
                    • Tre Watson, ILB, Maryland (EW)
                    • Kevin Wilkins, DT, Rutgers (EW)
                    • Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt (PRO)
                    • Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA (SR)
                    • Daniel Wise, DT, Kansas (EW)

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Solid mocks from everyone.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Interesting 4 round mock by Chad Rueter. I could definitely be on board with this for us.

That's a A for the Bolts in my book.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

That's pretty solid....I'd ignore the WR position, but I like the other prospects, and where they are picked. I would call that a pretty good draft...from a fan perspective.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X